Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Have you opened the cargo system again or is it still on standby??

Definitely, maybe, kinda, probably sort of thing :D

Its something we want to do but its going to take time and right now neither UNN or I have much of that. We're working on the UAV's atm, which is going to be quite complicated but very special if all goes well.

After that we'll see.

I've noticed some of the Typhoons have conformal fuel tanks, now I am mainly obsessed with American aircraft, but I don't think I've ever seen a real-life photo of a Typhoon with CFTs. How much fuel do they add?

I was rather shocked when flying around, I noticed the aircraft only has 8,000 lbs or so of internal fuel according to the one of the cockpit MFDs.

I've noticed some of the Typhoons have conformal fuel tanks, now I am mainly obsessed with American aircraft, but I don't think I've ever seen a real-life photo of a Typhoon with CFTs. How much fuel do they add?

I was rather shocked when flying around, I noticed the aircraft only has 8,000 lbs or so of internal fuel according to the one of the cockpit MFDs.

CFTs are still in development for the RAF.

CFT-shot2.jpg

The current CFT proposal calls for 2x 1500l tanks. But figures from 1000l to 1750l per tank depending on the source.

The total fuel is still not public but it is assumed to be:

• 7000lbs Internal fuel.
  • 1000lbs centerline fuel tank.
  • 2x max 1500lbs drop tanks. or 1000/1100 options.

Unfortunately ArmA's engine doesnt really support variable fuel quantities, adding or removing fuel tanks are a purely cosmetic feature just liek a lot of the MFD displays.

IIRC back in ofp most of the planes addon that had removable fuel tanks had a script wich makes the fuel in the plane less , so maybe a new script for arma 2 ? :>

IIRC back in ofp most of the planes addon that had removable fuel tanks had a script wich makes the fuel in the plane less , so maybe a new script for arma 2 ? :>

And when you removed them, went to a refuel truck and refueled you got the same amount of fuel as when you had them. Which kinda makes it pointless doesnt it.

And when you add in the ability to changes the aircraft loadout at will it adds another level of issues.

I really dont think its worth it given the size of the current islands.

And when you removed them, went to a refuel truck and refueled you got the same amount of fuel as when you had them. Which kinda makes it pointless doesnt it.

Just thinking hypothetically here, but it would also be possible to add a variable to an aircraft that is carrying removable tanks which tracks the extra fuel it is carrying.

Give it an arbitrary value, measured in lbs or whatever, then add a long delay script loop to the aircraft (60 sec?) that checks the amount of fuel it has left. While our custom fuel tank variable is still above zero, keep topping up the actual fuel in the aircraft while deducting an appropriate amount from the extra tanks. Once they're empty, the aircraft keeps using up its normal fuel amount as normal, and refuelling would still cap out at the usual limit.

Like you said, it may be a pointless endeavour, but this is one way you could - in theory - do it better than back in the old days. :)

the wrong part there is someone steal work of others and try resell it or reuse w/o permission which is reason why You must proactively use C&D and lawyer's help

one of ways how protect own work is use special watermarks which are injected into textures and models and you can read them with special software (sort of like unique key)

which is very useful in court case ...

Who are the stupid clients that actually pay for models from dubious model sites , thus upholding the thievery...

This is very sad to me, as I was so much hoping for a Tornado or a C17 in Arma2...

But,whatever your decision, it's your work; we have no say in your choices.

Rock, Thank you for the quality of the mods you released so far.

Edited by jadehorus

whats goin on with everything then rock

I've just split up with my Mrs so don't expect much for a while untill i get a new place.

I don't know if thats good or bad news.

I can do without sarcy comments from you or anyone else right now. Go troll somewhere else.

I can do without sarcy comments from you or anyone else right now. Go troll somewhere else.

No problem! I hope you understand that I just hope you don't quit making addons

as you quit your relationship.

No problem! I hope you understand that I just hope you don't quit making addons

as you quit your relationship.

Are you been intentionally offensive or are you just this thoughtless?

Sorry to hear about this

Wish u good luck for the future

Understandable if u need time off, however long it may take

Gutted to hear that mate. I hope it turns out better for the two of you. In the meantime, you have my thoughts.

Ah no! Truly sorry to hear mate. I know, kinda hard accepting it from someone you don't know over the net, but I truly do feel for you. I've not had to go through it personally, but have seen it happen with family more than once and can understand to an extent.

I pray everything goes well for you both and whatever happened is repairable. Hang in there bud! :)

On a side note: You people see the man is in a bad spot right now, and you show more concern over him continuing making addons for a stupid game? Seriously?! The selfishness of some people around here never ceases to amaze me.... ::shaking head::

I'm sure all will sort itself out in time pal, it usually does, and yes I have been there myself.

Take your time real life issues are always way more important.

I do find it amazing that even though you posted a real life issue - some are more worried about your add ons than your welfare (evident here to what I just mentioned above) :rolleyes:

I do find it amazing that even though you posted a real life issue - some are more worried about your add ons than your welfare

If thats directed at me, then thats not true, I even sent him a message telling him

he read my words in a wrong manner and telling him to keep his head up.

Personal life is always more important than addonmaking.

And since his relationship sunk like the Titanic, he has enough reasons to take a big

break.

Are you been intentionally offensive or are you just this thoughtless?

from somebody that released this:

d1jl05.png

I'd say the second

Hey rock! Stay up and keep your headup man! Hope things can work out smoothly in time