Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Clutter and MP

Is clutter MP friendly?

i.e. is it synchronised on all clients?

I'm considering make a few larger rocks deployed via clutter, but suspect the Clutter system is not meant for that type of thing.

Example: one player hiding behind a large rock that another player can't even see ! lol

I'm not entirely sure but I think clutter is synchronized. A way to test this is to place a unit and check the clutter, then reload and see if it was generated in a different position.

I tried something similar in A1 with clutter rocks, rule of thumb with rocks and clutter, just don't do it. It just won't look right for what you are trying to achieve that a little extra time placing rocks yourself can produce. Also you might end up with rocks in areas you don't want. (like blocking the door to a house)

On my islands I try to keep clutter short except in certain spots like woods or tall grassy fields. The downside to multiplayer on chernarus is not being able to see while prone and your enemy can see you no matter what you do. Making prone targets lose their advantage. Unless a fix for distant clutter is added I try and keep the grass short and place lots of obstacles like rocks and fallen trees ;)

Others might have different opinions. I'm curious myself if clutter is the same for everyone in MP