Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

I would like to bold this since it's a good idea. Steganography :)

Every RKSL/W2S model is digitally water marked. I've been doing it since 2006

support your decisions Rock

Edited by killkid

*removed post because apperently i'm stepping on something.

Edited by DaSquade

A "community" full of spoiled little bitches. Such a shame.

I support you 100% in your decisions Rock, you wont ever hear any complaints about your choices from me.

Its shit like this that makes me glad that I dropped out of modding for the community when I did. And that is truly sad.

You aren't obliged to make addons. BIS didn't have to release the modding tools as well. If you sold some models and are pissed that somebody could steal them then welcome to the real world. You don't have to make addons, the community doesn't have to drool over you and want to download them.

You aren't obliged to make addons. BIS didn't have to release the modding tools as well. If you sold some models and are pissed that somebody could steal them then welcome to the real world. You don't have to make addons, the community doesn't have to drool over you and want to download them.

Ah someone else that didn't actually read what i posted properly. Try again. ;)

ugh did you read anything

A "community" full of spoiled little bitches. Such a shame.

I support you 100% in your decisions Rock, you wont ever hear any complaints about your choices from me.

Its shit like this that makes me glad that I dropped out of modding for the community when I did. And that is truly sad.

make shit ignore people works too, but.... (not for you,rock)

Where's the "ignore this fuckwit's posts button"?

Here :)

Here :)

Lol what a great feature.

to keep on topic, i'm sure there are lots of people in the community that really appriciated RKSL's work, since back in the OFP day.

Edited by arkengel

You have an interesting definition of a flame war.

Unfortunately, you don't have any control over that. If you feel that a rule is being broken, you can report it to a moderator. I have seen no moderation in this thread involving me so far, so I can only assume that no rule is being broken. Thank you for your interest.

It always amuses me when people who start a thread think they 'own' it. I guess the problem with 'public discussion' is the public, eh Rock?

Why is it you always have to behave like a pompous wanker?

It always amuses me when people who start a thread think they 'own' it. I guess the problem with 'public discussion' is the public, eh Rock?

Amuses you why? As far as I'm concerned a mod/addon maker does own the thread they start to every extent within the rules of the forum (ie they can't be a dick bossing people around making up their own rules but they can say "hey enough questions about that pleas" or "let's stick to this topic please" or what not).

So in the RKSL thread if RKSL-Rock or another RKSL member asks you to stop asking about something, stop discussing one topic or another you should respect that, you're welcome to create your own mod thread to discuss your own mod in :)

Unfortunately, you don't have any control over that ..... It always amuses me when people who start a thread think they 'own' it.

Fuck .... the tiny bit of credability you might have had in this community, you just keep pushing the "flush" button on don't you.

i read the last 20 pages or so and out of the whole thing i dont understand why someone who made a tool to rip models would release it publicly instead of using it to rip models and sell them. as thats what the tool is for anyway.

it sucks as i was looking forward to the f16.

im also curious, how can you tell its your model anyway? and if you can somehow tell that is your own model cant you sue whoever else put it on a website for sale?

also why do you say you wasted 2 years? - if many wont be released because they have been sold (by you) to someone that allows you to release them for free as long as they wont be easily modified (and they now are) it means you still got the money for your work right, even though you cant release them to us (which isnt a big deal, we'll survive, as opposed to whoever tries to steal other peoples models or whatever)

in any case thanks for the work uve done, i played the typhoon and i liked it :)

Edited by MirindoR

i read the last 20 pages or so and out of the whole thing i dont understand why someone who made a tool to rip models would release it publicly instead of using it to rip models and sell them. as thats what the tool is for anyway

The tool itself was most likely created for community benefit. Back in Arma certain models were not released so a tool had to be created to de-binarize them so that they may be examined and/or modified to become future addons, no illegal intent was there and I doubt the creator of this one had any negative intentions either.

Edited by NodUnit

also why do you say you wasted 2 years?

Because countless hours have been spent to turn the models into super addons, that cannot be release anymore.

Coming back from my holiday and reading this topic really makes me feel sad. Sorry about your problems Rock.

Sorry also to see some people within this community really have no idea............you make things worse. You don't make things work at all........

This is all I'll say on that, since it is OT, but I didn't bring up the discussion of the dangers of the ODOL tool. The thread owner did. ;)

AFAIR, RKSL-Rock just stated what it means for him personally and for the planned addons.

it means you still got the money for your work right,

And if the people who he sold the models to find out they've been used and / or modified elsewhere, Rock will have to pay that money back with penalties. And you DO understand that we are probably not talking about thousands or tens of thousands of pounds but way over that... Would you be willing to risk the income from the rest of your life on the good will or the morals of this community?

RKSL-Rock

I just wanted to thankyou for all the work you've put in over the years to bring us some of the best addons made. Extra kudos for all the brit stuff too !

Its sad to see threads go this way, I for one wish you all the luck for your future, whatever that may hold :)

RKSL-Rock

I just wanted to thankyou for all the work you've put in over the years to bring us some of the best addons made. Extra kudos for all the brit stuff too !

Its sad to see threads go this way, I for one wish you all the luck for your future, whatever that may hold :)

+1 :)

I wonder what you mean by credibility, and how my statement about thread owners 'moderating' their own threads has anything to do with it.

The only ones moderating here are we, the moderators, that's a fact. The only thing one can do is reporting problematic posts and we look at it. If we decide to act then we do, if not then not.

And if we decide not to act then we also won't act if dozens of people report it. ;)

And please refrain from making these pointless +1 / +2 posts. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

I wonder what you mean by credibility, and how my statement about thread owners 'moderating' their own threads has anything to do with it.

Regardless of what Placebo says, I can't control what people put in the WIP thread any more than I'm being physically barred from this thread right now. This lesson was hard learnt. If thread starters are all of a sudden getting this power, I would like to know about it.

Starting a general thread and starting an information/discussion thread for your specific mod are two very different things, if you wanted to discuss my moderating decision you were welcome to PM me, continuing to argue/discuss/ignore it = ignoring a moderator's instruction which usually (and in this case) leads to an infraction, whether you agree with my decision or not you have to respect it, that's why I wear the long trousers, well except when it's warm like today.