Sign in to follow this  
ARMALOVER22

Plz help me with my Arma 2

Alright, its been 3 days since i've purchased Arma 2 and i been trying to figure this thing out with my brothers new desktop.

the specs:

Aspire Acer AX1300

Windows Vista

AMD Athlon x2 7450 Dual core processor

3GB ddr2

320gb memory

Nvidia geforce 8200 integrated

i understand it is not that great but from reading the minimum pc specifications it is good enough but the question is How good???

i can load the game up just fine no problems but the graphics and everything all together is just lagging, cant even get a good game going when i turn everything to very low and low and disable like mostly everthing, turn the resolution down and the 3d all the way down to 50% and it just wont get better like the fps is like at 1.

Plz help a brother out somebody i really love this game and i cant wait to buy my own computer but thats not for another 1 to 2 months so ANYBODY plzzz??? :confused::confused::confused:

Nvidia geforce 8200 integrated

Unfortunately, that's way below minimum spec. And if it's integrated, then...

You won't be able to run it acceptably with that card, or perhaps even at all.

not sure about your AMD processor but your integrated nVidia is the bottleneck, get a graphic card with 1GB if you decided to go ATI as many users are having a problem with 512MB ati cards, not sure about nVidia cards, if you got the money may as well wait for ATI 5000 series or GT300 series.

hey thanks for the replies very much appreciated...

My processor is good enough right? i mean its 2.40 ghz so it should be but my graphics card isnt and one more question if i was to get a nvidia geforce 9800gt 1gb pci express would it run alot better?

It would definitely run a lot better. Your processor is a little slow still but you should get at least 20 fps on normal settings with a 9800gt and your current processor. There's a good chance it'll be higher but I've never tested with that processor so I can't say for sure.

The 8200 supports GeForce Boost which is a hybrid SLI configuration . Buy a compatible PCI-E card and SLI it with your onboard 8200. Worth investigating, maybe.

hey thanks for the replies very much appreciated...

My processor is good enough right? i mean its 2.40 ghz so it should be but my graphics card isnt and one more question if i was to get a nvidia geforce 9800gt 1gb pci express would it run alot better?

before you buy any thing, check with Acer "unless someone here can shed some light on this" you have low profile PCI express 2.0 x16, not too sure what the low profile means, also check the card recommendation for power supply, i don't think the 220W provided with your machine will be sufficient enough for a PCI card. Don't bother with installing two cards "SLI" hence your system specification:

One PCI Express® 2.0 x1

One low-profile PCI Express® 2.0 x16

Regards,

Low profile refers to the case being a mini-case/HTPC/Shuttle type case. It means that any PCIe cards installed have to be low profile (about half the height of a normal PCIe card)

alright sounds like im gunna head to bestbuy and try and find a good low profile graphics card for my computer. and yes bull dogs right my aspire is a mini case.

And if i get one for instance, will it be pretty easy to install like do i gotta open up my brothers desktop and and take the old one out and put the new one in? will it be difficult or just plug right in there?

one more question...

i usually been playing on consoles all my life and i really love this game its as realistic as any military game can get and im 100% sure of this... but i dont know that much about computers till like 5 days ago about all the processors and graphics cards and all that stuff but i know how to do install stuff if thers directions and information on HOW TO but honestly do you guys think i should just get my own desktop? if yes then i wanna get a dell desktop with the core i7 920 processor with a custom graphics card like the nvidia 9800gt bc its about 130 bucks but if you guys know anything better for less then 700 bucks then please fell free to quote on this

Thanks, yall be alot of help...

For a new card, I'd suggest going for something a bit better than the 9800GT, something like the ATi 4870.

As for installing it, there's some guides you could search for on the net, just remember that after you install the new card you won't actually remove the old one (it's integrated meaning it's built in to the main board), so you have to disable it in the BIOS (search your motherboard manual for how to do that)