Sign in to follow this  
Krull SGC

Sound issues with nforce 415-d apu

Hi, I have recently upgraded my system to an Athlon Xp 2000+ and an Asus A7N266-C (nforce 415-D) motherboard.

I have dumped my old SB Live!, and now use the bundled Asus ACR-6CH board for my sound, (which so far has proved to produce superior quality sound) connected to the AV inputs of a Dolby ProLogic stereo via the Front out jack on the card the same as I had my SB Live!.

My problem is that in OFP (I have no sound problems in any other game I have) with hardware acceleration on, there appears to be no sound inside vehicles (unless the stereo volume is turned up full, and even then its low), with EAX enabled the ambient sounds are so loud they drown out everything, and with no hardware acceleration or EAX, you get sound inside vehicles, but not outside, except for the sound of your own weapons fire.

Does anybody else with an nforce based motherboard have a similar sound problem?? and does anyone have any suggestions on how I could fix it.

I am using OFP v.1.46, and what I believe are the latest unified nforce drivers (v.5.10.2813.0) from nvidia.

Thx.