Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Rock has PC issues at the moment, so I'm at the helm to fill in on the start of 2013

WIP Wednesdays

Week 2 - January 9th 2013 - Foxy Lady < NEW

"So, with Rock forgetting it was Wednesday last... err... Wednesday, this week it's back to myself, and the Foxhound. Texturing work has been going steady, with a large swathe of the diffuse now completed, and really all that is remaining is the TES/ECM gear, and then a few areas under the wheels arches and the odd nut, bolt, and tow bar - all being well, I hope to have this stage of the addon completed by the weekend..."

foxy_lady_1.jpg]

And with the new year, a new week list:

Week 01 WIP Wednesday - Whoops I forgot it was wednesday - Rock's hangover gets the better of him

Week 52 WIP Wednesday - Twas the Night after Christmas - The Que... Rock's Christmas Message

Edited by Messiah

WIP Wednesdays

Week 5 - January 31th 2013 - Coming Soon < NEW

This WIP report should have gone out last night... This week has been one for tears of joy and the end of frustration (for the moment at least). I've finally managed to knock over the largest obstacle for releasing the updated Typhoon. The proxy doubling bug plaguing some of the community made aircraft. If you really want to know more look here. If not read on... I was nearly ready but I thought i'd just do one more little job. Which of course led on to just fixing that other niggly little thing... which predictably broke something else and before i knew it it was 2am.

wk5-13-06.jpg

Week 04 WIP Wednesday - Online at last... lets hope it lasts.

Week 03 WIP Wednesday - PC Drama cut Rock off.

Week 02 WIP Wednesday - Foxy Lady - Foxhound update

Week 01 WIP Wednesday - Whoops I forgot it was wednesday - Rock's hangover gets the better of him

Week 52 WIP Wednesday - Twas the Night after Christmas - The Que... Rock's Christmas Message

Looking good as always Rock, cannot wait for more releases!! Especially those elusive Typhoons. :D

WIP Wednesdays

Week 6 - February 6th 2013 - Coming Soon - Part Deux < NEW

More Typhoon news this week. We're pushing on with the fixes and some final polish. Da12thMonkey has been kicking my arse and finding bugs for me to fix all this last week as well as churning out even more plugins!

Ok so these aren't exactly true to real life but Da12th has obviously had some spare time on his hands (I will be fixing that in the near future too :twisted: ) since hes managed to produce over a dozen or so "fantasy" skins for us to play with...

wk6-03.jpg

Week 05 WIP Wednesday - Coming Soon

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Irish Air Corps typhoon skin...interesting...:D

Desert pink, my sex wee glazes many things.

I'm interested to see the Phoon in Arma3's universe, the thing looks both antique-cold war and 21st century futurism at the same time.

Well done chaps.

Irish Air Corps typhoon skin...interesting...:D

personally i prefer the RACS plugin skins :yay:

This is getting out of control!

Is EVERYONE buying this aeroplane?

Sure why not buy some new fighter jets with that billion we saved by making sure I'll be paying of country's debt till I'm round 50 ;)

Is EVERYONE buying this aeroplane?

Hah! I wondered what Rock's model would look like in Red Arrows colours and got a bit addicted after that... :D I've found I jump into photoshop for a little tinker with the Typhoon skins whenever I'm sick to the back teeth of work, or modelling in O2 or Maya.

We're still not sure what to do with most of them to be honest. They will all be available to download one way or another, but it may just be the texture files that people can apply themselves using setobjectexture, rather than a proper 'plugin' .pbo with a custom config and loadouts which is what we have for each of the real Typhoon operators (UK, Germany, Spain etc.). 'Official' plugins may appear for some of the more popular fantasy schemes though.

What I'm mostly hoping for though is that they will inspire people to use the texture templates that Rock is putting together, to have a go at making their own skins and plugins for the Typhoon, whether that be for their own nation, they ArmA squad or just because they like pretty colours. :o

Good to see there's an update coming for the EF.

Also great work on all those liveries. Here's one I've found on the net: http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/aircraft/fantasy_1/F042_Typhoon_Pakistan_17Sqn.jpg

Aye I've seen Clave's stuff before; big fan of the Sci-Fi and racing team profiles he does. The RCAF and RNZAF profiles he did provided some inspiration for those schemes I made for the RKSL Typhoon, but obviously I put my own twist on them.

WIP Wednesdays

Week 7 - February 14th 2013 - Who ordered Chinese? < NEW

Ok so have you ever heard one of your friends tell a story about their day that just had a series of almost unbelievable series of events as an excuse for being late?

Get comfortable and listen up.

So yesterday I got roped in to helping pick up a 12ft x 6ft (3.65m x 1.85m) Slate bed snooker table by my Step-Father. My Mum and he, have a house in western France and its their dream to retire there. And part of hit dream at least includes this snooker table (Its a big house). So he bought it on Ebay from a Conservative Club in a town about 30miles from where he lives.

The snag is we had to pick it up within a 3 hour window on Wednesday and we had to load it ourselves...

...Oh and yeah there is a "Chinese" at the end of this story too

J-10_R0004.jpg

Week 06 WIP Wednesday - Coming Soon - Part Deux

WIP Wednesdays

Week 7 - February 14th 2013 - Baked Barracuda < NEW

Messiah's Foxhound is getting some "baked love" this week.

Messiah has handed over his pride and joy to me so I can bake it some blankets...Infra Red suppressing camouflage blankets to be precise. They are supposed to reduce the IR signature of a vehicle significantly. I cant really comment about how well they work in the real world but i can tell you they are a pain in the arse to draw. Especially when it comes to creating normal maps.

wk8_001th.jpg

Week 07 WIP Wednesday - Who ordered Chinese?

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Any new love(screenies:p )for the Panther?

Yes but you'll have to wait for it. I'm saving it for another WIP wednesday once I get the Typhoon, Lynx and Puma updates out. :o

WIP Wednesdays

Week 9 - February 27th 2013 - I can see Uranus < NEW

Confused? Well this week its all about equipping the Ambassador III class missile boats. According to the published specs for the ship it has AGM-84 Harpoons. Well with this being for an ASA (OPFOR) ship I wanted to give it an alternative and more flexible capability. Which, in this case is the the GRAU 3M24 "Uran" (translates as Uranus according to Wikipedia) or Х-35У or AS-20 'Kayak'. Under NATO parlance its know the SS-N-25 'Switchblade'. How many names can this thing have?

wk_09_003.jpg

Week 08 WIP Wednesday - Baked Barracuda

Cool, the H-35. Indeed it is harpoonski, cheap, easy anti-shipping missile, well, with drawbacks, like easier to spot/track and neutralise, it inherited this from same class Harpoon, Exocet and etc... Unlike high tech/performance Moskits, Granits, etc...

WIP Wednesdays

Week 11 - February 27th 2013 - It's all in the (level of) detail < NEW

It's been a great week for the ArmA series, with an impressive Alpha release that's got a lot of us rather excited about where the title is going and the improvements being made, as well as a host of new modding abilities at our finger tips, such as the render to texture/picture in picture and the rather fantastic changes to how weapons and attachments are handles.

wk11_th.jpg

Week 10 WIP Wednesday - Sorry We're closed

Week 09 WIP Wednesday - I can see Uranus

Week 08 WIP Wednesday - Baked Barracuda

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Having just recently started playing A2 again, after a bit of a hiatus (actually, quite a big one), I'm sorry but I have to clear my conscience of this, but is your F-35 and/or Tornado (actually a few others as well, but nevermind :p) coming eventually to A2, or will you shift your focus solely to A3 for'em?

Having just recently started playing A2 again, after a bit of a hiatus (actually, quite a big one), I'm sorry but I have to clear my conscience of this, but is your F-35 and/or Tornado (actually a few others as well, but nevermind :p) coming eventually to A2, or will you shift your focus solely to A3 for'em?

Why do you have to clear your conscience? What have you done :P

Ok the F-35C will probably make an ArmA2 appearance. So will the Tornado, J-10, Ambassador III and a few other goodies... We arent jumping over to ArmA3 until its properly released. Which wont be for some time. I have plans to release quite a lot of stuff in the next few months. Some updates and some Betas that will be "improved" for use in IAP and ArmA3.

PS this week's Wip Wednesday is a bit delayed due to personal commitments. IF i don't finish it tonight it might have to wait until next week. Apologies.

Why do you have to clear your conscience? What have you done :P

(...)

Me? Oh, nothing :rolleyes:

It's just i've always liked your addons, 'cos they don't come with annoying "YOU ARE MISSING bla bla bla" errors everytime i try to use them, but mostly because they look and work great, and from what you've shown of them so far, I often had myself asking: "will they come for A2 still?" Happy to know that :)

Can't wait for what's to come.

That would be great Rock, always wanted to have a proper Tornado in my A2. :)