Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Scrolling map displays were done in OFP without RTT and that, but I dunno how feasible they are now with the 'unique' demands of ArmA 2. IIRC it was something that Rastavovich developed back in the day for DKMM.

Roger. I'll keep an eye open for that.

Yes i thought of that solution but it would be a very clunky, since you need to have a pic of the map pre-loaded in the addon. It wasnt very flexible either. Zoom was possible but complicated things massively.

I'm pretty sure its not practical in todays environment, but i will re-visit it and see what we can do.

I do have some ideas but i need to run them by UNN to see if they are at all practical. The optimal solution is RTT. Which ever solution we end up with there is going to have to be a compromise along the way. :mad:

Scrolling map display? Which of their aircraft had that? I've only seen ones with a horizontal and vertical crosshair to indicate map position on DKM aircraft.

Their Mi28 spings to mind, but it was the system you are thinking of. Perhaps, "scrolling" isnt exactly the right description but it did swap map panels in zoomed mode.

IIRC it was by a team called BAS and they done it with their Blackhawks...

I think they used the DKM scripts but I'd have to check with DM to be sure.

Looking fantastic Rock.

That's flight sim level.

Thank you, You should have seen the one i made for flightsim. On second thoughts, maybe not. ;) The external model was badly flawed but the cockpit was nice. Im not sure its still publically available anymore. It was released in 2001/02 and would look horribly dated compared to a lot of the FSX standards now. I know the flight model sucked though. :o

Edited by RKSL-Rock
shameful grammar and typos

Scrolling map display? Which of their aircraft had that? I've only seen ones with a horizontal and vertical crosshair to indicate map position on DKM aircraft.

Aye, you're right - my memory of the addon is a bit hazy. It was 8 years ago after all; so don't be too hard on me :D.

You went so far back to read that, but didn't read the replies after it?

He says It 'Would be nice if you Actually Release this one..'

with capitals that spell the word WAR...

Subsquently he has announced his own WIP...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124013

Not meaning to take it OFT like...

I dont think there was any malice in Wings comment, just a cyncical dry humour :-D

Exactly! :)

Exactly! :)

Well it was interpreted as an insult by more than a few people.

Might be better to think harder about how you post ;)

People have no sense of humour around here! I thought it was funny! :D

Maybe when you come under constant abuse and attack on here you'll see it all differently. :eek:

I still don't understand the philosophy behind verbally abusing the people who spend days, weeks, months, and as in the case of PRACS, literally years away form other activities and being with loved ones to share thier passion of modding with the community for FREE.

Maybee the community would prefer all modders quit and then they would be forced to get all thier extra content by paying for under developed and not so thought out DLCs from BIS? just a thought....

Has anyone aver gotten anything by literally saying

"hey douchebag.... give me that".?

nope. the Nazis tried it and look what happened to them :bounce3:

Back on subject........

The tornado looks wonderful rock. I still use the early not even alpha version you were so kind to give me to fly around the new maps available. I think it will become the premier addon available once you complete it. Plus it will look pretty in a RACS skin :D

Has anyone aver gotten anything by literally saying

"hey douchebag.... give me that".?

nope. the Nazis tried it and look what happened to them

+1

Soft words in this case are better

And I'm eager to see new toys (and your webpage up again)

Do you plan to release the bulwark and Ocean ships, Rock?

I would love an Arma 2 iteration of the RKSL Cargo System.

I'm afraid we're up against the instant gratification generation.

And I'm eager to see new toys (and your webpage up again)

Do you plan to release the bulwark and Ocean ships, Rock?

I would love an Arma 2 iteration of the RKSL Cargo System.

Im extremely keen to see the website go live again. its been a tremendous slog. Im rather surprised by the amount of work it needs. But like everything I seem to end up doing its a pretty ambitious project. Reformatting existing information and pictures is proving incredibly time consuming.

Albion/Bulwark and Ocean, both present engine related problems. Specifically because of the multiple decks and roadways. The game engine doesn't really like what we're trying to do. Shoving the player and AI either outside or underwater with getin/out events etc. The boat dock on the Albion/Bulwark is a major issue. But they will make an appearance at some point. Just no promises on dates (as usual)

Cargo System and ArmA2 - I've explained this issue a few times in the past. It probably wont ever happen. Of that I'm 99% sure. As with any scripted system its UNN's baby and he really doesnt have the time for it. And as he says on page 127 of this thread: "With ArmA3 and PhysX coming cargo systems may be a thing of the past." I seriously doubt we'll revist it.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Rock, was that cannon in your sig for an AH-1something?:eek:

Rock, was that cannon in your sig for an AH-1something?:eek:

That's Pakistan AH-1S as he said - some special version for export

Edited by RobertHammer

Been following thread for a while and womdering What's the news on your ongoing projects? Hows the Tornado coming along can't wait to see it in game, great to see more british stuff tbh. Great work!!

Been following thread for a while and womdering What's the news on your ongoing projects? Hows the Tornado coming along can't wait to see it in game, great to see more british stuff tbh. Great work!!

Everything is ongoing :D

Its slow going but it is most definately going.

The website - well as the SPAFF lads will testify my net connection is politely described as "flaky" at best. My ADSL drops everytime it rains for more than 5-10 mins. (Im currently at war with BT getting them to replace all the cable drops between my house and phone pole - there are 3. So far they've only done 1) So it makes working on the website and staying online rather difficult. ;)

The Typhoon 1.4 - Well its more like 1.52 atm. Over 100 changes and still counting. There is a major rework of the cockpit HUD/Displays and functions. I've improved some of the scripting, models, mapping and reworked the proxy handling. Its been a long slog given I have a number of exciting distractions but it will be released soon

The Tornado GR4 - Honestly its proving very difficult to do the more tedious bits of the cockpit but its currently getting about 8-10 hours a week. So there is progress. Im having some problems with the latest spec of loadouts but that a config/technical issue not a job stopper.

The F-16C - Slow progress on this to be honest. Its got the US tail. I'm reworking the gun port and reworking the UV map next week to make it easier to retexture. But I've got some other real life stuff to finish first.

The UAVs - Still rolling slowly along. Some new airframes too. Pics etc in the not too distant future.

Other stuff - As always there is other stuff. IAP is gathering speed. There are lots of things going on. Details of which once the website goes live.

Great to see so many projects on going, I cant imagine how much work goes into Addons of this quality, thanks for the update and keep up the good work! Also probs an obvious question but what does IAP stand for? :D

Edited by Wolfhounds

... Also probs an obvious question but what does IAP stand for? :D

Its a new MOD we're looking at making. Its the project/mod formerly know as "Ilhas Africanos Project."

There is a brief overview here.

yeah should have seen that... sounds like a great idea, good luck with it and all your other projects!

Slow progress is good, means you've got a keen eye for detail which shows in your other released mods.

For one day only, Signature does not apply \o/

Nice to see you still plodding along Rock, work looks spot on as ever.

Nice to see you still plodding along Rock, work looks spot on as ever.

Cheers.

PS Happy Birthday mate.

Cheers.

PS Happy Birthday mate.

Trying to pretend it isn't, keeping myself young by exploring my forum past.

Trying to pretend it isn't, keeping myself young by exploring my forum past.

Be grateful I'm 12 years older than you! :mad:

Ok to get this back on track a bit...

Something coming soon

rq7-shadow200-wip.jpg