Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

For all the people beating me to the punch and berating the trolls; +1.

As long as RKSL is releasing addons (Be it publicly, or underground), I'm happy.

Edited by b00ce

Well i'm not going to start that debate in here, but that thread is of concern to a lot of people since it shows a rather disturbing lack of manners and respect for other people's property. And with a small percentage always willing to steal anything not nailed down then I have to consider my own position very carefully don't I. That thread has opened a lot of eyes and as a result will have an effect. There is already a debate about going underground in my own gaming group. It will be sad if it happens but I think it won't take much to make it inevitable.

This is a discussion thread, right? :)

It would truly be a shame for you to go underground or stop modding. But, I still feel compelled to ask you - did you really think no one was de-pbo'ing your stuff to learn from? I mean, you are truly one of the top echelon mod developers. It seems obvious to me that people would want to mimic you.

Regardless, I sincerely hope you derive pleasure from whatever decision you make.

This is a discussion thread, right? :)

Yes it is but lets keep that discussion in that thread where it belongs.

I know you like baiting people to get a rise but atleast follow the forums rules and do it on the right thread.

Do all the people here flaming pro / con not have any RL problems to clarify ?

If i would reach this point i would just leave like many others did and NOT spending my nerves again and again for nothing.

We have to respects Rocks decission but also this discussion should come to an end sometime for my opinion.

This post is definatly not against someone specific my point is only to ask if all this is really needed.

excuse the bad german school english from an old guy

Ok TIME OUT!

Thread locked for a few hours.. the tone here has rapidly changed from heated debated to flaming and personal attacks.

Thread now reopened..

Keep it civil.. or holidays from the forum will be imposed.

Cookies, Milk and a tornado GR4 please Rock! Keep up the good work.

Great to know you're still going to be releasing addons, Rock. :D

Yes it is but lets keep that discussion in that thread where it belongs.

Indeed - but in this thread you mentioned going underground - that is the topic I was addressing. It would be a shame, but that is your choice.

I know you like baiting people to get a rise but atleast follow the forums rules and do it on the right thread.

Perhaps this is best said in a PM, but no - I do not intend to get a rise out of people. I *do* enjoy the exchange of ideas, and debate.

People do not always agree. That is human nature.

Good luck with your decisions. Life is too short - people should do that which brings them joy.

:cheers:

I *do* enjoy ... debate.

Meh. And Rock enjoys making addons. And if he wants to release them he will. People who make addons typically make them with the intention of having them played with...not opened up.

Save the debating for the debate team.

Anyone who says that Rock is against sharing knowledge or projects hasn't done their homework. This man isn't against sharing, he's against stealing.

I seriously hope you don't go underground, Rock. I enjoy your addons very much, and would hate to see them disappear.

Abs

Indeed - but in this thread you mentioned going underground - that is the topic I was addressing. It would be a shame, but that is your choice.

For someone who has expressed a liking for word games you kinda missed a key factor here.

...There is already a debate about going underground in my own gaming group. It will be sad if it happens but I think it won't take much to make it inevitable.

I didnt say RKSL was going underground did I. I was talking about a general reaction to the poor attitude displayed in the lock topic. Again you misinterpreted a post to suit your own viewpoint.

Perhaps this is best said in a PM, but no - I do not intend to get a rise out of people. I *do* enjoy the exchange of ideas, and debate.

There is no debate when you won't acknowledge the other person's viewpoint or the proven facts.

It seems to be the opinion of a number of others that you do get "off on it". We have a number of mutal friends in and out of the F4 communities that seem to share the view. But as you say,

People do not always agree. That is human nature.

Have a nice day now.

I didnt say RKSL was going underground did I. I was talking about a general reaction to the poor attitude displayed in the lock topic. Again you misinterpreted a post to suit your own viewpoint.

I did misinterpret. I am sorry for that. I was not aware that RKSL was somehow different.

I am glad to hear that you will continue to release your excellent work. Or at least, are still willing to do so. :cheers:

There is no debate when you won't acknowledge the other person's viewpoint or the proven facts.

I have often acknowledged your viewpoint. You show me the respect of responding to almost every assertion, and I return that respect.

It seems to be the opinion of a number of others that you do get "off on it". We have a number of mutal friends in and out of the F4 communities that seem to share the view.

hehe

You were/are involved in F4? :D I had no idea! I can honestly say that I have never singled you out as a 'target' or anything. I would love to compare notes on who we both know! We should get a beer sometime. :)

Have a nice day now.

You, too!

Hmm my definition of underground would be a sort of "members" only thing, where addons are given to those who can be trusted, rather than freely available.

I don't think it's a huge problem tbh, groups like VCB have done it in the past with the L85s etc? No one kicked up a fuss then, it's their mod and their choice what to do with it at the end of the day.

If you do go underground Rock, I hope our group is in your "approved list", as we've always supported your stuff!

rock whens the website coming back

When i get around to finishing it :D

With all the stuff thats going on in the real world and the travelling im doing right now, im sorry to say RKSL stuff isnt a high priority.

Its shouldn't be too long.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

"Look this is the looong list of addons I would have done absolutly 100% in two weeks

fine, from scratch, all of rocks list done in two weeks. 100% no bugs or .rpt issues

as far as your post and no thread suggests. youve never made an addon or worked on one so far as i can see

i look foward to your amazing "loooooong" list of addons in two weeks

P.S.

with the way your posting, i dont think youll be able to post here for more then two weeks :cool:

Hmm my definition of underground would be a sort of "members" only thing, where addons are given to those who can be trusted, rather than freely available.

I don't think it's a huge problem tbh, groups like VCB have done it in the past with the L85s etc? No one kicked up a fuss then, it's their mod and their choice what to do with it at the end of the day.

What?

We never made anything intended for exclusive use by VCB or any other group. Stop talking shit.

What?

We never made anything intended for exclusive use by VCB or any other group. Stop talking shit.

I heard from a member inside VCB that they had their own custom SA80s etc that were not out... So not "talking shit" just saying what I've heard.

Not against it at all, so cut the hostility out. Also please describe where the HELL I mentioned UKF? Get your coat, your post is useless and adds nothing to the discussion, If you're going to troll bait then fo elsewhere.

I love how 99% of the forum membership does not read a post before getting on their high horse.

Sorry to Rock for responding to the fool in his thread.

Edited by rexehuk

Argh....people need hand holding and I can't be bothered.

Abs

Edited by Abs
Lack of people putting in just that bit of effort required to reach a logical conclusion.

No one did.

Statement still stands, I did NOT say UKF made them. If he has information to say that VCB did not indeed have an SA80 that only members could access via addonsync then fine, but no need to abuse people in such a manner.

Mods, delete the last posts and my original one if needed, this is just cluttering up Rocks thread even more now.