Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Remember the silent majority rock. The typhoon is a Masterpiece of an addon, good luck with everything.

Just don't stress yourself out with it, take whatever time you feel you and your team need. Hope your family issues don't become too large, last thing anyone needs is family drama.

I'm 38, bald and grey! Aside from cancer scares, the bank, lawyers and various other family issues I'm really chilled :)

Remember the silent majority rock...

I just wish the silent majority would stand up and be counted. It may shut up the people that think they can do what they like with our stuff.

thanks and remember just don't rush yourself mate take it all slowly and don't stress yourself.

Ah jeez, Rock...dunno what to say. I'm no modder, but just merely another face on a forum, so not much of what I say carries much weight at all, but just know I feel for ya whole-heartedly as do many here have shown already. I never got to experience what you guys have back in OFP, I only came in at Armed Assault. But I can tell compared to even back then, things changed a whole lot and none for the better. And that is a damn shame. I've seen so many good people be forced out. All the talent leaves then the thieving twats have no one else to screw over, so they will just casually move to a new game to screw people over on, then the next, and then the next. They are nothing more than parasites--sucking the life out of individuals for the fun of it.

You have the parasitic thieves, then you have the constant beggars that can't control themselves--even when others, even admins, tell them to cool it, and on top of that you have those that appear sincere, but are only hiding their own selfish motives just to get their hands on the neat little toys. All together, I can't fault you for wondering to yourself--or any addon makers here for that matter--"why the hell should I even bother anymore?!" As wld said as well, people nowadays just want, want, want--even if it means getting it dishonestly. And if/when the community crashes and burns, will they care? Not even the slightest....selfish bastard kids nowadays.

Stay tough, mate. Been a big fan of your work. Just disappointed to see how things went for ya. Just know that even among all the little turds around here, some of us do truly respect you and your work and appreciated the time you put in over the years for us. :)

I'd also like to extend my thanks to you Rock and all that are involved with RKSL. I would like to be known as one of the less than silent majority members, supporting and appreciating all the work of content makers for the community, I really don't think you guys get the credit you truly deserve.

I'm really not sure how the community can get out of the rut its in at the moment. Perhaps before you enter these forums a page comes up suggesting how people should behave, not a demand but a suggestion. This might just persuade people to think a little, although I don't honestly believe we'll ever have a perfect situation.

Callsign

Rock,

As one of the silent majority, I have supported you and all the other mod makers and will continue to do so. The items that you have released have always been top of the line. I will admit that there are a few items you have shown I hope to see one day. The SAM system is just to name a one, and hope always springs eternal. But you need to take care of yourself, and sharpen the sword as we say.

Edited by Landdon

Rock,

As one of the silent majority, I have supported you and all the other mod makers and will continue to do so. The items that you have released have always been top of the line. I will admit that there are a few items you have shown I hope to see one day. The SAM system is just to name a one, and hope always springs eternal. But you need to take care of yourself, and sharpen the sword as we say.

Hear hear.

Have you ever thought about doing a c-17 Globemaster and I noticed that in your typhoon description you said for future plans you would try air-air refuelling, would you then add an FSTA(Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft) VC10 or tristar to your fleet for that.

Have you ever thought about doing a c-17 Globemaster and I noticed that in your typhoon description you said for future plans you would try air-air refuelling, would you then add an FSTA(Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft) VC10 or tristar to your fleet for that.

• C-17 I made wont be released, its on that list i linked you to before. I dont think its very practical in ArmA2 and it was a pain to make the first model it isnt something im keen to revisit. But there are 4 other teams i know of working on them. Mostly FS ports though.
  • The A330 MRTT is about ~60% modelled. The demo is in game and flying but the scripted system for refueling is only in the "planning" phase.
  • A400M (Gen3) is also ~60% modelled and in game for FM testing. But its a low priority due to the lack of the cargo system.
  • VC10 and Tristar are on thier way out so im not going to bother making them.

thats good to know cheers mate but one other thing I forgot about earlier will there be an AWACS E.3A Sentry?

thats good to know cheers mate but one other thing I forgot about earlier will there be an AWACS E.3A Sentry?

Maybe. It depends on how much time i get.

by saying there on there way out do you mean someones already made them (if you know who) or there going to be retired from service.

by saying there on there way out do you mean someones already made them (if you know who) or there going to be retired from service.

Removed from RAF service.

Most of the VC10 fleet has already been grounded. And with the high number of flying hours to support Afghanistan the Tristar fleet is rapidly approching it its service life.

I'm only making support aircraft that i can use for other uses. eg the A330 will make a nice civil and static object. The VC10 isnt very common outside of the UK.

I was approached for permission to convert and update my old OFP Tristars so that is likely the Tristar referance above. (the guy asked, made me happier).

Although its nice to hear there maybe a VC10 coming too.

Rock, take it easy, relax, and enjoy what ever you do, even if its modding!

I was just wondering with the strategic defence review and the harriers being scrapped, are they still on your list or have you dropped them too?

Cheers.

I was just wondering with the strategic defence review and the harriers being scrapped, are they still on your list or have you dropped them too?

Cheers.

Oh sorry mate i forgot to reply.

No i havent scrapped them. I really like my Harriers so rest assured it will be released.

Oh sorry mate i forgot to reply.

No i havent scrapped them. I really like my Harriers so rest assured it will be released.

Sweeeeet! Haha no worries mate looking forward to all them. :)

Hey Rock

Just wanted to know if the Mig-29A/SMT is still WIP

Hey Rock

Just wanted to know if the Mig-29A/SMT is still WIP

I've partially remade it. Its going to be one of the models that uses the new "solution". (The unpopular one) It should get a release in some form.

what have you got that will nearly be released apart from the UAV's? just wondering.

The Harrier will be the next "big" release after the updates and phase 1 UAVs.