Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Mmmmm thrust reverse bucket.....Do you make the whole model in o2? *Looks at model on windowsil* Well it deffinately looks better than the model that came in that magazine years ago...

The radome shouldn't be blunt like that... maybe you should start again :whistle:

Nah, it looks mega even as a base model. I look forward to seeing version 8 with all the lights, antennas and targeting stuff, and not a version 9 ;).

RKSL has announced so much projects, but I cant believe what all projects will be ready to release. :hehe:

Mmmmm thrust reverse bucket.....Do you make the whole model in o2? *Looks at model on windowsil* Well it deffinately looks better than the model that came in that magazine years ago...

Its about 50/50 Modo and O2. It started in Modo but various details like airbrakes, thrust buckets and the landing gear were added in O2 so they animate correctly. O2 is a bit easier to work with animations than Modo. You can atleast preview them properly.

But once the anims are done it will end up back in Modo for the high poly build and baking.

The radome shouldn't be blunt like that... maybe you should start again :whistle:

Nah, it looks mega even as a base model. I look forward to seeing version 8 with all the lights, antennas and targeting stuff, and not a version 9 ;).

Ah sh..ugar you are right. I'll start all over again.

RKSL has announced so much projects, but I cant believe what all projects will be ready to release. :hehe:

Feel free to doubt all you like. But come back and apologise when we prove you wrong. :D

Well it deffinately looks better than the model that came in that magazine years ago...

wouldnt happen to be a tornado painted in desert tan with a sharks mouth and called mig eater? cant remember the magazines name

Oh my this looks exceptional, I knew you were in the process of making a Gr4, but at first glance it looked like an F3.

You need to put this as your main priority in life!

I still remember the rawr of the engines taking off when I lived on leeming as a kid.

Do you have some sounds for it, or should i pester Rexeheuk to make some ? :-D

Nice work Rock good to see your still working on with your models,

Its about 50/50 Modo and O2. It started in Modo but various details like airbrakes, thrust buckets and the landing gear were added in O2 so they animate correctly. O2 is a bit easier to work with animations than Modo. You can atleast preview them properly.

But once the anims are done it will end up back in Modo for the high poly build and baking.

Modo's a good program mate quite a few using it now, didnt think it was that good for bakes though i always found it a bit of a pain to do, have you any good resources for high poly modo bakes?

Oh my this looks exceptional, I knew you were in the process of making a Gr4, but at first glance it looked like an F3.

Do you have some sounds for it, or should i pester Rexeheuk to make some ? :-D

Its too short for an F3 and the nose is completely wrong.

Don't bother RexeheUK I'm negoiating with someone for some "professional" custom sounds but we'll wait and see.

Nice work Rock good to see your still working on with your models,

Modo's a good program mate quite a few using it now, didnt think it was that good for bakes though i always found it a bit of a pain to do, have you any good resources for high poly modo bakes?

I've been using it properly for over a year now. Synide tipped me of to it about 2 years ago. Personally i think its easier to use than Max. its certainly cheaper.

Anyway, what sort of resources? I usually make my own highpoly models/textures and bake them down. Or do you mean tuts etc?

Its too short for an F3 and the nose is completely wrong.

Aye it was the top down view that made me question, but seeing the side view and the angles of the canopy and the stubbyness of the nose reassured me :-D

Don't bother RexeheUK I'm negoiating with someone for some "professional" custom sounds but we'll wait and see.

Did you not say the same last time though, only to be let down? :D

Tornado u say? Time to make couple of new valleys for a terrain following feature ;)

Indeed - last week on my holidays I took a drive from Northumberland to Carlisle in Cumbria. I thought while I was dirivng that the countryside was beautiful and would make a great Arma island - then, wooosh over my head flew a Tornado on a low flying exercise (I assume this as reports of an invasion have yet to reach the BBC news).

i doubt it will ever reach bbc news they wouldnt tell us if it was raining.

Tornado u say? Time to make couple of new valleys for a terrain following feature ;)

If you want to create a map that has plenty of valleys, Why not create a map of the Machylleth Loop, or Mach loop. Its in Wales in the UK.

Its a low flying area for the RAF and some USAF.

Here is a link for more information.

http://www.lowflymedia.com/info/mach_loop/mach_loop.shtml

I think the area covered is about 25kmx25km, Im sure someone will correct me on this if you're really interested in doing it. :-)

Did you not say the same last time though, only to be let down? :D

This is totally different guy. And Andy really is a professional. I worked with him on some stuff for Discovery channel a year or so back. Right now we're negotiating on what they are going to "cost" me. Atthe moment the price is hovering around me fixing his motorcycle or making some custom models for a project he's working on.

Personally I'm leaning towards fixing his bike (VFR 800 VTEC) :D

This is totally different guy. And Andy really is a professional. I worked with him on some stuff for Discovery channel a year or so back. Right now we're negotiating on what they are going to "cost" me. Atthe moment the price is hovering around me fixing his motorcycle or making some custom models for a project he's working on.

Personally I'm leaning towards fixing his bike (VFR 800 VTEC) :D

Im gonna have to suggest paying him in cash, This way it allows you to spend more time making excellent (brown nose moment) addons.

VFR...:inlove:

Do you still have your bike, Rock?

Yes mate, still got my Super Blackbird. Although shes been in storage the last year. But i have to admit, i'm lusting after the new VFR1300.

Im gonna have to suggest paying him in cash, This way it allows you to spend more time making excellent (brown nose moment) addons.

I couldnt afford to hire him commercially. His day rate is higher than mine. Besides If i fix his bike I get to test ride it :)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

I'm very excited to see animated thrust reverse buckets on the tornado. I'm not sure how the sound engine works in arma and i can't imagine it's easy to aquire proper sound effects for the game, but if you havn't already planned for it/added it already, a satisfying roar when the thrust reverse bucket is activated i would be tickled to death (this feature was amazing in microsoft's flight sims and always made landings extraordinarily entertaining and immersive).

Sounds great Rock, I'm stoked. Can't wait.

@IceBreakr, the terrain following auto-pilot feature won't be implemented. But it will have some HUD stuff.

No autopilot, but it will have appropriate hud symbology that should make low flying a lot easier. ;)

Some WIP ingame pics of the Tornado courtesy of Sekra.

PLEASE NOTE: There are two types of fuel tanks on it just for scaling issues. So don't get too excited trying to find errors just yet.

http://213.239.206.79/sekra/task/

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Looking good Rock .... cant wait for this!!

on a side note , what is project 210??

Looking good Rock! It's looking pretty slick. Needs more cockpit, though. :p

Looking good Rock .... cant wait for this!!

on a side note , what is project 210??

Project 210 is a bit of a 'fantasy side project'. There's more info and a couple of pics here

Looking good so far. :thumbsup:

I see it has ecm/jammer pods. will it have a ecm jammer action, generating false signatures on radar, like on the A319/320 MPAs?