Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

RACS looks superb. A very welcome addition to ArmA!

Do they have desert DPM too?

RACS looks superb. A very welcome addition to ArmA!

Do they have desert DPM too?

Some of the desert units will. The majority will use the ole tried and tru choco chips

Recently arrived aboard the Sahrani-registered Isolda, Leopard 2A4s of the RACS Armoured Corps undergo inspection. Lieutenant Marny of the Chernarus Defence Force (CDF) speaks with Staff-Sergeant Emilio Gutierez of the Royal Sahrani Military Police; who is overseeing security at the Chernogorsk docks. Lieutenant Marny is expected to give clearance once inspections are complete for the armour to move inland and in to eventual combat operations.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-Leopard2A4s.jpg

EDIT: Whoops typo on the title, they're Leopard 2A4s not A6s. Sorry, I knew that, just a momentary lapse there.

:)

DISCLAIMER: The vessel Isolda is not part of Project RACS. It's available from many ArmA II fansites including armaholic.com and armedassault.info for download. I just used it here for story-telling purposes.

Edited by Sgt Mack
DISCLAIMER added

After Lt. Marny cleared the Leopard 2A4s for deployment, we signed the necessary documents and I asked him to accompany me on an inspection tour of the RACS units deployed to Chernarus thus far. As my official liaison with the CDF, I thought it would be a good way to impress the young lieutenant and build confidence among the CDF with my country's capabilities in the Green Sea Region. I captured this shot of my Landrover parked on the quay at Chernogorsk, Lt. Marny happened to be walking to the passenger side of my vehicle.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-Headingout.jpg

After driving out along the quay and across the viaduct, we turned left and drove along the shoreline a mile or so west towards the main RACS base in Chernarus. It so happens that it lies in a neighborhood within the city limits of Chernogorsk, and the base surrounds a dozen or so homes. The locals immediately welcomed the security of living within the base itself and are on quite good standing with the RACS soldiers stationed there. Also the main power plant in Chernogorsk happens to be within the base as well; RACS providing protection to the main power supply to the capital city of South Zagoria province.

We stop at the secondary gate leading to the main RACS Base in Chernarus and I speak with the Sergeant on duty, from the 3rd Battalion, 1st Brigade of the 1st Infantry Division. He clears me for my inspection tour and Lt. Marny as well. In the background you can see the main NATO/ANZAC Naval Task Force consisting of vessels that are part of Marine Expeditionary Unit 27. The TF itself consists of the USS Khe Sanh, four Arleigh Burke-class DDGs, four Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates, one French Navy La Fayette-class frigate, one Spanish Armada B.A.M.-class frigate, and one each from the Australian and New Zealand Navies ANZAC-class frigates, and numerous support vessels.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-RACSBasecheckpoint.jpg

Once inside the base we catch up to the convoy that we spotted an hour or so earlier on the quay in Chernogorsk. Two Pinzgauer 6x6 Cargo trucks bring up the rear of the convoy. Immediately in front of them are three IVECO M250 support vehicles (from rear to forward Repair, Ammo, Fuel).

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernaurs-Convoy.jpg

About 250 meters or so beyond we catch the forward end of the convoy, four Pinzgauer cargo trucks.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-Convoy2.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come!

DISCLAIMER: The naval vessels are not included in Project RACS. Sorry guys, you'll have to download those yourself, well the "Destroyer" comes with ArmA II. The good news is the other vessels, they're all available now for download from armaholic.com armedassault.info and many other fan-sites and mirrors!

Edited by Sgt Mack

I'm not one to complain about more content, but Super Hornets, F-15s, F-16s, Mirages, and more? Did it happen to rain money on Sarhani after those American forces left?

Keep up the great work BTW.

oil rich country .... maybe they weren't spending it on the right things.

I'm not one to complain about more content, but Super Hornets, F-15s, F-16s, Mirages, and more? Did it happen to rain money on Sarhani after those American forces left?

Keep up the great work BTW.

you know what i will just start cutting things from the mod to make you happy LOL. Just kidding. Sahrani has a handfull of several very effective aircraft. This aierial superiority can make all the difference for a small army.

If you like take some time and go back to the beginning of the thread and ive presented a stroy line of Sahrani discovering more oil, opening thier own military industries, and thier quest for new and better arms form the United States and captured SLA hardware.

Doesn't seem to rain money in Israel these days, or ever for that matter......

"Let me tell you something that we Israelis have against Moses. He took us 40 years through the desert in order to bring us to the one spot in the Middle East that has no oil!"

Golda Meir

"We don't thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient."

Golda Meir

Are those possibly RACS Ships out there in the distance? (hope, hope hope):)

no they are not.

Are those possibly RACS Ships out there in the distance? (hope, hope hope):)

It would be nice if people actually READ the posts. :)

In the background you can see the main NATO/ANZAC Naval Task Force consisting of vessels that are part of Marine Expeditionary Unit 27. The TF itself consists of the USS Khe Sanh, four Arleigh Burke-class DDGs, four Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates, one French Navy La Fayette-class frigate, one Spanish Armada B.A.M.-class frigate, and one each from the Australian and New Zealand Navies ANZAC-class frigates, and numerous support vessels.

...and at the bottom of that same post...

DISCLAIMER: The naval vessels are not included in Project RACS. Sorry guys, you'll have to download those yourself, well the "Destroyer" comes with ArmA II. The good news is the other vessels, they're all available now for download from armaholic.com armedassault.info and many other fan-sites and mirrors!

I appreciate your enthusiasm nonetheless! So go download those wonderful ships and have a blast!

PS: Thanks Wld for posting as well. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

RACS Air-defenses

Heading further west in to our rather impressive base, I came across a M163 VADS (Vulcan Air-Defense System) deployed behind an earthen fortification. It is pointed east and from this vantage point can help defend Chernogorsk from possible Chedaki air-assault. Immediately behind the M163 and out to-sea can be seen the Spanish Armada vessel P-74 Patrullero Atalaya. The Spanish Armada was good enough to provide all four of their Serviola-class patrol vessels to the cause, keeping the southern shores of the province of South Zagoria free from piracy, illegal trafficking, and of course Chedaki insurgents. Also further out to sea can be seen are two of the NATO/ANZAC TF Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates, station-keeping.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-M163VADS.jpg

NOTE: P-74 Patrullero courtesy of the wonderful FFAA Mod. Thanks FFAA!

I walk with Lt. Marny further up the hill, and at the highest point overlooking the Green Sea and guarding the western approaches of Chernogorsk, I take a picture of a RACS M-66 57mm AA gun as it and it's two-man crew stands watch.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/bryinmich/ArmA/Chernarus-M-6657mmAAGun.jpg

Next up: Health-care, RACS style!

Edited by Sgt Mack
Added PS

bofors looks cool

Yes, they do! They've seen a fair share of action already from me.

My apologize for being a bit over enthusiast. Didn't take time to read it all.

Certainly not a problem Vengeance1! I'm glad you were enthusiastic and I hope you enjoy PRACS when it eventually releases along with the naval vessels that are available from other modders now for download.

Don't be a stranger, and I hope you enjoy the screenshots and PRACS!

In the background you can see the main NATO/ANZAC Naval Task Force consisting of vessels that are part of Marine Expeditionary Unit 27. The TF itself consists of the USS Khe Sanh, four Arleigh Burke-class DDGs, four Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates, one French Navy La Fayette-class frigate, one Spanish Armada B.A.M.-class frigate, and one each from the Australian and New Zealand Navies ANZAC-class frigates, and numerous support vessels.

My apologies for going slightly off topic but could I just ask which addon packs these boats can be found in? I have Gnat's ship pack with the OHP and La Fayette, but not sure where I can find the B.A.M, the ANZAC or the Arleigh Burke (is the latter the one already in Arma 2?). Many thanks.

Really looking forward to the mod. :)

Edited by Munger

but not sure where I can find the B.A.M, the ANZAC or the Arleigh Burke (is the latter the one already in Arma 2?). Many thanks.

The BAM patrol ship comes with the FFAA mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11124&highlight=FFAA+MOD

The Royal Australian Navy and Royal New Zealand Navy ANZAC frigates come with the ANZAC mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93294

And the Arleigh burke like ship model comes with stock Arma 2. I will always refuse to call that model an AEGIS destroyer cause has only a partial (very partial) resemblance to a real Arleigh Burke Class destroyer

Unfortunately that model is extremely bad done and would be playable only after a lot of tweaking and lot of work. It's not worth the effort