Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Looking good so far. :thumbsup:

I see it has ecm/jammer pods. will it have a ecm jammer action, generating false signatures on radar, like on the A319/320 MPAs?

Those arent jammer pods.

Left wing is a the 107 Chaff and Flare Dispenser System.

Right wing is an TERMA AIRCM Pod.

I dont know if we'll bother with the Sky Shadow pod as they arent used all that often anymore. And, i'll be honest i think the spawning multiple ir targets randomly is a bit naff. It doesnt represent the real function and has negative impacts on all classes of AI vehicles including tanks etc. I'd rather find a better solution.

Looks awesome. Please don't kill me for that, but are there any plans of making a german version, too? Or are there more differences than only TFR Pod, fueltank and CM pods?

Looks awesome. Please don't kill me for that, but are there any plans of making a german version, too? Or are there more differences than only TFR Pod, fueltank and CM pods?

The model differences would be fairly substantial I think and Rock has already said he doesn't really want to do a Tornado GR.1, which would be more similar to the Luftwaffe's Tornado IDS.

There are factors like the different cannon arrangements (IDS/GR.1 has 2, GR.4 has 1, ECR has 0), they have different cockpits due to the various avionics upgrades that Gr.4 has (lots more glass in the GR.4's pit for TARDIS etc.), German variants lack of the laser range-finder and FLIR nodes on the chin...

There are probably several other differences.

Edited by da12thMonkey

The model differences would be fairly substantial I think and Rock has already said he doesn't really want to do a Tornado GR.1, which would be more similar to the Luftwaffe's Tornado IDS.

Da12thmonkey is correct. There wont be a GR1 or IDS/ECR. I simply do not have the time to make a cockpit for each version. Especially given how different each version is and how labour intensive the cockpits are.

It will have the ability to swap the texture by config and I will supply a texture template; so if anyone wants to make a german texture for the GR4 they could if they want to.

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

In my continued insanity I've done it again. After the claims against Myke's version of Footmunch's F-16 and as a favour to another friend I've made an F-16. Don't worry, its not impacting on the Tornado. It was planned like this, to be made in parallel etc. So when I get p'd off with one i can switch to another for a while. It also lets me work with some other contributors.

Anyway... how this will work:

I'm going to give the base model (minus the cockpit) to Myke so he can continue his "F-16 Evolution Project". And to develop as he wishes without any other claims on the IP.

RKSL will continue develop the model as well. WLD427 of PRACS will also be getting the source to some specific versions so he can update PRACS.

RKSL_F-16C-001.jpg

RKSL_F-16C-002.jpg

RKSL_F-16C-003.jpg

RKSL_F-16C-004.jpg

RKSL_F-16C-005.jpg

Render's seem fashionable at the moment, but O2/Buldozer shots are always welcome im told. So hes a few with the anims

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 001

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 002

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 003

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 004

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 005

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 006

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 007

WIP - F-16C O2 Shots 008

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Woah that is great news indeed.... This thread is almost always guarateed to bring a tear of joy to my eyes...

I can make that tear go away.

Google image search Rock's real name and turn safesearch off.

** results are not at all family friendly**

I can make that tear go away.

Google image search Rock's real name and turn safesearch off.

** results are not at all family friendly**

Your real name doesn't fare so well either :eek:

Your real name doesn't fare so well either :eek:

at least you guys don't come up as famous Elvis impersonators........... :(

Who says we waste our evenings in Teamspeak? :D

Very pretty. Cracking amount of detail on the landing gear.

Will the drogue chute be on all the projects developing from this model or will there be some with the shorter fin root you get on the jets of the USAF, RDAF, ROKAF, etc?

Very pretty. Cracking amount of detail on the landing gear.

Will the drogue chute be on all the projects developing from this model or will there be some with the shorter fin root you get on the jets of the USAF, RDAF, ROKAF, etc?

The fin Root maybe interchangable... I'm looking at making it kinda like the accessories kits on the Typhoon. Basically add it as a mag and you get the fin root of your choice. But there are issues with it and brake chute functionality. And the test group im working with right now dont seem to like the idea. I may just make a model for each version. But I'm aware fo the issue and i'm "working on it". ;)

Proxy objects also have that nasty trait of not playing along nicely with hiddenselectiontexture as well as the brake chute issue, so the magazine option wouldn't get my vote either.

Some crafty use of a hide animation for the two fin root selections, or a separate model like you suggested would probably be my way of doing it but they have their respective drawbacks in terms of polycount and .pbo file size.

I knew you'd be aware of all that, and on top of things; I was just curious what your current feelings towards that issue were. :)

Very nice model ,rock

About time for a new f-16 model ,footmunch f-16 was a good testing model for us .

Hope that textures looks good too?

cya

eddyd

Very nice model ,rock

Hope that textures looks good too?

cya

eddyd

Not even close to that yet. I'll probably start unwrapping tomorrow.

Some more F-16 related goodness.

2wpZtZPPDwI

In my continued insanity I've done it again.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

1278454104182.jpg

Wish I had the time to make models that detailed... :yay:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Wish I had the time to make models that detailed... :yay:

You are just slow! ;)

I'm in and out of hospital atm so not got much else to do between tests. I've gotten a tonne of stuff done in the last 12 weeks.

Rock, firstly I must say your projects of these are really impressive, they're all modeled better than I could imagine. That's really nice WIPs no doubt.

Just that make me also worry you, too. Since you've several jet projects queued together and have to built all of them at the same time. I'm afraid you keep adding new projects will going overload your work, and cause to slowing down the current one.

Can you tell me how exactly you queue up your project of these mods? I'm pretty sure you can't go multitasking with the Harrier, JSF, F-16, J-20, Tornado, etc etc at the same time. I think you should focus on finish the developing projects instead of keep adding new one, otherwise you'll keep yourself busy in a bad way.

Rock, firstly I must say your projects of these are really impressive, they're all modeled better than I could imagine. That's really nice WIPs no doubt.

Just that make me also worry you, too. Since you've several jet projects queued together and have to built all of them at the same time. I'm afraid you keep adding new projects will going overload your work, and cause to slowing down the current one.

Can you tell me how exactly you queue up your project of these mods? I'm pretty sure you can't go multitasking with the Harrier, JSF, F-16, J-20, Tornado, etc etc at the same time. I think you should focus on finish the developing projects instead of keep adding new one, otherwise you'll keep yourself busy in a bad way.

I really think you should not give advice on a topic that you really know nothing about.

By trade and profession I am a Project Manager. Running multiple projects and time management is something I have a lot of experience of (over 18 years of practical experience). And believe me nothing is suffering. And apart from a 9 day drift due to medical issues I'm cruising along with the RKSL project plan. So unless you know more than me about my own projects I'd hold back on giving advice in future.

Edited by RKSL-Rock