Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

NOTE: First, I would like to personally and publicly thank Wld for making such an amazing project and with the help of many others that have contributed. Also, if anyone could please help out with the project please feel free to join PRACS at http://tf-lion.webs.com and / or at least contact Wld here via PM or this thread on how you can help with whatever he requests. Thanks everyone for your support!

I agree JDog, now on with the tour!

Just down the main road within the army base I stop the vehicle to show Lt. Marny some of the helicopters recently flown in from a staging point at a CDF Air Force base near the capital of Novigrad. The first aircraft I show him is a RACS Army Air Wing SA330L Puma transport helicopter. Four are presently stationed within Chernarus with a further four to arrive by maritime transport; courtesy of the US Navy's Sealift Command.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-SA330LPuma.jpg

A RACS UH-1N transport helicopter awaits combat operations at the main RACS base in Chernarus.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-Bell412S.jpg

Up next, RACS barracks and MEDEVAC helicopters.

Edited by Sgt Mack

Suggestion on those birds. You might want to redo the smdi map on them a bit to shinny.

Suggestion on those birds. You might want to redo the smdi map on them a bit to shinny.

I just went over them with 50 coats of turtle wax yesterday, you should've seen them beforehand!

I just went over them with 50 coats of turtle wax yesterday, you should've seen them beforehand!

So that's why my personal vehicle looks like crap, you stole HQ's supply for the next 2 months!

i laughed so hare when i read that this morning!

I think they used the supply of floor wax so the boys would not have to buff the floor of the CP anymore :)

At all again thank you for the kind words and support. I thought i had this thing beaten once already. I am not about to lay down and die. Ive been thru too much in my life to go out like this.

thanks again

Eddie

I'm sorry to hear from your illness. I wish you the best things one person can get and press my thumbs that everything will go well for you.

Regarding this mod I think you already know my opinion :p It's great, the best mod package I've seen so far for A2. By the way, have you watched my 140 A1 movie The Crate 2? I've used a lot of Project RACS stuff there and of course gave you a credit :p

i laughed so hare when i read that this morning!

I think they used the supply of floor wax so the boys would not have to buff the floor of the CP anymore :)

At all again thank you for the kind words and support. I thought i had this thing beaten once already. I am not about to lay down and die. Ive been thru too much in my life to go out like this.

thanks again

Eddie

That's the spirit WLD! You're a Survivor! Keep up the Positive, great work, first class can't wait!

yeah eddie...stay strong my friend! and dont worry about getting the mod out....your life and welfare are for more important! and yes i must agree with everyone...the best mod iv seen! and sorry i havnt helped u as much on the mod as i wish i could, but ya know if you need me you know where to find me!

Great-looking Taki Mig there Eddie!

What needs finishing up on it? I have limited config knowledge. If it's something along those lines I might be able to help or at least willing to try.

actually it needs thermal maps and some work on the rvmats. RKSL-rock taught me some new tricks to make them in photoshop but im not having very much success. I eally would like to get this and the Su-24 out so the opfor could realistically stand against the bluefor

Moving along on the tour, I asked Lt. Marny what he thought of Sahrani's contribution to the war effort and he was quite impressed to say the least! In his words, "I'm overwhelmed!" well that's what my broken knowledge of the Chernarussian dialect at least came up with.

As we drove along the main road of the base I snapped a shot of one of the barracks set up for the soon-to-arrive bulk of the RACS 1st Infantry Division. Lead elements were already in Chernarus along with the Royal Fusiliers battalion, and the 1st Battalion, 3rd Mountain Division. Of course we'd seen lead elements of the Royal Armoured Corps at dockside.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-RACSBarracks.jpg

Lt. Marny asked me I thought Sahrani was overreacting a bit to the threat posed by the Chedaki; actually he told me that he was personally a bit offended that NATO and Sahrani was sending so much in military assitance, I told him that Sahrani did not want to see what happened to my country, happen to Chernarus. I told him of things I had personally witnessed at the hands of the SLA from the Democractic Republic of Sahrani (North Sahrani) did to my people. The violations of humanity, the sheer torture and terror that was inflicted. I personally told him, that if it's happening in his country as witnessed by Team Razor of the US Marine Corps, then we are here to prevent further attrocities. Also I mentioned that if Russia even threatened an invasion, NATO's and now Sahrani's presence would make them think twice! I believe this convinced the young Lieutenant as he had no more to say on the matter the rest of the tour.

We got back in my vehicle and headed east along the road to the base Main Entrance. Here I got a picture of some of the troops guarding the base.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/ChernarusRACSBasemainentrance.jpg

Just outside the base entrance a walled area served as the staging area for the RACS SA330 Puma MEDEVAC helicopters. Two such units were present, with several M113 ambulance vehicles present to ferry the wounded to the main RACS medical compound inside the base. This was done due to limited space within the base itself. Security is handled by a squad of Company Alpha from the 1st Battalion, 2nd Regiment of the 1st Infantry Division. They were the first company to arrive in Chernarus by RSAF C130 transport aircraft.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-RACSSA330PumaMEDEVAC.jpg

Thanks to all thos ewho have stepped up and are or will contribute some help in the few areas i need it.

On other such place i could use some help is with the M101 and M117 howitzers. Dimitri harkov wrote me a nice tut on doing it and i somehow messed everything up. If anyone would liek to help out in the area of configuring propper ammunition and getting it to work with the BIS arty module i would greatly appreciate it. Just drop me a PM or catch me on MSN as bigblock52ford@hotmail.com or skype pm for details..

thanks

Eddie

is it possible to make the Puma less shiny?

it looks as it has been clear coated :P

military vehicles tend to be matte

is it possible to make the Puma less shiny?

it looks as it has been clear coated :P

military vehicles tend to be matte

you are incorrect in real life it is shiny as in wip i must say the mod looking good much appreciated.

Looks like RACS are prepared to invade Chernarus, Utes, Takistan and all the other community made islands + maps! :)

Btw is her majesty Princess Titsabella taking part on "Security & Peacekeeping Campaign" or will she follow the battles via Royal Sahrani TV?

HRH Tweets and follows YouTube, MySpace, Facebook, RStv, AAN, CNN, FoxNews, well you get the idea. She likes to keep up on current events, and frankly as liason between the USMC and RACS, it is nice to know our leaders are staying current! On with the tour...

We left the base and turned left on to the main coastal highway heading west towards the US Air Force Base located at Balota. I wanted to show the Lieutenant just how much the West valued Chernarus' freedom.

About a half-kilometer outside of Balota and east of the town, we come up to the major security checkpoint operated by RACS troops from the 1st Infantry Division. In agreement with NATO and the US military, RACS agreed to provide security for checkpoints around the largest western military installation operating in South Zagoria. Lined up ahead of us in queue were Chernarussian civilians who had to go through the checkpoint to carry out their daily business. Ever since the Iraqi War and terrorist activity in the region, the civilian population had to adjust to a new way of life; security in the 21st-century.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-RACSCheckpoint.jpg

I slowed down considerably and pulled up to the RACS trooper guiding traffic in to the queue. Hoping to clear the checkpoint in a timely manner, I step out of the vehicle and show my identification and that of Lt. Marny. He clears us for immediate passage through the checkpoint. A guard tower and the perimeter wall of the US Air Base can be seen to the right in the background.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-RACSCheckpoint2.jpg

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-RACSTrooper.jpg

There seemed to be some sort of delay, and I got out of my vehicle again to speak to the Military Police sergeant in charge of security at the checkpoint. He told me that they had to run a security check on a Chernarussian civilian. I patiently waited for the security check, which in a few moments the civilian was cleared to proceed. Soon I was again on my way to conclude the tour with Lt. Marny.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-RACSCheckpoint3.jpg

Next up Air Defenses and Balota Air Base!

Edited by Sgt Mack

Will the Isolda released with the mod?

Are you planning on a arma 2 version of sharani to play with this mod?

-Dlang

Will the Isolda released with the mod?

Are you planning on a arma 2 version of sharani to play with this mod?

-Dlang

Witness the magic of the forums search function as it revealed CAA1