Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Well im relocated to the "cold north", its amazing how much difference 200 miles makes its 5 degree colder here than London.

It’s going to be a week or two before I get up to speed properly but all has gone quite well and the Ex is safely 200miles away so I should have more time to make stuff again.

Saddened to hear the news Rock, I hope you get yourself settled again, my little side project for you will be carried on, you know how to get hold of me if you need.

Thanks mate. I've nearly done the MK5 too :p

You can get me on Skype or ring my mobile if you need me.

---------------------------------------------

[Futurama mode ON]Good news everyone...[Futurama mode OFF]

I'm back online and ive gotten some good news:

1. The Harrier is back on - the gentleman that bought the rights has given me full permission to release it as an addon. Actually he demanded it :D He is a member of this community and really wants it released so he’s given me a written waiver. He's asked me not to 'out' him but everyone say thank you to Thomas H.
  2. I’ve nearly finished the Typhoon cockpit system upgrade. This includes

1. Practical information on the MFDs
    2. Reworked HUD symbology inline with the real HUD
    3. experimental Parallax HUD using 3 displays combined.

[*]The website will go live again in 2-3 weeks. It will include online docs for each of the RKSL addon packs as well as expanded explanations and some tutorials about how to get the best out of our addons.

I’ve got some more news but ill wait for the website to go live before posting much more.

Cheers

Rock of the North

good to hear. Any updates on that cessna that was going to be done for CWR or something? i'm pretty sure it was from you guys. not entirely sure though :)

good to hear. Any updates on that cessna that was going to be done for CWR or something? i'm pretty sure it was from you guys. not entirely sure though :)

I gave CWR the updated source for the C182 last week. Obviously i havent had time to sort it myself. But I'm sure if you ask Wolle nicely he can arrange for a stand alone version of it.

I still have the C208 Caravan to finish but it is still on the active list.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Woohoo Harrier!!.... Looking forward to all that comes from RKSL as allways. Paralax HUD? *Goes cross eyed*

Let me be the first say Thanks Thomas H...

Now i need to find out who you are so i can tell you to make rock finish his Tornado!

Rock the North aint so bad, 5 degrees cooler maybe, but everythings at least a fiver cheaper :-D

Yeah, the land of rain and birthplace of the chav. Also home to 90% of the world's Range Rovers (AKA the 'Cheshire set') and plenty of grotesquely overpaid football players driving Ferrari's.

But, as has been alluded to, you can buy a pint for less than £5.

Yeah, the land of rain and birthplace of the chav. Also home to 90% of the world's Range Rovers (AKA the 'Cheshire set') and plenty of grotesquely overpaid football players driving Ferrari's.

But, as has been alluded to, you can buy a pint for less than £5.

I thought Chavs were an Essex invention that spread like the plague. But I know exactly what you mean about the grossly over paid footballers. I've seen enough of them at my old man's golf club.

And for the first time in about 7 years i bought a pint today that cost less than £3.

Anyway I’m settling in, enjoying helping my nieces with their homework and the clean(er) air of the Lancashire moors. I still haven’t setup my main PC - got some re-decorating to do first - yet but I’ve already begun to make plans.

Now i need to find out who you are so i can tell you to make rock finish his Tornado!

Sadly Thomas isn’t the one that bought the Tornado models. Just the Harrier and a few other things.

I do have an intention to revisit the Tornado strictly for ArmA2 I just don’t know when it will happen just yet.

I thought Chavs were an Essex invention that spread like the plague. But I know exactly what you mean about the grossly over paid footballers. I've seen enough of them at my old man's golf club.

And for the first time in about 7 years i bought a pint today that cost less than £3.

Anyway I’m settling in, enjoying helping my nieces with their homework and the clean(er) air of the Lancashire moors. I still haven’t setup my main PC - got some re-decorating to do first - yet but I’ve already begun to make plans.

Sadly Thomas isn’t the one that bought the Tornado models. Just the Harrier and a few other things.

I do have an intention to revisit the Tornado strictly for ArmA2 I just don’t know when it will happen just yet.

Shame about the Tornado, I would really love to see it in arma, that combined a bomblet dispenser would be great.

I see your in the lancashire moors, The only place i can think of is burnley, Cause anymore west of that its pretty much flat. You'll soon realise that the North is better than the South by far.

Any chance of an OpFor/Civilian C208 Caravan? As much as I love the AN-2 (especially with good radial sounds) I find it a bit low on performance and a bit too easy to get to. If going civilian, it might be a good idea with a little neutral color scheme to give it a bit more multi purpose.

Any chance of an OpFor/Civilian C208 Caravan? As much as I love the AN-2 (especially with good radial sounds) I find it a bit low on performance and a bit too easy to get to. If going civilian, it might be a good idea with a little neutral color scheme to give it a bit more multi purpose.

It was part of the plan but all plans are now subject to change. Especially in light of the some of the attitudes displayed in the PBO lock thread. ;)

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

...Hope life is panning out ok for you Rock.

Oh i now have a regular hangover and im knackered form travelling but its turning out to be a rather nice life :o

Oh i now have a regular hangover and im knackered form travelling but its turning out to be a rather nice life :o

Glad tha't enjoying life in't North mate , its ok once tha get's use t'ut smell !

Coincidentally a Merlin flew low over here earlier in the week , did a lap of Sheffield and flew on ..quite cool , mind you at that height its best they kept moving , buggers round here would have had it on bricks . budummm ..ahhhthankyaww:yay:

...ill get my coat

@RKSL-Rock: Hehe, roger that. Was kinda expecting that response ;) Then again, attitudes are attitudes, especially there. Very well, hope you reconsider. Might have been fun.

Coincidentally a Merlin flew low over here earlier in the week , did a lap of Sheffield and flew on ..quite cool , mind you at that height its best they kept moving , buggers round here would have had it on bricks . budummm ..ahhhthankyaww:yay:

...ill get my coat

That sounds more like Manchester than Sheffield :p

Glad tha't enjoying life in't North mate , its ok once tha get's use t'ut smell !

Well to be honest ive not spent much time in the North West. Ive been mooching around Scotland, Bristol and Stafford. I only seem to go "home" to do laundry :p

@RKSL-Rock: Hehe, roger that. Was kinda expecting that response ;) Then again, attitudes are attitudes, especially there. Very well, hope you reconsider. Might have been fun.

Well i'm not going to start that debate in here, but that thread is of concern to a lot of people since it shows a rather disturbing lack of manners and respect for other people's property. And with a small percentage always willing to steal anything not nailed down then I have to consider my own position very carefully don't I. That thread has opened a lot of eyes and as a result will have an effect. There is already a debate about going underground in my own gaming group. It will be sad if it happens but I think it won't take much to make it inevitable.