Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

I really think you should not give advice on a topic that you really know nothing about.

By trade and profession I am a Project Manager. Running multiple projects and time management is something I have a lot of experience of (over 18 years of practical experience). And believe me nothing is suffering. And apart from a 9 day drift due to medical issues I'm cruising along with the RKSL project plan. So unless you know more than me about my own projects I'd hold back on giving advice in future.

Thank you for fixing me. Sorry I was sounds utterly offended. :sulk:

You know, I working my queued artworks for 24/7, and only that giving me stresses from both lack of energy and support in the extreme case. Projects won't be easy if losing faith and experience along with it. You surely a lot better than me, and you should blame my arrogant and innocence.

Just... keep up with your work, I should not asking question in improper way...

Like it alot Rock

Keep up the good work:)

WOW, nice looking plane Rock! Hope your getting well and improving!

Really appreciate all your hard work for our community! :)

I really think you should not give advice on a topic that you really know nothing about.

By trade and profession I am a Project Manager. Running multiple projects and time management is something I have a lot of experience of (over 18 years of practical experience). And believe me nothing is suffering. And apart from a 9 day drift due to medical issues I'm cruising along with the RKSL project plan. So unless you know more than me about my own projects I'd hold back on giving advice in future.

The guy was merely expressing concerns, no need to jump down his throat.

The guy was merely expressing concerns, no need to jump down his throat.

That wasnt "jumping down his throat". That was responding in kind to his "concern".

If you have an issue with me please feel to PM me. Otherwise please stay on topic. :p

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Any way I can hop on board and help?

-Thanx,

Luke

I dont know what can you do?

Rock, quick question....... Are you still working on the Cessna Caravan that you started a while back or is that a dead project?

Rock, quick question....... Are you still working on the Cessna Caravan that you started a while back or is that a dead project?

Yes its still alive. Its almost done. Just needs some internal work. But its on plan for the "big" release day.

the "big" release day.

This sounds promising! :bounce3:

Abs

Now that is sexy,

Great work Rock, Look forward to taking her for a spin.

Any chance of a wireframe rock?

Sure

wf_tornado_front.png

wf_tornado_side.png

wf_tornado_top.png

wf_tornado_btm.png

wf_tornado_rear.png

It needs some poly reduction for the game engine tbh. Im on the vertex limit right now but it shouldnt be too hard to sort out.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
i have "fat fingers" today and cant type

Well, you could save some at the nose, poly count is quite heavy there. I think you could have almost the same look if you half them or reduce at least by a third. Second point might be the base of the wings, where the wing sweep mechanism is set. But that's just my opinion. ;)

€dit #1: Well, almost forgot to say something: Sweet little girl! There was a example video in ArmA1 showing your Tornado with something like a new/enhanced/easier flightmodel. Are you planning this too?

€dit #2: What program are you using before you port it over to O2?

Edited by Jester_Darrak

Well, you could save some at the nose, poly count is quite heavy there. I think you could have almost the same look if you half them or reduce at least by a third. Second point might be the base of the wings, where the wing sweep mechanism is set. But that's just my opinion.

FPDR

It needs some poly reduction for the game engine tbh. Im on the vertex limit right now but it shouldnt be too hard to sort out.

I know. Lets call it British understatement.

And no, there is no excess polys in the wing sweep fingers. They are all animated so they have the absolute minimum for the first res lod.

The higher poly count is necessary for the normal map baking which considering the detail on the radome and in a few other bits its already probably a bit too low. Once thats done i'll remove some loops and reduce the vertex/face count. The estimated (still need to add some details) final count is under 15200 vertices.

€dit #1: Well, almost forgot to say something: Sweet little girl! There was a example video in ArmA1 showing your Tornado with something like a new/enhanced/easier flightmodel. Are you planning this too?

That was the version 1 model. This is the version 8. There is about 5 years difference. The flight model improvements use the method I've outlined several times before. At the time it was a huge difference/improvement. Now its not quite so dramatic. I've released several demos and tutorials explaining how to do it in the intervening years.

€dit #2: What program are you using before you port it over to O2?

Modo 501 with Synide's excellent P3D plugin. I find it far easier (and cheaper) to use than Max.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
missed a bit...

Really looking forward to the Tornado, its something arma has desperately needed for so long. All the best with the project guys.