Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

I dont know what can you do?

Can script, problem solve, analyse mathematics up to very basic calculus, think laterally, compose, and make a bomb chocolate cheesecake. :D

Also, I had some arty simulations I wrote that I was field testing a while ago... think I trashed that, but I can assemble it as a portfolio for you guys.

-Sorry for the late reply; Thanx

Luke

...make a bomb chocolate cheesecake. :D

I, for one, would love some of this right now.

Abs

Rock, how hard is it to port things from one arma to the other, just thinking about Arma3.

how would he be able to answer if there is no A3 to find what one would have to deal with in the first place?

Rock, how hard is it to port things from one arma to the other, just thinking about Arma3.

As PuFu pointed out, there's no way he can know this. However to get a better idea, you can check out the Porting ArmA1 addons to ArmA2 thread for a better idea.

Abs

Can script, problem solve, analyse mathematics up to very basic calculus, think laterally, compose, and make a bomb chocolate cheesecake.

Also, I had some arty simulations I wrote that I was field testing a while ago... think I trashed that, but I can assemble it as a portfolio for you guys.

-Sorry for the late reply; Thanx

Luke

Let me have a chat with UNN, your skill set is more his half of the operation than mine. I'll PM in a few days.

But I'd love to try the cheesecake :)

Pufu and Abs are absolutely correct. I have no idea what would be involved. I could make several guesses but they would be just that, pure guesswork.

Small update: Tornado Cockpit

The cockpit is progressing. I have to admit I'm losing patience with it. I don't know what it is about the Tornado but everytime I try and make one - And I've made a few Tornados over the years - its always a battle between Frustration and diminishing motivation on one side and the wish to get it done properly on the other. Its just one of those fiddly jobs that I find so frustrating.

Anyway, its slow going, taking longer to produce the cockpit below than the entire external model.

tonk-cpit_wip_render_001.jpg

tonk-cpit_wip_render_002.jpg

tonk-cpit_wip_render_003.jpg

But don't worry, its still on track... ish.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

looks wonderful Rock.

Im already preparing my groveling speech to beg for a RACS tornado

Yeah the cockpit especially like that takes the longest it seems, sometimes it's best to just take a few days break and relax, not think at all about the bird..or watch videos, that can help push the motivation up. Out of curiosity will you be keeping all of those details (Screws and whatnot) or are they reference points for now?

Edited by NodUnit

Well I dont know if this helps much ... But I think it looks absoloutely amazing..... I really hope we (The public) get to play with this Tornado :P Yeah all I can say if it gets to you too much just have a wee break we can all wait....ish :D

Just as long as there is no more declarations of "love" from you and Sekra :p

...Out of curiosity will you be keeping all of those details (Screws and whatnot) or are they reference points for now?

Its the high poly model. Its going to be used to bake the normal maps.

Given the results of tests so far it produces a really nice looking normal map. Once the bake is done a lot of the screws, smaller cap heads and details will be replaced by the normal map.

Well I dont know if this helps much ... But I think it looks absoloutely amazing..... I really hope we (The public) get to play with this Tornado :P Yeah all I can say if it gets to you too much just have a wee break we can all wait....ish

Oh you will get to play with it. I've come this far and I'm damned if im not going to finish it.

As for the 'taking a break'. This is precisely why i always run two modelling projects at the same time. When one gets frustrating, you can switch to the other for a few days. The F-16 will probably get some "love" next week while the tornado take a break.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

looks wonderful Rock.

Never mind that. You've got work to do! :P

Rock's made some progress even over and above what I saw yesterday evening. I might even say this is one of his best pieces of work so far.

Rock, you're surpassing yourself everytime you update us with the images, Certainly setting a benchmark when it comes to models in game.

Its looking absolutely stunning!

Rock, you're surpassing yourself everytime you update us with the images, Certainly setting a benchmark when it comes to models in game.

Its looking absolutely stunning!

Thank you. :o

One more, ingame. (Big image)

Wonderful Rock, I have some great Tornado engine sounds if your interested mate.

Excellent work on the Tornado. I may be an American but I've always liked that bird. Supposedly it was briefly considered by the USAF for the SEAD mission. Or maybe they considered it for the ETF program that would lead to the F-15E. Can't remember which.