Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

It Would be nice if you Actually Release this one..

It would be nice to finally get pubic hair isnt it? Get your head into addonmaking before you trow up that kind of words again.

Keep up the work rock.

It would be nice to finally get pubic hair isnt it? Get your head into addonmaking before you trow up that kind of words again.

Keep up the work rock.

You went so far back to read that, but didn't read the replies after it?

He says It 'Would be nice if you Actually Release this one..'

with capitals that spell the word WAR...

Subsquently he has announced his own WIP...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124013

Not meaning to take it OFT like...

I dont think there was any malice in Wings comment, just a cyncical dry humour :-D

Just to show some progress:

tonk_cpit_303.jpg

tonk_cpit_301.jpg

tonk_cpit_305.jpg

Main changes are the HUD projector and a few more finished bits. Its now got the new TARDIS (Tornado Advanced Radar Display Information System) spec HUD box. And the rear seat now has the 12.8" MFD.

Its all coming along...slooooowly. ;)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Very very nice Rock!

maybee its a good thing the minecraft server crashed :)

When you say "slowly" you mean you've been doing more testing than actually working on it? ;)

I know how that is. I jizzed in my pants when I got my Pulse rifle in game for the first time a few days ago. Work since then has been... slow... for me as well. :p

When you say "slowly" you mean you've been doing more testing than actually working on it? ;)

I know how that is. I jizzed in my pants when I got my Pulse rifle in game for the first time a few days ago. Work since then has been... slow... for me as well. :p

Well, its all Sekra's fault. A few weeks ago i had my 39th birthday, and i was a tad depressed about it all. Sekra being the fantastic friend that he is decided to cheer me up and gave me Minecraft as a present. After that day... well lets just say i've not done too much modding work. (Nor has WLD427)

But now thanks to a fatal flaw in the 1.8.1 game I'm back to ArmA modding again (and working on the website). I've spent the last few days tidying up the Typhoon 1.4 (its closer to 1.48 now, final might have to be 1.5) and writing a few articles and documentation rather than modelling but i've been making progress in all things RKSL.

Gaaah! Now you got me interested in Minecraft...

1315111643224.png

First ArmA, now this. :D

I never did any such thing. You can't prove it. I won't admit it.

I never did any such thing. You can't prove it. I won't admit it.

This is the Internizzle: you're guilty unless you can prove you're not. :p

@pics

.................(speechless)

Minecraft sucks, shame on you Rock :p

but no, really, it is dreadful.

Go buy some lego instead :D

Edited by Bigpickle

Minecraft sucks, shame on you Rock :p

but no, really, it is dreadful.

Go buy some lego instead :D

With the HD pack its actually a very good if a bit different game. Oddly addictive for no obvious reason at all. Which after 10 years of OFP/ArmA/VBS/ArmA2/OA modding is a nice change.

Glad you got the HUD sorted mate. Should all look very impressive once it's textured, animated and scripted; particularly with that huge MFD.

I see you've added one or two new 'things' to your sig images since I last looked. ;)

Glad you got the HUD sorted mate. Should all look very impressive once it's textured, animated and scripted; particularly with that huge MFD.

I hope so. But i'm buggered if i know how to make the TARDIS MFD do anything useful without render-to-texture. :o

And it is actually all unwrapped, just not textured properly. The Check texture looks crap. The AO render shows the detail far better.

I see you've added one or two new 'things' to your sig images since I last looked. ;)

A few things are creaping out of the secret cupboard... its getting rather full in there again. ;)

Somethings could benefit from your expert eye. Ill give you a nudge once the website private sections go live. I've got a few projects i'd like some advice on.

Was that a Agusta A129 Mangusta on your sig? Or the turkish one?T-129 thats it..... Damn that cockpit looks snazzy

Was that a Agusta A129 Mangusta on your sig? Or the turkish one?T-129 thats it..... Damn that cockpit looks snazzy

Nope not a A or T-129. Something much older for IAP. Guess again :p

How you going with the Yak?

See now im wondering what the new sig is. Looks like somthing naval.

The sig is random each time it is displayed. :D

Nope not a A or T-129. Something much older for IAP. Guess again :p

How you going with the Yak?

Hmmm older? An Ah-1? Trying to think what I've seen with a 3 barrel gatling gun... Super puma gunship mod :P

Heh yeah the Yak.. I Must admit its going rather slow at the moment. I've armed it a bit and managed to get it working in game.. so far I've done very little to the model.. I've given it some weapons pylons.. Going to start working on the landing gear.... and maybe get a cockpit on it. Trying to find some simple animation tutorials. So yeah.. Its a steep learning curve I have to climb atm.. It seems I forgot everything I learned :P Hopefully when will start picking up as I'm not so busy anymore.

Hmmm older? An Ah-1? Trying to think what I've seen with a 3 barrel gatling gun... Super puma gunship mod :P.

Yes its an AH-1S. I'm trying to make the Pakistani spec version, since they are selling a few of them off and it all kind of fits with the theme/story of IAP. And some of them are "modernised" and have been 'relifed' to let them keep flying until 2020-2025.

Heh yeah the Yak.. I Must admit its going rather slow at the moment. I've armed it a bit and managed to get it working in game.. so far I've done very little to the model.. I've given it some weapons pylons.. Going to start working on the landing gear.... and maybe get a cockpit on it. Trying to find some simple animation tutorials. So yeah.. Its a steep learning curve I have to climb atm.. It seems I forgot everything I learned :P Hopefully when will start picking up as I'm not so busy anymore.

I've got a few tuts in the pipe. Once ive done the RKSL website im going back on the tuts site. I've got a special tutorial project that walks you through most of the key bits.

I've got a few tuts in the pipe. Once ive done the RKSL website im going back on the tuts site. I've got a special tutorial project that walks you through most of the key bits.

Sounds awesome..... Good luck with all your endeavours!

But i'm buggered if i know how to make the TARDIS MFD do anything useful without render-to-texture. :o

Scrolling map displays were done in OFP without RTT and that, but I dunno how feasible they are now with the 'unique' demands of ArmA 2. IIRC it was something that Rastavovich developed back in the day for DKMM.

Somethings could benefit from your expert eye. Ill give you a nudge once the website private sections go live. I've got a few projects i'd like some advice on.

Roger. I'll keep an eye open for that.

Scrolling map display? Which of their aircraft had that? I've only seen ones with a horizontal and vertical crosshair to indicate map position on DKM aircraft.

IIRC it was by a team called BAS and they done it with their Blackhawks...

Looking fantastic Rock.

That's flight sim level.

Edited by Joey_45