Sign in to follow this  
horrgakx1

High Command instructions?

I've read around some topics with a similar title to this but I'm still left in need of a FAQ.

1) How do I get people to drop weapons/NVG/etc so I can pick them up

2) How can I add soldiers (or even armoured units!) to the groups under my command? Sometimes half of one squad has been killed as they happily walk in front of enemy tanks etc. (they deserve to die ;) ).

3) What are the menu options for - such as "send money", "request help", etc in the menu? This is the second time I've played this campaign not knowing what this stuff does.

I'm really not using this system whatsoever and just using my team (with me 90% of the time) as normal to gradually wear away at the enemy defences. I'd love to know how to use it properly.

You can get NVG's from enemy officers (after you have dispatched them, naturally).

Or, buy a pilot, shoot him in thwe back, and take his NVG's (Don't forget to hide the body).

Use the Mouse wheel menu while looking at the body and examine his Gear.

Have you done the Boot Camp High Command training? It's a good starting place.

Cheers,

Luke.

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the high command training - did that just the other night. It is maybe a little late actually as this is my second time playing the campaign (which is a little more bug-free than the first time I did it) :)

However the training doesn't tell you how to attach other men to the groups you control (#2 above), or how the scroll-wheel-menu works (#3 above)...

At the moment I'm STILL playing 90% on my own, I find that if I send the groups 2, 3, 4 etc. anywhere near a town they get decimated. I find using the command system a pain to be honest, more trouble than its worth.

Thanks for the reply.

At the moment I'm STILL playing 90% on my own, I find that if I send the groups 2, 3, 4 etc. anywhere near a town they get decimated. I find using the command system a pain to be honest, more trouble than its worth.

You have to be mindful of all the other tactical considerations...terrain, timing, approach etc. Interpret the map, use maneuver. For example, in the opening attack you can position the NAPAs to attack the northern strongpoint while you should wait in the small forrest to the south. Enemy will react to NAPA attack by sending all the UAZs north. If you coordinated well you should be able to destroy them all because they will expose their flank to you. In military parlance, use NAPAs for a feint to the north while you are the main effort!

You can also set the units' awareness levels, just like for your squad...if you select DANGER they will not charge mindlessly across the map.

It's always a good idea to set their waypoints short of the objective and ideally in a covered position, such as in a forrest or behind some building. Also, use them to support you, and not as the main force. This will make your tasks much, much easier while it saves poor NAPAs' lives.

The second time I played I lost maybe 2-3 troopers overall....So, I guess practice makes perfect!

In Badlands you cannot reinforce NAPA formations, which is a shame.

In DoW you can recruit a unit, select it with appropriate function key, then open COMMUNICATION, then SEND UNIT, then select 1-6 the name of commander whose formation you want to reinforce. It is more useful to remember commanders' names rather than formation numbers because it is misleading as you are F1. So formation F2 will be 1 in the radio menu.

Once you have sent the unit its tab will disappear and it will automatically proceed to the position of the formation's commander.

Edited by Ferrando

Ferrando thank you for those tips, they came in handy :)

I already figured out how to send units... but how can I CREATE High Command groups?? Is it even possible?

If its not (which seems to be the case) this needs to adressed in a patch ASAP ! As it kinda takes the point of earning money and waging war away. One should be able to completely stay out of the fray while sending large platoons at the enemy or rebuild all troops from scratch.

EDIT Ok nevermind it appears to be impossible. That takes a lot of potential out of the high command module... looks like the modders are needed here :/

Edited by c0mmanderKeen

Ferrando thank you for those tips, they came in handy :)

I already figured out how to send units... but how can I CREATE High Command groups?? Is it even possible?

If its not (which seems to be the case) this needs to adressed in a patch ASAP ! As it kinda takes the point of earning money and waging war away. One should be able to completely stay out of the fray while sending large platoons at the enemy or rebuild all troops from scratch.

EDIT Ok nevermind it appears to be impossible. That takes a lot of potential out of the high command module... looks like the modders are needed here :/

I agree 100% If they implement this, you could choose to play any warfare map as an extreemly tactical, realistic rts. Super realistic red alert if you like, being able to complete any sp warfare map without even fireing a shot.

what happens when my commander dies , and i am unable to command the whole army in a user made missions ? how can i vote or make another unit the commander of the army ?

i am making missions just to play with friends ....

I haven't read the whole thing but as far as buying the pilot and shooting him in the back don't do that. Its not nice. Go to your map and go to units. Figure out which one he is and then tell him to drop his NVGoggles.

I don't think I'm hi-jacking this thread as it's been several months since it had a response.

I need high command help, like others the manual is no good and my high command tutorial gets stuck, it won't move onto the next instructions so it's of no use to me.

I'm playing Badlands, and I need help with:

1. Can I send purchased units to other groups? There are 4 groups under my control. 1,2,3,4. I'm in 1. Whenever I purchase a unit it automatically enters my group. How do I make it go to one of the other companies?

2. What does respawn mean? Why would I want to send money and to whom? Why does "set type" do nothing?

3. Where did my gun go? It was several minutes into creating my base and army when I realized my gun was gone. Where is it? I see that I can purchase an M16, but I don't have the option of having one with an attached grenade launcher and a scope. Is my missing gun just a glitch?

1. Its impossible or just too complicated, they say. Never considered it to be an important thing. At least in Dogs Of War you can decice not to be the commander an in that way all build units will not come as an extension for Razor Team.

2. No idea.

3. In Badlands we also lost original weapons for 2 reasons:

When entering "Buy Weapons" menu and buying nothing you lose your weapons. Consider it as a bug.

When holding some postion (if I remember correctly it was a gunner position) inside a vehicle (for example BRDM-2) and savegaming, next time you load you have AK-47 of whatever even though you had US-army weapon before. Consider it as a bug too.

I have found that I can select units then under communication there is a command that says "send unit". But when I select it the sub-menu is totally empty. Another glitch or what?

I have found that I can select units then under communication there is a command that says "send unit". But when I select it the sub-menu is totally empty. Another glitch or what?

The unit you must be ready for your command, but i can really sure, you using another app for this step..????