Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

*coming in on no side*

afaik VCB only use ukf gear

so if you talk about vcb and their guns, dont be surprised if someone form ukf says something

I'm sure I'm not the only one but I'm really going to miss the usual RKSL Advent Calendar as it doesn't look like its going to happen this year.

Hope you return to modding soon! Your Addons are amazing and so much hard work must have gone into them.

I happen to know they are working on bringing the website back, so we can expect to see some content soon.

Regardless of all this mud slinging and the like, I'm always super stoked to see what the next thing is in the wings from RKSL and it'd be a bloody shame if the opinions of a few sour grapes tainted it for everyone else

Regardless of all this mud slinging and the like, I'm always super stoked to see what the next thing is in the wings from RKSL and it'd be a bloody shame if the opinions of a few sour grapes tainted it for everyone else

Sadly it has.

Well, its more the PM abuse, repetitive theft, rumour mongering and outright lies from some key people in the community that has soured my own "enthusiasm" for the public community rather a lot.

The PBO lock thread exposed a side to the community that I really don't like. I have a "solution" for future public releases that i suspect wont be popular but its either that or go underground with the rest of my mates. More about that in the future.

Anyway. As Tanky said, I'm back on the website. I'm currently very time limited due to family issues but I'm hoping to release the much promised and massively overdue Lynx and Puma updates at Christmas. As well as the updated Typhoon.

It wont be the comprehensive update I had intended. But its unavoidable due to my recent split with my Mrs. and the relocation to the other end of England. And not to forget the previously mentioned family issues but it should be significant.

If anyone is waiting on 'favours' from me. I'm really sorry about the delays but real life right now isn't too nice and I've not had much time. PMs should go out to everyone that's waiting for something on the weekend.

Rock

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

I'm sure I'm not the only one but I'm really going to miss the usual RKSL Advent Calendar as it doesn't look like its going to happen this year.

Afraid not. It was a massively time consuming activity and in the current community climate its not one I can be bothered to do again.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

do you guys still need help for texturing ??

Yes and No :D

I've culled a lot of projects after the UK defence review and with the non appearance of "texture favours" from others we don't have as much work left to do. But there is still some things that need doing. However i don't have the time to manage too many projects or people so im not actively looking for helpers right now.

If that changes I'll post an invite on the RKSL site.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

I wish you a really nice and happy new year and good luck to solve all your RL problems

Rubber

Italy

Rome

:)

Here's a thing .... BIS have locked their PBOs. Couldn't the same technology be used with your addons Rock and lock them from prying eyes?

Here's a thing .... BIS have locked their PBOs. Couldn't the same technology be used with your addons Rock and lock them from prying eyes?

I've been discussing this with Marek and I don't think it would be very fair to others if they were to make a special case for us. Others are in the exact same situation.

Its less about "prying eyes" and more about theiving scum.

Besides you know that if we were to utilise the same "encoding" as the BIS' DLC packs others would kick up a fuss about BIS "playing favourites" and RKSL being "Elitest".

And according to some on these forums its already been cracked and the tool is being circulated.

What is needed is the people that make these tools need to grow up and act more responsibily. They call them selves fans of both BIS and the community yet in my own honest opinion they are undermining both by making and releasing these tools.

There is an arguement for "educational" purposes but its gets weaker with every tutorial and "technical" forum reply. There is a huge amount of knowledge out there already it just needs consolidating. (I'm working on that with some friends) And with some extended support from BIS in regard to new features that are introduced with each patch I really don't see why these license breaking tools are needed.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

all this is a shame really on our community

but hey, im staying outta the pbo issues,

i wish you a merry xmas and happy new year rock

your addons inspired me to make addons in the hope i could be like you, one of the top addon makers :D

hasnt quite happened :P

best of luck with everything, real life and arma

I might have missed this but what is happening to the Tornado GR.4 and F.3? Hope to hear about it soon and merry Christmas everybody.

Damn, Rock. You're sure as hell not getting it easy. Best of luck for getting yourself sorted.

all this is a shame really on our community

but hey, im staying outta the pbo issues,

Probably for the best. You wouldn't want the sort of BS and hate mail i'm getting for speaking my own mind on here.

i wish you a merry xmas and happy new year rock your addons inspired me to make addons in the hope i could be like you, one of the top addon makers :D

:o Thanks for the compliment. But credit should also go to the legion of people that have given their time to help me learn over the last 8 years. Its a very very long list of people. Both famous and not so famous.

...best of luck with everything, real life and arma

Cheers. I haven't given up yet. We're still working with others to find a solution we can all live with. In the mean time life goes on and modding continues at a slow but steady pace.

I might have missed this but what is happening to the Tornado GR.4 and F.3? Hope to hear about it soon and merry Christmas everybody.

The Tornado was on the big list of things we can no longer release thanks to a certain tool we're not allowed to mention.

As I said before I do have a "solution" that allows us to release some of the models affected by this situation. But it probably won't be popular.

Other models will be remade so they wont be affected by commercial considerations.

Damn, Rock. You're sure as hell not getting it easy. Best of luck for getting yourself sorted.

I never do :p Cheers

Also always remember that haters gonna hate. And lovers gonna love. And there are still people even in this community that love. You too. But not in a gay way. Just in the heterosexual way two men can love each others. And your addons. That's all.

Rock,

i just wanna say i back your side on the lockable PBO issue.

I have found it very very easy to contact almost every single addonmaker needed to gain information and files if they want me to permit me to use them. It comes down to a blatant lack of respect. The new generation of people around here lately have been the discussion of many topics as well as you and I. Its the give it to me now no matter where it came form generation. the COD generation. seems the OFP gneration or the majority of has moved on...... remember the good ole days buddy :bounce3:

also,

I still love ya :)

eddie

Proejct RACS

Yes and No :D

I've culled a lot of projects after the UK defence review and with the non appearance of "texture favours" from others we don't have as much work left to do. But there is still some things that need doing. However i don't have the time to manage too many projects or people so im not actively looking for helpers right now.

If that changes I'll post an invite on the RKSL site.

You haven't scrapped the harriers as well have you? :( lol what a tragic mistake that was in the defence review but if you have I'm looking forward to your other stuff and good luck with RL issues.

Also always remember that haters gonna hate. And lovers gonna love. And there are still people even in this community that love. You too. But not in a gay way. Just in the heterosexual way two men can love each others. And your addons. That's all.

Sekra !in closet.

Firstly, thanks for all the top class work RKSL has put out for everyone to use.

Regarding the issue about openable pbo's; I've done some addon creation on another game (X-Plane) and found that the best way to learn is to open a 'WIP thread' and post updates of what I've done and the things that I can't do. Normally, someone more knowledgeable came along promptly and put me straight (also posting pics for the benefit of me and all future readers). Sometimes, a specific query would need to be PM'd out to the right person, but on the whole, it's easy enough to progress with the community advice.

It was very easy and no hassle. Most of the people on the X-Plane forums are relatively sensible and respect patience/time. On these forums, it seems there's is a bigger %age of idiots. Those people shout the loudest and want everything to be done NOW! Look at the WarFX thread as an example, no wonder OpticalSnare closed it.

Maybe those kind of people are predisposed to playing shooter/killer simulator type games and wouldn't be so obsessed if it didn't involve conflict. I hypothesize though. And I'm not saying that people who play X-Plane are in any way superior to Arma players.

I know that I don't feel comfortable opening up a new thread in Addon Discussion for a project I'm working on. I get the feeling that if I paused work on it, then I'd get a wall of shit on the thread.

In general, I would feel a bit dirty poking about in anyone's addon, especially if it has models included. It's kind of like being invited over to somebodys house and then looking through their email account on the family laptop while they're in the toilet. That's just my point of view though.

Anyway, hope you get sorted IRL fella :)

Edited by Das Attorney

.... Most of the people on the X-Plane forums are relatively sensible and respect patience/time. On these forums, it seems there's is a bigger %age of idiots. Those people shout the loudest and want everything to be done NOW! Look at the WarFX thread as an example, no wonder OpticalSnare closed it.

Maybe those kind of people are predisposed to playing shooter/killer simulator type games and wouldn't be so obsessed if it didn't involve conflict. I hypothesize though.

No, more likely the higher content of Kiddies.

Yes, those shits who grew up with no social skills (for the internet) or manners.

Rock,

Best of luck with however you decide to deal with it. But remember, family and health first.

Love your work.

Thanks for telling me that, will it be fixed easily and quickly in time for christmas or is it going to take a really long time to fix all the models?

Thanks for telling me that, will it be fixed easily and quickly in time for christmas or is it going to take a really long time to fix all the models?

Hah, no chance mate. I'm no modeller, or addon maker, but I'd say it'd take him a good 6 months to get back on track. Even then, that'd be non-stop work.

Gnat;1805093']Rock' date='

Best of luck with however you decide to deal with it. But remember, family and health first.

Love your work.[/quote']

...I still love ya

Ooooo I'm feeling the love now guys :P (Figuratively not literally)

@Sekra you are Sooooooooooooooooo gay!

Seriously thanks guys. Support is appreciated.

...seems the OFP gneration or the majority of has moved on...... remember the good ole days buddy ...

Yeah, sadly I do. But it seems some here think the good ole days of "cooperation" meant something different than I remember.

No it wont be quick. Nor will it be in time for Christmas. As I said in the earlier posts its going to be a long delay. I cant really say how long now. All i can promise is that im going to do my best to get it released in some form.

Just don't stress yourself out with it, take whatever time you feel you and your team need. Hope your family issues don't become too large, last thing anyone needs is family drama.

Edited by NodUnit