Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

http://mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/EquipmentAndLogistics/ModAnnouncesChangeOfJointStrikerFighterJet.htm

Rock, now it's official. It's now in the MoD webpage. UK returns to STOVL fighters.

Its Ok I know mate. We've been talking about it most of the day. I think its freaking disgusting! I have a friend that works worked for the Carrier Alliance in Bristol. He heard the news on the TV last night and went into work today and was 'let go'. Two weeks before they were all told it was just the press stirring up trouble and their jobs were safe. Now, well I don't think this is the proper venue. :mad:

The government says its going to cost £100 million. That's utter BS. I'm told they already spent £210 million on the design work and tooling. And spent a further £130 Million on materials that are not required for the STOVL decks. It knocks me sick it really does. Not to mention the capability gap. The B is only marginally better than the Harrier GR9. Why Labour didn't just go with the C in the first place i dont know.

Don't bother. Armaverse is big enough to have F-35 Bs and F-35 Cs with UK roundels (As long as they are made by you, because they will be Real HQ addons)

Well I've got most of the B done anyway. I had tried to "give it away" but only one person wanted it :confused:

rksl-f35b-freetoagoodhome_th.jpg

Both will get finished. I've come too far with the C not to.

On top of that it costs loss to modify the computer model to have both version of the UK carrier :p

Nice bottom!

I'm still at a loss to explain anything regarding the CVF, even the class name broadcasts that we are a bit stupid. Parts of the French design not being an option is interesting though, you would have thought you could get a draftsman to do a bit of a cheeky copy & paste job on that one. It is a bit odd to sign the Defence and Security Co-operation Treaty and then build a carrier that only we can use.

Lol looks pretty good so far rock... good luck as always.

WIP Wednesdays

Week 23 WIP Wednesday - Talking Tyffs Part2< NEW

This week a Cockpit video showing the new MFDs working away with a multilayer parallax enabled HUD (sounds impressive put like that doesn't it). The main down side is that you have to put up with Rock droning on about it all. The plan was to have a second video showing the weapons modes on the HUD, explain the symbology and how to use it effectively. "The plans of mice and men don't amount to a hill of beans in this here town". (How badly can you maul famous quotes and still get away with it.)

EFA-part2_banner.jpg

Week 22 WIP Wednesday - Triffids, FSM, Pandas and the Website. - Website news and not much else. < NEW

Week 21 WIP Wednesday - Carrier Country - UK Mod - All change. C to B and CVFs.

Week 20 WIP Wednesday - Class MFD, Blood, and Close Protection duty.

Week 19 WIP Wednesday - UAVs, a Gorilla, a box and a Wet Tesco bag.

Week 18 WIP Wednesday - CBF Shipbuilding and its role

Week 17 WIP Wednesday - He's not THE Messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Week 16 WIP Wednesday - Projects that time forgot

Week 15 WIP Wednesday - Typhoon update click here.

Week 14 WIP Wednesday - Modeling and the F-35C.

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Challenger 2.

Wow, so this means the MFDs work, or they just display data?

As an avid flight simmer, I think I'll like this.

Wow, so this means the MFDs work, or they just display data?

As an avid flight simmer, I think I'll like this.

No they dont "work" in that you can switch modes etc. Its more of an upgrade over the old cartoon-like ones in the public beta version. It just looks a bit more realistic and displays more useful info. And the cockpit is far less static now. When you switch weapons displays change etc. Hopefully its all a bit more practical.

I'm amazed you haven't been driven insane by the MoD's switch from F-35B to F-35C then back again. Keep up the great work.

I'm amazed you haven't been driven insane by the MoD's switch from F-35B to F-35C then back again. Keep up the great work.

Who says I haven't!!? What a stupid debacle this was/is/forever shall be. But Im not going there again this week.

Thanks for all the comments both here on various forums guys. We appreciate the support.

For those who are wondering, WIP is delayed till today at some point. Poor Rock's a little busy. Saying that, perhaps I should be writing more of these to take some of the load off :rolleyes:

WIP Wednesdays

Week 24 WIP Wednesday - Talking Tyffs Part3 - Plugins< NEW

So, "WIP wednesday" turned into "Tardy Thursday" and now its nearly "F@#& it Friday".

Without further ado, may I present "Talking Typhs Part 3 - Plugins".

Right from the very start I had thought about making various national versions/reskins etc. It is inevitable someone would want a German version or a Spanish etc. BIS gave us the ability to do this via config replacements and hidden selections. Something together we've taken to calling a plugin.

The idea is pretty simple really. We have the core PBO file. this contains all the models, scripts, sounds etc and a base config. We then have national PBOs. Each containing that specific countries skins and config etc.

typhoon_plugin_diag1.jpg

Week 23 WIP Wednesday - Talking Tyffs Part2 - Cockpit Video and Voice over

Week 22 WIP Wednesday - Triffids, FSM, Pandas and the Website. - Website news and not much else.

Week 21 WIP Wednesday - Carrier Country - UK Mod - All change. C to B and CVFs.

Week 20 WIP Wednesday - Class MFD, Blood, and Close Protection duty.

Week 19 WIP Wednesday - UAVs, a Gorilla, a box and a Wet Tesco bag.

Week 18 WIP Wednesday - CBF Shipbuilding and its role

Week 17 WIP Wednesday - He's not THE Messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Week 16 WIP Wednesday - Projects that time forgot

Week 15 WIP Wednesday - Typhoon update click here.

Week 14 WIP Wednesday - Modeling and the F-35C.

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Challenger 2.

That turret looks fab, Rock. Congrats to you and your team. Can't wait to see it unwrapped and textured. :)

So, seeing as how you're talking about A3, does this mean that you guys are gearing up for the new game and moving on?

Abs

It's mostly my own ramblings about A3 at this stage, not RKSL as a whole, as I don't own AO, only A2 and this laptop is fairly incapable of running ArmA for protracted periods of time, so instead of buying AO and all the DLCs at this late stage, it seemed more prudent for me to wait on A3, build a new desktop for the occasion and have a series of modeled and textured vehicles to experiment with and try and get in game.

That being said, if A3 is pushed back further, and steam have a sale again (unlikely with the current DayZ CrayZ...) I may be persuaded into grabbing the additional stuff and getting the stuff I'm working on into A2 as well as A3. Let's see.

So, seeing as how you're talking about A3, does this mean that you guys are gearing up for the new game and moving on?

Well its a tough one. I have plans to continue with ArmA2 until the release of ArmA3 with some addons. Typhoon, F-35C, some statics and a few other projects that are so close as to be probable releases.

But nearly all the new stuff will have to be for ArmA3, purely because of timescales. I believe ArmA3's release is now 2013 (I think i heard it mentioned in an E3 video) so that does give us plenty of time to ramp up and get quite a lot of the ground work done.

Thats looking sexy!

Good to see another person using only O² for modelling :P

I think the real question we need answered is...

...where will the lilt can go?

I think the real question we need answered is...

...where will the lilt can go?

already modeled and hidden inside ;) (even though that was strictly a land rover thing in a nod to deliltmon who first made them)

It's the totally tropical taste, you know.

I didnt see that Tornado on the WIP updates Rock, is that one on the back burner atm?

I didnt see that Tornado on the WIP updates Rock, is that one on the back burner atm?

Hell no, but its taking time to get it right. And all the modding stuff is taking a back seat to real life and work right now.