Sign in to follow this  
H3NRY

windows 7 and visitor, incompatable??

allright, so i was trying to follow the tutorial that is stickied and every time i get to the stage where it is importing the sat images and all that it crashes, i am not sure if it is actually crashing or if it is just not responding like it should when loading everything.

anyone having the same issue?

im confuzzled

windows 7 x64

6GB ram

320GB HDD (so space isnt an issue XD)

nvidia 9400GT

oh, just realised the other section "tools troubleshooting" if you want, move it :)

What do you mean exactly with "actually crashing or if it is just not responding like it should when loading everything".

That the software will not response for certain minutes is normal when Visitor generates the tiles. It depends on your hardware/terrainsize how fast the conversion process takes. So did you always manualy shut down the process or did you wait at least 5 minutes till the import finished? Im too on win7 btw.

Edited by Atsche

i was trying it for the first time and every time it crashed so i never got to get passed that stage, meaning the program was never shut down before it crashed.

are you on 7 x64?

and what i meant was exactly what you said, it does not respond to user action when it is doing its conversion.

( i am on XP right now [32 bit] and i am testing if it will all run here. never realized how utterly slow XP is, now that i have been using 7 for a few months i just cant use xp.... its too slow lol Microsoft made a good wove with 7)

ok well..... i found out that it was a naming problem, things did not like my folder structure even tho it was basically the same as in the tut haha whatever, named it all the exact same ( i was using H3.um as the folder name) and it works... that was a ridiculous thing for it to be picky about... but eh, whatever... not as bad as making maps for quake 3 arena haha

Edited by H3NRY