Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Looks fantastic rock! Just wondering if the targeting pod will have some functionality to it?

Not in the first release. We have a "system" planned that will give proper targetting pod functionality but its still some time off. UNN doesnt have much time right now.

Stunning as always Rock!

What sort of progress are the Typhoons and Tonkas at? Can we expect them soon?

Stunning as always Rock!

What sort of progress are the Typhoons and Tonkas at? Can we expect them soon?

Typhoon BETA1 very soon. - Although that may slip due to reworks.

Tornado still 2 months plus. It needs some serious work before its really presentable.

Yet another quick and dirty Typhoon video. This time a slightly higher 1080i res and some more explantion and close up of the HUD itself. SP this time featuring the new HUD in Air-to-air mode.

I got asked to explain the Air-to-Air aspects. I didnt do a very good job but all of this was shot in 10 mins with no prep so you'll have to excuse the crappy voice over.

pMkNMyghSOM

As with everything WIP, many many things may yet change and the world may end tomorrow, who knows.

rock you and your team never stop amazing me with your addons thats outstanding as usual and i am waiting in bated breath for any of your releases :D that island looks massive:rolleyes:

much respect

DF

Edited by DarkFenix100
please teach me to spell !! :S

Quote:

As with everything WIP, many many things may yet change and the world may end tomorrow, who knows.

EndQuote

19 months left ok...

Take your time..

Nice video. Looking forward to play around with the typhoon when its released.

A question came up when seeing the video. Is Boa Verde cancelled since you have started work on the new one, Ilha Marrom??

Nice video. Looking forward to play around with the typhoon when its released.

A question came up when seeing the video. Is Boa Verde cancelled since you have started work on the new one, Ilha Marrom??

Its best to think of Boa Verde as a prototype. I gave it to a few friends and asked for their ideas re the island. The general consensus was that it just wasn't varied enough. Too many low rolling areas without any terrain cover. This brought up questions about performance and view distance issues people have had.

The problem being that the more open and flatter the terrain the more it might have an impact on peoples performance. It was suggested that i should add more valleys and ravines to limit the players horizon so that it might help with MP performance. The theory being that if you can only see 1km to the valley wall the engine only needs to draw 1km no matter what your setting are at. It kind of evens the playing field so to speak.

So I started on a new and improved version. Then I hit up a few other issues so Ilha Marrom got started. Then a few other issues sprang to mind so I started developing a new project... More details of which I will publish in a week or so time permitting. Boa Verde might reappear in the larger project but right now its just shelved waiting a new lease of life.

i always look forward to your stuff and can not wait for the latest stuff to be release,so with a big thank you from operation reality keep up the great work

As some people have guessed we were asked to support PC Format's ArmA2 MP Game event: Chernerus Rhapsody by providing a 'special' addon.

So we gave them the Merlin HC3 Beta to play with.

RKSL-OPCH-Merlin-HC3-004_sml.jpg

RKSL-OPCH-Merlin-HC3-003_sml.jpg

RKSL-OPCH-Merlin-HC3-002_sml.jpg

RKSL-OPCH-Merlin-HC3-001_sml.jpg

The addon has changed a bit from what was previously mentioned. Below is a list of upto date features:

• Auto/Manual Landing gear toggle
  • *Auto/Manual Doors toggle*
  • *Switchable Copilot Position* - Allows the copilot to take control of the aircraft and vice versa.
  • Cockpit System Audio Warnings - Bitchin' Betty
  • Fully Instrumented cockpit and warnings
  • Integrated Self Destruct script to make vehicle respawning easier in Domination etc
  • Laser Designator in the Optical Turret.
  • 3 Versions
    • Unarmed (U) - holds 34 cargo
    • *Gun (G) - 3x GPMG - One either side and one on the Ramp with 30 cargo slots*
    • *Cargo © - 2x GPMG - One either side with space in the back for cargo.*

* These features aren't yet implemented in the BETAs or still in Dev and may change or be deleted.

A few words about Flight Models

Due to various reasons the Flight Model Switching has been dropped. I could list them all but it would be counter productive. As previously stated in the Lynx Release thread I'm sick of little boys telling me how helicopters should fly. Especially since i have big boys and girls who actually fly them telling me the exact same thing. The difference being that they know how they really fly, while the little boys don't. So what does this mean for the addons in game? Well it means I'm adopting the "You'll take what you've been given or lump it" approach so often favoured by pissed off addons makers everywhere.

Very Early Beta Release Date

Since PC Format's Game event: Chernerus Rhapsody begins tonight there will be a public BETA version available tomorrow. Followed quite soon by the new versions of the Lynx and Pumas (probably Sunday).

Sit tight

Rock

Edited by RKSL-Rock

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Cannot wait!!! :)

Just wondering if the ArmAII pic on the merlin is optional or always on the model?

Edited by Schancky

That'll doo the triiick! great work

Rock, That merlin looks immense and i cant wait to get my hands on it tomorrow, I hope it handling surpasses the handling of the merlin in FSX:accel.

Anyway i was wondering, as it just sprang to mind, do you have any plans to create the Bae 146 CC2?

http://www.raf.mod.uk/downloads/wallpapers/bae/bae146-125_01_1280.jpg

I think it would make a brilliant addition to your impending fleet :-D

Just wondering if the ArmAII pic on the merlin is optional or always on the model?

No that was just for the PC Format Event.

Anyway i was wondering, as it just sprang to mind, do you have any plans to create the Bae 146 CC2?

http://www.raf.mod.uk/downloads/wallpapers/bae/bae146-125_01_1280.jpg

I think it would make a brilliant addition to your impending fleet :-D

I have plans for some regional jets but i wasnt planning on doing the Queens colours CC2 but it could happen.

:-D just make sure you create a 'queen' character, Im sure a few people in my clan would love to play as a queen as they are already pretty good at it.

That BAe-146 idea is a good one...especially if it were an STA version. But seeing as the STA was cancelled, I doubt there's much chance of that happening.

That BAe-146 idea is a good one...especially if it were an STA version. But seeing as the STA was cancelled, I doubt there's much chance of that happening.

The cargo conversions of the 146 is currently enjoying a revival. There is talk of converting some of the older airframes as military transports. An airbridge of sorts:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/02/11/338269/bae-146-could-be-transport-stopgap.html

The Merlin looks beautiful, great job on the details.

Beautiful Merlin, can't wait.........

:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Sorry guys something came up today that's knocked me off schedule.

I got blindsided by some last minute real life issues and its means I'm going to push the release back 24hours or so. It should be available Saturday afternoon or evening UK time.

Oki Doke matey, look forward to then testing them before champions league final :P