Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

hi Rock

any info on the classnames for the new missilebox?

Am particularly interested in the new Opfor weapons you're using.

the plane looks absolutely awesome. i imagine you've spent untold hours coaxing AI to leave the hangar...

In this incarnation there will only be the basic sets in the 1.6 set. OPFOR weapons include:

• FAB-500 m62 1000lb Bomb
  • KAB500KR 500kg LGB
  • R60 (AA-8 Aphid)
  • R77 (AA-12 Adder)
  • R-27R Vympel (AA-10 Alamo A)
  • R-27T Vympel (AA-10 Alamo B)
  • KH-29T (AS-14 KEDGE)
  • KH-29L (AS-14 KEDGE)
  • B8 Rocket Pod
  • KH-25ML (AS-10 KAREN)
  • KH-25MP (AS-10 KAREN)

All the class names will be available in the online documentation on the website. But Ill PM you an advance list later if you are desperate.

According to the news the Foxhound looks a bit too sandy-yellowish it should be moar dirty-tan-brown.... http://www.armyrecognition.com/may_2013_news_defence_army_military_industry_uk/british_army_vehicles_will_be_painted_with_new_colour_camouflage_of_tan_brown_1505131.html I wouldn't mind to see a pimped cool'bro black one with "tuned by RKSL" j/k ;) :tongue:

According to the news the Foxhound looks a bit too sandy-yellowish it should be moar dirty-tan-brown.... http://www.armyrecognition.com/may_2013_news_defence_army_military_industry_uk/british_army_vehicles_will_be_painted_with_new_colour_camouflage_of_tan_brown_1505131.html I wouldn't mind to see a pimped cool'bro black one with "tuned by RKSL" j/k ;) :tongue:

It looks fine to me.

7414982498_29c7c42513.jpg

Not seen this new 'brown paint' yet, so until then we'll be sticking with the current dark yellow/tan.

If that's the 'brown' they're talking about, it's been around for a fair while - that photo of the foxhound in the above article is a year old (DVD) and it's the colour we're running at present. The problem is that under various lighting conditions in photos it appears to be everything from more red, yellow, brown and everything inbetween.

I was under the impression that the foxhound was painted "army brown" from the outset? The base colour certainly doesn't match the standard "dark yellow" of other kit.

I wouldn't mind to see a pimped cool'bro black one with "tuned by RKSL" j/k ;) :tongue:

Spoilers and spiny wheels? :P "Look at mah 22s!"

I was under the impression that the foxhound was painted "army brown" from the outset? The base colour certainly doesn't match the standard "dark yellow" of other kit.

it all looks the same to me these days

looks stunning to me, be nice to use it ingame although an rksl pimped version gets a plus 1 from me as well lol

WIP Wednesdays

Week 22 - May 29th 2013 - Apologies and Guess Who #3 < NEW

k so I'm traveling again. More precisely I haven't stopped traveling yet, at this rate I might never stop. I've made it home 9 nights out of 38 so far. Right now I'm in a Travel Lodge near Farnborough, I'm not alone either. My traveling companion this week a very hairy guy called Clive that could easily pass for Viking or maybe a Norse God if you squint at bit...

Soooo, Week 22, as mentioned I am yet again divorced from my main workstation and project drive. SO I'm cheating again this week. Another game of: "Guess Who" #3

Obviously the low poly model, Its not hugely accurate but I think its good enough to have some fun...

Week22_guess_who_3_forum.jpg[/url]

Week 21 WIP Wednesday - Its alive! ALIVE I tell you! - Website goes live...finally!

Week 20 WIP Wednesday - Its systematic, It's hydromatic... - I am so very sorry about this...Messiah loves Grease! :(

Week 19 WIP Wednesday - Whats that coming over the hill? - Monster update.

Week 18 WIP Wednesday - Serious Words and Guess Who#2 - Slightly harder but it was a JSHV.

Week 17 WIP Wednesday - Guess Who... It was a Gazelle AH1 someone guessed really quickly.

Week 16 WIP Wednesday - Lights, Power, Action... Foxhound in game!

Week 15 WIP Wednesday - Birds, Boats and Fire Extinguishers

Week 14 WIP Wednesday - Staying Inside - Foxhound Update

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Postponed

Week 12 WIP Wednesday - Headsets and Bath toys

Week 11 WIP Wednesday - It's all in the (level of) detail

Week 10 WIP Wednesday - Sorry, we're closed

Week 09 WIP Wednesday - I can see Uranus

Week 08 WIP Wednesday - Baked Barracuda

Week 07 WIP Wednesday - Who ordered Chinese?

Week 06 WIP Wednesday - Coming Soon - Part Deux

Week 05 WIP Wednesday - Coming Soon

Week 04 WIP Wednesday - Online at last... lets hope it lasts

Week 03 WIP Wednesday - PC Drama cut Rock off.

Week 02 WIP Wednesday - Foxy Lady - Rock's hangover gets the better of him

Week 01 WIP Wednesday - Whoops I forgot it was wednesday - Rock's hangover gets the better of him

Week 52 WIP Wednesday - Twas the Night after Christmas - The Que... Rock's Christmas Message

Edited by RKSL-Rock
Updated the links to the new website.

Looks like a BAE HAWK left landing gear, im sure is a the landing gear of advanced trainer

Nice website Rock, good to see it back :)

Loving the new website :D

Looks like a BAE HAWK left landing gear, im sure is a the landing gear of advanced trainer

Not actually 100% correct. Its really the right main landing gear but close enough :)

hawk_lower.jpg

Click the pic for more renders and the full story.

Nice website Rock, good to see it back smile.png
Loving the new website biggrin.png

Thanks gents. Its not finished yet but it at least public at last :)

WIP Wednesdays

Week 23 - June 7th 2013 - Take a Seat < NEW

So another late one. Jet lag is a full on b!@%ch. I was so tired I walked off the plane and nearly all the way up the jetway still hugging the little pillow they give you sleep with. A rather lovely stewardess had to chase after me and retrieve it. Then a 2 hour schlep through customs, tube journey and another 3 hour train ride home and just as I walk through the door I get turned around and have to go back out again. I think its understandable that nothing much got done after that. I slept 21 hours straight. Well there might have been a few pee breaks...

OK so you want updates. Well this week covers so many active and possible projects that its possibly just too much to take in. The pic kinda gives this one away but Its an ejection seat...

wk23_article.jpg

Week 22 WIP Wednesday - Apologies and Guess Who #3

Week 21 WIP Wednesday - Its alive! ALIVE I tell you! - Website goes live...finally!

Week 20 WIP Wednesday - Its systematic, It's hydromatic... - I am so very sorry about this...Messiah loves Grease! :(

Week 18 WIP Wednesday - Serious Words and Guess Who#2 - Slightly harder but it was a JSHV.

Week 17 WIP Wednesday - Guess Who... It was a Gazelle AH1 someone guessed really quickly.

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Postponed <br /> Week 12 WIP Wednesday - Headsets and Bath toys

Week 01 WIP Wednesday - Whoops I forgot it was wednesday - Rock's hangover gets the better of him

Week 52 WIP Wednesday - Twas the Night after Christmas - The Que... Rock's Christmas Message

WIP Wednesdays

Week 24 - June 12th 2013 - Roll Up! Oh its a Rollup.. < NEW

Some updates just aren't all that visual.

Its been a rather odd week lots of travel, work, socks, unwrapping and textures but not really much I can really show you. Well nothing that interesting anyway. So this week its a quick run down-round up.

Before I go much further I need to say that the Typhoon WILL be released at the end of the month to coincide/support UK Armed Forces Day so sit tight and shut up about it :cool:

Onwards and upwards...

wk24_article.jpg

Week 23 WIP Wednesday - Take a Seat

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Postponed <br /> Week 12 WIP Wednesday - Headsets and Bath toys

WIP Wednesdays

Week 26 - June 27th 2013 - Start Counting Kids < NEW

Saturday the 29th of June is UK Armed Forces Day

It seemed appropriate that since we benefit so much from the contributions of our (all of us are British subjects) Armed Forces that we help raise awareness and celebrate the work they do in our name.

To that end on Saturday the 29th at 15:00 BST we will be releasing not one! But two addons.

1 - Typhoon FGR4 v2.6

2 - Foxhound LPPV by Messiah

If you are a regular visitor to the RKSL Website or BI Forum thread you'll know quite a lot about both the Typhoon and the Foxhound. Well the time has come to release them into the wild!

wk26_article.jpg

Week 25 WIP Wednesday - Shhh... dont wake Rock up!

Week 24 WIP Wednesday - Roll Up! Oh its a Rollup..

Week 23 WIP Wednesday - Take a Seat

Looking forward to the release Rock!

Been checking out your new forums as well looks awesome :)

Great news Rock, im looking forward to the release of the Typhoon. I can't wait to create myself a Nogovan Airforce Skin for it :)

How compatible these new RKSL addons will be to old (A2) RKSL addons? Better to make "@RKSL_GRUMPYANDOLD" and "@RKSL_THISISSOOOMUCHBETTER" folders? ;) :D

I'm a little bit disorganized again this week. As usual last minute real life issue popped up and time got away from me. I'm sat in my friend's living room nursing a mild hang over and writing the release pages for the Typh and Foxhound right now.

Great news Rock, im looking forward to the release of the Typhoon. I can't wait to create myself a Nogovan Airforce Skin for it :)

Unfortunately I havent had time to finish the tutorial or the texture template in time for today's release. Its going to be wednesday for the Plugin Pack. So I apologise for that all my fault. I've even discovered that i uploaded some of the old plugins by mistake so there will have to be a maintenance update on Wednesday too!

How compatible these new RKSL addons will be to old (A2) RKSL addons? Better to make "@RKSL_GRUMPYANDOLD" and "@RKSL_THISISSOOOMUCHBETTER" folders? ;) :D

OK well, err... as i mentioned in the

the new Flares system will "break" the old ones. So until I can get the Lynx, Puma and Merlin uploaded you might want to keep this in a separate mod folder.

I should have the Helos updated and uploaded by next Saturday at least that is the plan. But we all know what happens with plans don't we boys and girls :)

The Typhoon-ALL-IN-ONE package that will escape at 1500 today (There is a countdown on the RKSL site for those not in the UK timezone) includes everything you need to use it. Air Weapons flares etc. I am planning to just package up every RKSL addon and upload them as a RKSL-Mod-All-In-One once everything is updated.

Has the typhoon been released yet? Ive got the foxhound but cant find the typhoon :-D