Sign in to follow this  
horrgakx

Editor - double-click doesn't work as it should

Hi folks, I hope this is the right section for my problem.

Has anyone seen where you launch the editor and try to double-click to add something to the map but nothing happens?

It occurs quite often for me and it is highly annoying. Shutting the game down & restarting doesn't cure it.

Anyone seen it?

Yeh I am - but creating a new one for example doesn't work. A reboot is the only way.

I know when its going to happen because usually I can double-click on the map name when I'm entering the editor and it acts as a selection with OK. However sometimes it doesn't even do that and I need to reboot.

Outside the game Windows acts normally so don't have a clue what the problem is.

Hi folks, I hope this is the right section for my problem.

Has anyone seen where you launch the editor and try to double-click to add something to the map but nothing happens?

It occurs quite often for me and it is highly annoying. Shutting the game down & restarting doesn't cure it.

Anyone seen it?

Do you happen to have a TrackIR?

It's a known issue. The problem actually started with the last TrackIR update (prior to ArmA2 official patch 1.03).

heh, yup. Track IR. I made one of my key's on my mouse a "double click" and it works fine. If you hit it REAL fast, it will work.

Ira4io... whatever ... is your TrackIR active? If so shut it down before going into the editor.

Incidentally I accidentally left my TrackIR running just now in the editor and it behaved itself...

Ira4io... whatever ... is your TrackIR active? If so shut it down before going into the editor.

Incidentally I accidentally left my TrackIR running just now in the editor and it behaved itself...

Thanks good tip, i think it was active.

Fortunately i have TrackIR 4 and solved my problem by reverting to the latest v4 (not v5) trackir software. The v5 software didnt allow the camera to be inverted (which mine is) so i had to revert anyway.

With the v4, as others here pointed out, there is no double click issue.

However, i have to wonder how such an issue could come to arise at all. What on earth does head tracking have to do with double click?

the camera to be inverted (which mine is)

Is that mounted underneath the monitor or something?

Is that mounted underneath the monitor or something?

I have a large CRT at head height and Track IR 4 so if its mounted below the monitor i have limited tracking motion looking upward, and if on top i have limited motion downward. However, i decided less motion downward was the lesser of the two evils, and also on top tends to be closer to level with my head (that would be best). When mounted on top, however, not only does the CRT's thick top bezel force it higher than level, but its little feet also mean it goes even higher.

So what i did for now is i sticky taped it onto the top bezel (as far down as i could without obstructing the monitor view) upside down so that the feet would not block the monitor view unnecessarily. I may take them off later and blu tack the thing to the monitor instead, but for now it works rather well :D