Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Rock your nothing but a liar.

You promised me a platinum version!! :D:yay:

The above was a joke. But it was meant to look serious. Seriously though, great bird.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Lets hope people actually use the addon to make it all worthwhile ;)

Well 4 teams are using already with no complaints... Its just a shame that some people cant be trusted to tell the truth or keep stuff private.

And if no one but our teams use it then its still been a job worth doing. Personally i make stuff for myself and myfriends first and the community second. Your opinion really doest matter to me in the slightest.

Rock your nothing but a liar.

You promised me a platinum version!! :D:yay:

The above was a joke. But it was meant to look serious. Seriously though, great bird.

But its not finished yet mate. Give me time. We're still working on it. Its a bit delayed because our main technical consultant is currently in Afghanistan flying around. By the time gets back it should be all done bar the platinum coating.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

:D Glad to hear your still planning on turning your bird into a flying piece of currency.

As for this...

And if no one but our teams use it then its still been a job worth doing. Personally i make stuff for myself and myfriends first and the community second. Your opinion really doest matter to me in the slightest.

I'm gonna get my ass lit on fire for this but I believe that's how it should be. Anybody who demands a release date, etc. etc. are normally smacktards. Impatient smacktards. The true fans of mods/addons tend to patiently wait in the shadows. I'm not saying "if your a true fan don't post", i'm just saying that if there are 10 true fans posting in a thread there are 100 or more who don't post.

Don't be discouraged by the greedy little people trying to bite your hands off. That's what shotguns are for after all.

I take it the "I'm a whiney baby that cant be arsed to learn to fly" mode will resemble the BIS flight model?

Can't wait to try the finished product.

I take it the "I'm a whiney baby that cant be arsed to learn to fly" mode will resemble the BIS flight model?

Can't wait to try the finished product.

Think more of "helicopter with stabilisers" fitted.;)

I was going to use a set object texture to turn the entire thing pink but I was talked out of it due to MP teamplay issues.

Can you put a pink texture in anyway? :o

Your Merlin is giving me the horn, well done mate!

Anyway... its coming soon kids. Learn to fly or get a sense of humour. :D

Thank god I know how to laugh. Don't much like the idea of killing players due to poor flying, not that I do, just don't want to start. Anyways I got a feeling this addons going to give me a good excuse to spend some hrs in the editor ;)

Now if only I could re-create the "Merlin challenge" somehow....... :P

Hahaha. Nice one Rock. Will the flight model for pansy mode be BF:BC2 status? Also, MAKE IT PINK in little girl mode.

That Merlin looks very nice.

It's probably a little too far off to tell, but do you intend to arm the Tornado GR4 with ALARM?

I was going to use a set object texture to turn the entire thing pink but I was talked out of it due to MP teamplay issues.

I beg you Rock, Make it turn pink when enabled. It's the only thing that can shame them!

Thats rather creative, Though I just has an idea about the cabin sign. If it said something like "Inexperienced Pilot in Control of vehicle, be ready to eject" then it provides a headsup for any infantry unfortunate enough to be stuck in the chopper with the noob pilot.

Rock: I've also just been asked via Skype why I've chosen to do this. Since some people believe it is intended to humiliate them... That's the point kids.

LMAO! :D

Thank you for making me piss myself of laughter right in the morning. Even though i saw this on armaholic that line was new to me. And the Merlin looks bitchin hot! :) Great work as usual.

Now if only I could re-create the "Merlin challenge" somehow....... :P

I'm working on that... I have some ideas but it needs some special addons and quite a lot of scripting. :D

Hahaha. Nice one Rock. Will the flight model for pansy mode be BF:BC2 status? Also, MAKE IT PINK in little girl mode.
I beg you Rock, Make it turn pink when enabled. It's the only thing that can shame them!

The flight model will be "dumbed down" to something like the BIS flight model but not quite. I couldnt quite bring myself to break it that much.

Its hard to describe but just like the proper flight model has been tested by an actual RAF Merlin pilot. The "pansy" mode has been tested by 4 actual children aged 5, 7, 8 and 9 3/4. They seem to like it. But the two oldest said they preferred the proper one really. They actually said was: "It's easier but the proper one is more fun".

But it seems people on this forum want it no matter how shit it is... so much for "we want realism", go figure.

And regarding the "Pink" skins. I did make a Pink test version of it for an MP game. It was ruled "tactically unfair" by both sides. The BLUFOR were complaining that they could be seen from miles away. While the OPFOR were rendered ineffective from laughing too hard.

Besides the 8 year old girl who test flew it said: " it would be sexist if you painted it pink and called it 'girly mode.'" So I shan't. Anya would never speak to me again if i did. ;)

Thats rather creative, Though I just has an idea about the cabin sign. If it said something like "Inexperienced Pilot in Control of vehicle, be ready to eject" then it provides a headsup for any infantry unfortunate enough to be stuck in the chopper with the noob pilot.

No chance. The entire point of the sign is to make sure that the passengers know the person flying is a lazy ungrateful so-and-so that needs to use "stabilisers" on his helicopter.

I strongly beleive that if people want to fly in MP then they should take the time to learn the aircraft offline. Its not hard to set up a helicopter and practice in the editor is it?

I'll be honest the only reason I'm actually adding this "feature" is to register my disgust with that whining few. I find it incredulous that people scream for more realism and realistic flight models etc. Then once they get it, the very same people start bitching that its unrealistic. Especially when what they really mean "its just too hard for me" and they cant be arsed to take the time to learn to fly it properly. Not to mention, I find it all rather insulting not only to myself but to the people that have spent their free time contributing to this addon.

For just this model alone five serving members of the RAF, one Danish AF officer and several people from Westlands have given up quite a lot of their time to help me get it right. They have provided pictures, descriptions and literally hundreds of hours of advice in the development of not just the model but the flight models as well.

I just think that some people expect the world to be altered to suit them. So yes I will add the feature, but i don't think the passengers should be penalised by giving others a 'bright pink aiming point'. Just the "pilot". I may even add a sound alarm when its activated we'll see.

LMAO! :D

Thank you for making me piss myself of laughter right in the morning. Even though i saw this on armaholic that line was new to me. And the Merlin looks bitchin hot! :) Great work as usual.

You are quite welcome. :P

People's responses have been hilarious. I've had several anonymous emails as a result of this latest WIP news. It seems there are several very upset people out there that think I am singling them out for ridicule. Coincidentally two of them are also the ones that have been repeatedly bitching that the Lynx and Puma flight models are unrealistic. And spreading crap about MP issues and the flare system causing server crashes. (my fucking arse it does)

One is 14, an other is 17. You can guess how much flight experience they actually have compared to the Lynx's test pilot. A Lt Commander with the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm 2500+ hours on AH7, HAS3 and HMA8. And the Puma's lead tester, ex RAF squadron Leader with over 1500 hours on Pumas.

...It's probably a little too far off to tell, but do you intend to arm the Tornado GR4 with ALARM?

Yes you will be able to arm the Tonka with ALARMs. But until we create a scripted Anti radiation system it will just be like most any other missile I'm afraid.

I loled hard at ^^.

Just to compare, right now we have any "proper" flight model in some addon\mod?

I loled hard at ^^.

Just to compare, right now we have any "proper" flight model in some addon\mod?

Im not sure what you are "loled hard at"?

Just to clarify in this context we're defining the 'proper' flight model as the one intended to be used. ie has more realsitic roll,pitch and yaw rates compared to the BIS stock. It also handles somewhat more "realistically" than the "optimised for mouse" helicopters we currently have.

LoLed @

While the OPFOR were rendered ineffective from laughing too hard.
it would be sexist if you painted it pink and called it 'girly mode.'

etc...

Just asked if there is something similar to yours flight model at the moment in any other mod\addon, to get used to it... =)

And regarding the "Pink" skins. I did make a Pink test version of it for an MP game. It was ruled "tactically unfair" by both sides. The BLUFOR were complaining that they could be seen from miles away. While the OPFOR were rendered ineffective from laughing too hard.

Besides the 8 year old girl who test flew it said: " it would be sexist if you painted it pink and called it 'girly mode.'" So I shan't. Anya would never speak to me again if i did. ;)

pinksnatch.jpg

Do it you big girl! :cool:

Just asked if there is something similar to yours flight model at the moment in any other mod\addon, to get used to it... =)

Maybe try the Lynx that is already out?

Well, narcotics and alcohol have the same effect on ppl.

As do RKSL stuff..And when we are left out we get abstinence.

Get cranky and so..

I think there is a problem. Great addons like these takes so long that

the Game Devs gets the time to release another version.

ArmA III..

Really looking forwards to the Merlin, Rock.

I have to admit that when I first tried the Lynx and Puma ports I was a bit put off by how they handled, but after having made some tight landings (and shat passengers up by doing stall turns) I'm a convert.