Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

omhg sorry wolle i love you don't forget that <3

I hope this gets cleared, I was looking foward to this.

(freshmeat to kill, yes yes)

Geez guys would you all take a deep breath and wait for further statements from Marek before you all join that panic wave and scrap your projects?

Right now no one knows exactly what there will be and all of the sudden everyone stopping their projects based on speculations.

Agree.

Too much speculation.

I'd be surprised at a complete about-face by BIS after near on 7 years of development & publishing.

lol

Mass panic strikes BIS forums....

whew

i just got my copy of OA yesterday

can everyone stop putting the blame on bis, remember what caused this issue

im 100% sure bis are looking into a sound and secure new license

give them time

you give modders time to finish projects

give bis time to get it ready

wow, it's like the world is going to end here

Just relax guyz as i'm sure you will all be breathing again when Marek makes a statement.

Surely u don't think BIS would plant a nuclear bomb here, i bet the news will be Ok because this is BIS we are dealing with and they haved looked after us all these years and i'm pretty sure that they understand the importance of their communty.

Edited by vasmkd

I don't have ArmaII, but Project RACS looks so good perhaps I will buy it, wait...

@ wld427

Please chill out. BIS hasn't said one single word on how the licences will affect modding. They have merely informed that they the whole thing is currently high up on their priority list to resolve. Most likely nothing will change as far as retexturing and using stuff from one version of the Virtual Reality engine in another version (i.e ArmA to ArmA2). The last thing BIS would want to do is to kill off the entire modding community, because with that they also kill their whole company.

If you feel you want to halt development until BIS has informed us how the licensing will work, please do so. Just don't abandon all hope just yet :)

Could someone link me to this statement that is giving everyone the creeps?

It's called being a drama queen. Instead of waiting for final word, as usual the gun gets jumped and suddenly panic spreads like a STD around here. Just chill out for once and wait for the final word. It's called being patient. I doubt BIS wants to do anything that'll cause harm to nor the very end of the modding community. Modding has got to be one of the biggest features and high point of this game, so does it make sense BIS would want to kill all of that off? I don't see it. So stop pissing and moaning and just wait until everything is final and made crystal clear. Sheesh.

Look everyone. i was asking some very very specific questions of Dwarden and i will keep the conversation private as i stated before. The issue is some of the answers i recieved in that conversation gave me impressions that BIS did not like what i was doing, working on, and how i was going about doing it. Therefore out of respect to BIS i had choosen to end Project RACS.

Now new information has been passed to me that the information i was given may have very well been very wrong.

My issue is the use of arma2 content as well as OA content. I spent months working on our troops and creating model portions with my limited abilities that match up and use BIS textures as a base and then adding our own patterns to those textures.

At this point i am suspending development instead of killing but i am not too optimistic.

I jsut hope that BIS is not trying to stem some of the modding so that they could bring the content as DLC instead of people making it for free. That is not an accusation, slander, or viscous statement. its jsut a hope thats all ...

Oh my :( Please don't quit it, wld. I guess the majority stands behind you.

But I have to agree ... let's wait for Mareks statement first. Maybe we're all getting it wrong. Maybe ArmA user get a special free license in some kind. After all, we decide to buy or not to buy further content so it would be a terrible idea to screw up with us anyway.

wld427 I hope this is not true, I'm positive Bi will figure out something that solves there problems and also takes into account the popularity of there community made mods But you have my full support.

I am planning on something similar using PRACS and the CDF. Think of it like the Vietnam War. Early on, Sahrani sends Advisors and maybe some equipment (on loan/sold to/given to) the CDF, and as the conflict turns into an all out war, in comes the full might of Sahrani.

Of course, that is also on hold. For now.

Wld, that's some sad news, I'm positive there's only some misunderstanding here, otherwise why doesn't BI remove every little reskin that are present on their own forums? Hope there will be a calming answer for everyone soon.

hey wld can i show some shots of the corazal class frigate or wait till its more solid?

is this now about solidity?

is there liquid ships now or something

Well, he is trying to make it out of ice. It's supposed to be better than the old idea of an Ice Aircraft Carrier. So, yes, he does need to let it solidify.

;)

hahahaha you got a camera. I also wish you the best of luck wld, I was very disapointed to hear what you have said, but i wholeheartedly agree. I wish you the best of luck, and I really do hope that you will be able to continue with PRACS because it just just amazing.

arrowhead brand water.

i think i know what im gonna be drinking now

also bis should totally be like GSC and be like "omg ok u can use our models and stuff just give us credit :)"