Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

will it use the OA flare system?

No. I still believe the RKSL system is better. With the IR targets more practical when used pre-emptively. The AI go after them rather than you. Which isn't an option in the BIS OA system.

I got a question, looks great... is it coming with all those weapon variants?

another question do you need to run Flare system / Core system to run this?

since the merlin runs fine without it

I got a question, looks great... is it coming with all those weapon variants?

Yes, its coming out with the Weapons pack. there are currently 11 predefined loadouts covering most of the approved weapons load For the Typhoon.

rock' date=' are the thermal maps done?[/quote']

Not at the moment but by the time you get it, probably yes they will be.

another question do you need to run Flare system / Core system to run this?

since the merlin runs fine without it

Yes, you WILL need them. So does the new Merlin. You may have been able to run the Merlin without them but you will see errors in the RPT without it and may see some on screen errors messages.

Frankly Im a bit tired of answering Support requests about missing addons, "personal versions" and Sarmat related versions so its now a required addon. And before anyone asks. There wont ever be a version without it. The flares do not interfere with arrowhead, or arma2. They've both been play tested this week so no issues there.

will it be compitable with ACE? thats the only thing that iam scared of that it will not work right (the systems)

will it be compitable with ACE? thats the only thing that iam scared of that it will not work right (the systems)

Or perhaps ACE2 won't be compatible with it?

I'm not a fanboy or ACE user. I'm strongly of the opinion that mods shouldnt break other mods. Which is why we take great pains not to inflict our scripted systems upon other people's work. IF our stuff doesnt work with ACE it will probably be down to ACE. You could try asking ACE (or anyone else) to become compatible with us and the rest of the community. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a "ACE-Hater" post but its not. Its just a statment of my opinion. One that i KNOW alot of addon makers share.

It will surely be compatible with ArmA 2. And afaik (at least it says on my DVD box) the name of the game is "ArmA 2".

:EDITH:

beaten by 1 minute by Rock

Edited by [FRL]Myke

It will surely be compatible with ArmA 2. And afaik (at least it says on my DVD box) the name of the game is "ArmA 2".

wow I never knew Ace 2 came in a box

when the typhoon out

I forgot to post a note. Sorry, it should have been yesterday but we've found some issues with the 2.03 Flares and CBA that previously went unreported. As well as with my really crap attempts at scripting. UNN is fixing them and we are going to retest everything tonight time permitting.

In the mean time im adding in some of the changes/features that were slated for a future version:

• Improved After Burner action
  • Auto/Manual After Burner switches
  • Toning down Vapour effects
  • Modified Handling - roll rate increased 15% (blame Soul Assassin :D)
  • Modified armour balance
  • HUD adjustments
  • RVMAT Tweaks

When are you going to release the authentic Rockape Sangar addon? :D

When are you going to release the authentic Rockape Sangar addon? :D

'ello there mi' ole tart.

Hmm do you mean the one with the sofa, 50" TV with 5.1 Surround sound and Blueray player?

Or the poor Light Infantry copy with the old ration box seats and a 8 year old copy of Razzle on a string?

;)

Hmm do you mean the one with the sofa, 50" TV with 5.1 Surround sound and Blueray player?

Or the poor Light Infantry copy with the old ration box seats and a 8 year old copy of Razzle on a string?

;)

:yay::bounce3:

Thats just tooo funny.

;)

Good to see you haven't lost any bite you old fart ;)

Looking forward to the Typhoon release, can't wait, sounds fantastic...........

Myke;1670200']It will surely be compatible with ArmA 2. And afaik (at least it says on my DVD box) the name of the game is "ArmA 2".

+1 Epic response!

Rock, your work is like a piece of fine art! You and your team are one of my favorite addon makers. Its people like you and the people in your team that make ARMA2 great. Thanks very much!

+1 Epic response!

Rock, your work is like a piece of fine art! You and your team are one of my favorite addon makers. Its people like you and the people in your team that make ARMA2 great. Thanks very much!

Yep, that was an epic response, wasn't it?

And, totally agree with his comments, Rock :)

You could try asking ACE (or anyone else) to become compatible with us and the rest of the community.

Now you mentioned, I might just do that! LOL

Now you mentioned, I might just do that! LOL

Haha, I can't believe I missed that response from Rock as well... awesome :D

how did the testing go rock and is the flares and community base addons like each other yet