Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

......Must resist ...... Hand.... HooOOooOOOLD!!! Looks awesome Rock.... Glad to see new stuff as always!

Great work so far rock! :D

Is that thing going to be a backpack item? And is there going to be some sort of controlling laptop that goes in the item slot?

Looks good Rock.

Also, happy birthday Dan! Hope you're well

Is that thing going to be a backpack item?

Seems a little doubtful to me, seeing as the RQ-7 has an 11-foot wingspan and weighs as much as a two grown men (or one very fat one) at its gross weight. :D I guess it's bigger than the screenies make it look.

Looks good Rock.

Also, happy birthday Dan! Hope you're well

Seems a little doubtful to me, seeing as the RQ-7 has an 11-foot wingspan and weighs as much as a two grown men (or one very fat one) at its gross weight. :D I guess it's bigger than the screenies make it look.

You've got mail.

Never seen the RQ before, is it British issued or are you still diversifying away from all things blighty Rock?

Great work so far rock! :D

Is that thing going to be a backpack item? And is there going to be some sort of controlling laptop that goes in the item slot?

As Da12thmonkey says, its a tad too large for backpacking. There is a custom GCS (Ground Control Station) object though.

The plan is for a two phases release...

1. BIS UAV system in the 'near future' (If Santa helps)
  2. RKSL UAV system (When its ready...)

The "BIS" release is pretty straight forward. It just uses the existing BIS UAV module. Its not perfect but it works

Never seen the RQ before, is it British issued or are you still diversifying away from all things blighty Rock?

I'm keeping the Brit Kit under wraps for the mo. This is really meant for IAP etc but I also wanted/needed some different models for each faction when we release the new UAV system UNN is developing. And it only takes a few days to make a UAV as opposed to a month or two for a fully fledged plane or helicopter.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Never mind about the backpack then... lol

It looked a lot smaller and I'm not familiar with the RQ-7. :p

rock can you please do a version with 4500lb laser guided bunker busters for the upcoming war with iran? or maybee an Israeli version with super sexy delilah missiles?

JUST KIDDING!!!

Looks wonderful mate. Keep up the good work.

rock can you please do a version with 4500lb laser guided bunker busters for the upcoming war with iran? or maybee an Israeli version with super sexy delilah missiles?...

What, do you mean like the ones i've already made for you? ;)

Or are you getting confused with the Popeye again... :butbut:

Good work RKSL Team!

MfG Lee *missing the cargo system soooo much!*

+10000000000000000000000

Something like the RKSL Cargo system would be AWESOME for the Progetto Flotta. Now I have to rely on "attachto" and model proxies who are a PITA and make the model very heavy on the engine in terms of performance.

Rock, I would like to see a F-35C with RN Roundels soon!!!

+10000000000000000000000

Something like the RKSL Cargo system would be AWESOME for the Progetto Flotta. Now I have to rely on "attachto" and model proxies who are a PITA and make the model very heavy on the engine in terms of performance.

To be honest for detailing ships proxies and attachto is a far better solution.

Rock, I would like to see a F-35C with RN Roundels soon!!!

Its coming...

Is the cargo system manual still available anywhere?

http://www.rkslstudios.info/documentation/30-instructions/100-rksl-cargo-system-v10-beta.html

... is down.

Just tried to drop the cargo & RKSL system addon in my Arma2OA modfolder and it looks like a bit is working.

I was able to load some fuel barrels into a crate, then lift that crate with a helicopter (with fantastic rav lifter addon), fly to another island, drop the crate, land und unload the fuel barrels. :yay:

But it's so long ago since I had so much fun with the cargo addon, I can't remember all the features and how to enable them.

Please help.

MfG Lee :biggrin_o:

Its coming...

All this talk of new RKSL stuff is very exciting! Great to hear of good progress and keep up the good work! :D

Is the cargo system manual still available anywhere?

http://www.rkslstudios.info/documentation/30-instructions/100-rksl-cargo-system-v10-beta.html

... is down.

Just tried to drop the cargo & RKSL system addon in my Arma2OA modfolder and it looks like a bit is working.

I was able to load some fuel barrels into a crate, then lift that crate with a helicopter (with fantastic rav lifter addon), fly to another island, drop the crate, land und unload the fuel barrels. :yay:

But it's so long ago since I had so much fun with the cargo addon, I can't remember all the features and how to enable them.

Please help.

MfG Lee :biggrin_o:

PDF of the doc - http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/RKSL/ARMA1/docs/Cargo_System_Documentation.pdf

Rock, what are the chances of a tornado for Christmas?

:)

About the same as conglomerations of frozen ice crystals which fall through the Earth's atmosphere sustaining their crystaline matrix in the abode of condemned souls and devils. :o

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

i must have had Christmas in July!!!

You get christmas every day recently... How many custom made models have you been getting recently? You are the reason these lovely people arent getting a Tonka in thier stockings

...well you are atleast a contributing factor. :D

Ok i should say its my intention to release a few things this Christmas but so far real life is seriously conspiring against me.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Depends on your definition of the abode of condemned souls and devils. :p

Thanks anyway Rock

The intention is what counts (does it make sense in English?)

Even if you can't release anything, a new pic or an explanation of one of your WIPs would be wonderful.

RKSL addons have always been (more than) top quality and I prefer a good addon than a thousand of low quality.

Happy Xmas!!!!

Keep up the great work. "When it's done" is all anybody can expect out of somebody who makes such high-quality addons.

Seriously, if we see further updates of that F/A-18E and F/A-18F addon, the F-14D VectorX96 started working on, and your F-35C, the ArmA2 community would be in naval aviation heaven. Plus we have a proper Nimitz class carrier to put them on.