Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

What I would like is to have again your cargo system.

It was a total blast

And with the enormous island that are in the works It would be very useful to have such a cargo system.

Since PR are doing some MAN trucks but since PR will be a standalone package I've made some MAN's for others to use if they like(well primarily me but I like sharing).

Wasn't Jtec making some MAN trucks too? They seem to be quite popular.

Looks win either way.

Wasn't Jtec making some MAN trucks too? They seem to be quite popular.

Looks win either way.

Yes, Jeff was but he and most of the rest of the UKF guys all seem to be hibernating. So i started making my own about 2 years ago since i wanted some special versions...

As for being popular, not all of these versions have the steering wheel on the "right" side :D

Hey Rock,

Are you looking into implementing any of the updates that are available through the Take Off Community Preview? :)

Abs

As for being popular, not all of these versions have the steering wheel on the "right" side :D

Does this mean there might be the variant with the big, nasty shooty-bang-bang bit on the back that you originally made the truck model for; before working it into ArmA?

I do hope so. :D

Hey Rock,

Are you looking into implementing any of the updates that are available through the Take Off Community Preview? :)

Abs

I'm not sure that there is anything practical we can do independently from TKOH. But do you have any specific ideas?

So far I have:

1. Look at switches option. Its already possible. UNN and I discussed it some time ago. So there is way of doing it without the TKOH exe. But when I discussed it with the beta testers we got a mixed response.
  2. Flight model. I'd love to have the flight model in ArmA2 & 3. As long as the "manual trim" option is greatly improved. The "Auto Trim" seems to damp the inputs a bit imo. But then again I'm told that the odds of ArmA2 getting the flight model upgrade is very probably nil.
  3. Render-to-texture - Always going to be welcome as long as it's not a bit laggy like VBS2. I can think of a dozen applications right now I could use it on.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Does this mean there might be the variant with the big, nasty shooty-bang-bang bit on the back that you originally made the truck model for; before working it into ArmA?

I do hope so. :D

Is that a technical term?

I'll be honest I'm not sure which version you are thinking of but I do have some nice "bang-bang" support versions planned.

I'll be honest I'm not sure which version you are thinking of but I do have some nice "bang-bang" support versions planned.

I meant the version with Pantsir-S1 like those that the UAE bought.

I seem to remember a conversation we had about having MAN trucks in ArmA (like what was going on with the UKF ones) that involved you doing one with Pantsir for something work related... I might be wrong though; it was as you say, years ago. ;)

I meant the version with Pantsir-S1 like those that the UAE bought.

I seem to remember a conversation we had about having MAN trucks in ArmA (like what was going on with the UKF ones) that involved you doing one with Pantsir for something work related... I might be wrong though; it was as you say, years ago. ;)

Oh yes, I made the Pantsir unit for a job. But it ended up on a Kamaz. I never got around to making an ArmA1 version. It was extremely high poly.

I do still have plans for a Pantsir though, but that wasnt the one i was thinking of earlier. I've seen a few nice modular systems that should add "bang bang" capability. :cool:

Edited by RKSL-Rock

I wasn't thinking independantly, necessarily, since it seems to be bringing a bit more to the A2 engine...but I obviously don't know enough. Just curious, since you're one of the premier air addon makers in my mind. :)

Abs

What I would like is to have again your cargo system.

It was a total blast

And with the enormous island that are in the works It would be very useful to have such a cargo system.

With PhysX comming to Arma3, cargo systems could be a thing of the past. There is always room for a UI, but not sure how far we should go with it.

We did consider a lite version, dedicated to some of the more relevant addons, like the C130 though.

I wasn't thinking independantly, necessarily, since it seems to be bringing a bit more to the A2 engine...

Oh it definately opens up some options but at the cost of having to run a different exe which means it needs special servers and etc so its no longer really ArmA2.

While I like the taste of the new flight models in TOKH-preview, exploiting it would mean compromising the combined arms nature of A2 that i like so much. We'll just have to wait and see what BIS do with it though. But if BIS were to patch it into ArmA2/3 then I'd be all over it like... well... I'm not sure i want to say... Best just to say I'd be very excited :o

But I obviously don't know enough. Just curious, since you're one of the premier air addon makers in my mind. :)

Abs

Awww shucks :o

...what do you want now? :D

I had a good read thru the bin of tkoh and seen some very promising cfg entries related to baggage,max height,max width,max weight etc.

There is some fantastic stuff in there and from what i can see from the structure Tkoh should almost be considered an expansion pack for arma2.

It looks like most mods for arma2 will run with it fine.

tkoh i think will be an excellent "branch off" for fixed wing enthusiast's aswell i reckon.

Cant wait to see more of the dev work and the possibilities it presents for us all.

:)

Awww shucks :o

...what do you want now? :D

Hahaha...nothing, mate...just calling it like I see it. ;)

Abs

Hey Rock i was wondering if you were still working on the Harrier, and if you are, is it possible to make the nozzle go instead of backwards and down go forward aswell??? so you lose air speed very quickly?? and and would it be possible to lock the nozzle's in the position cause with the standart bis harrier you cant land verticale and take off witch is a bit dissapointing

Hey Rock i was wondering if you were still working on the Harrier, and if you are, is it possible to make the nozzle go instead of backwards and down go forward aswell??? so you lose air speed very quickly?? and and would it be possible to lock the nozzle's in the position cause with the standart bis harrier you cant land verticale and take off witch is a bit dissapointing

Yes the Harrier is alive and well. Its currently on holiday, having a nice rest and sunning itself on the beach...

OK OK enough silliness. Its still in texture work. And I still need to model the ejection seat and write the HUD. I'm hoping to release it along with some other new updates all in one pack.

As for the Nozzle control. You can do this in patch 1.59 using analogue throttle on the BIS harrier and X-35.

• Engage Auto hover.
  • Use the flap key to "lower flaps" but in this mode it will change the angle of the nozzles.
  • Press it several times to get the desired angle.
  • Use the throttle to increase and decrease the thrust to suit.

We were going to look at making a new VTOL system but since BIS did that I don't really see the point in getting UNN to work on it.

And the point of that is?

Who is making a blufor army?

Or is that a question?

There are a over a dozen teams making Blufor kit right now, including RKSL. But I have to assume you are referring to IAP with your comment since ther is no context with your post.

We are going to provide a basic Government (BLUFOR) Force for as much for story purposes as for practical use. Something for the other teams making blufor content to "assist" in the 'official' and user made content and campaigns. Personally I think not making a government force would just look stupid in the context of the story we have developed.

...just as stupid as judging us with the miniscule amount of information available so far. :eek:

when i saw that you planed for this to be more of a community project i thought i would have a go at contributing, i wasnt aware you already had a blufor army planed

my bad :o

Rock, that truck looks better than most finished projects.

when i saw that you planed for this to be more of a community project i thought i would have a go at contributing, i wasnt aware you already had a blufor army planed

my bad :o

Hey we're open to contributions for the BLUFOR.

The reason we're making a basic Government force is story lines more than anything else. And to provide some standalone (ie IAP only) missions etc.

The main idea behind IAP is to provide an alternative "stage" for people use their National mods in. So you download IAP and the blue for of your choice in separate packages. IAP will remain as a flexible core that anyone can buld around and it wont break your own addons.

Anyway as a bit of a taster: ASA (OPFOR) Artillery

IAP_Arty_0001_sml.jpg

Its still very WIP and obviously this is the high-poly. So dont expect the tracks to be so detailed in-game :) But IAP will have some serious new toys to play with.

Whomever correctly identifies it gets a virtual choc-chip cookie as found on my desk. (Providing you come get it before i eat ti just before i go home tonight.)

Rock, that truck looks better than most finished projects.

Thank you but there is a long long way to go yet. I've got some pretty expansive plans fo the MAN trucks :P

I would like to ask for the "Cargo System" status.

Any chance to see it in the near future for A2/OA or is it cancelled?

MfG Lee :)

With PhysX comming to Arma3, cargo systems could be a thing of the past. There is always room for a UI, but not sure how far we should go with it.

We did consider a lite version, dedicated to some of the more relevant addons, like the C130 though.

1 page back, lol.

A variant of the Akatsiya 2S3?

The gun looks different though...

Close... you get the cookie crumbs ;)

Type 83 SPH??

picture

Either you are the worlds biggest geek or you spend an inordinate amount of time playing these little games. ;)

Yes you are correct, however my niece shared the last cookie with the dog so you are out of luck. :eek:

Hellfire beat me to the quote but I feel that i should explain a bit more.

The cargo system was one of those projects that has always been on the Yes/No threshold since ArmA2 went live. The simplest explanation for its non-appearence in A2/OA is that we got distracted and spent the time "doing something more interesting instead". (1970s UK Kids TV reference there)

So to summarise, while it would be nice to get it back in the game its probably not going to happen becasue we already have too many other projects and commitments already. :butbut: