Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Project directory and including your own addons

Well, I've got ladders and doors working fine without having to copy CPP files or place my project inside the CA directory, but there might be 1 downside.

I've include my own P3D's inside my island project folder, works fine in buldozer, but when I save the WRP and binarize it, it sticks a CA\ (in the WRP) in front of the direction to the p3d file, so of course when you run it in game, it cant find my addon.

Looking at the PROJECT PREFERANCES -> Folder Objects box in visitor, its normall got CA in it, and it works fine, if you remove the CA, my addon still works fine, but then it looses the BIS default addons :(

Unfortunately that box seems to add whatever is there (ie "CA") in front of EVERY addon, no matter its true location.

Wondering if there is a "1 PBO" solution, or if I'm going to have to place all custom building and road addons in a separate PBO, like it seems others have done.

EDIT: Even tried to hex edit the CA\ reference out of the WRP for the 1 addon. Didnt work, get the error again, xxxxx.p3d not found.

---------------------

Well, obviously everyone had an oppinion on this ! ;)

Anyhow, solved the problem myself after much experiementing

- DONT put anything in your PROJECT PREFERANCES -> Folder Objects box in visitor

- Have all the BIS buildings etc in P:\CA\everything

- Have your Island project folder in root of P, like P:\GNT_Sands

- When you load objects into the Visitor template you should notice it gives it a "ca\buildings\....." or "ca\structures\...." etc file location.

- You can now place your own addons under your island directory, like "P:\GNT_Sands\runway\runway_main_40_X.p3d"

Ladders, doors all still work.

Haven't spoted a downside yet.