Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

AWP Warfare [www.awpaholica.com]

About the repairing issues, I've looked into it before and I can't find anything wrong. Then again I guess I could look harder. Will keep it in mind!

1) We are working on a "Unit Cam" Solution, which originated in CTI for OFP1

2) Small arms upgrading option is going to be implemented in the near future. You have tiers of gear. Start with ak-47s and weaker guns and RPG-7 with basic round. As you upgrade you will get stronger guns.

This will be it's own upgrade or combined with the barracks upgrade

3) Not sure what you mean?

About the repairing issues, I've looked into it before and I can't find anything wrong. Then again I guess I could look harder. Will keep it in mind!

1) We are working on a "Unit Cam" Solution, which originated in CTI for OFP1

2) Small arms upgrading option is going to be implemented in the near future. You have tiers of gear. Start with ak-47s and weaker guns and RPG-7 with basic round. As you upgrade you will get stronger guns.

This will be it's own upgrade or combined with the barracks upgrade

3) Not sure what you mean?

Ah so guns will be locked until small arms/barracks is upgraded? interesting idea.

My problem with repairing is that a vehicle can't be repaired unless you (the player) are in it. A vehicle with only an AI crew in it can't be repaired by a repair truck. They try to carry out the order but the vehicles health will not fill up.

and ignore 3, it doesn't matter.

Ive been playing the 1.40, loving the mission, nice work, is there a reason why i cant move and redeploy the MHQ from the original base position?

Edited by mikebart

Ive been playing the 1.40, loving the mission, nice work, is there a reason why i cant move and redeploy the MHQ from the original base position?

You should be able to if you are still commander.

Open the Construction Menu -> Press 1 -> Press Mobilize HQ

There is a rare glitch where you will have to vote another commander, then vote yourself back.

UPDATE: VERSION 1.41 HAS BEEN RELEASED

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binesi View Post

So this is just Warfare BE with come configuration changes or did you make a new Warfare? If it is Benny's work did you mention it somewhere?

Quote:

AwpaholicA Warfare is a modification of the Warfare gamemode originally created by Mike Melvin. It originally started as a small tweaking release of Benny's Warfare BE Lite (Go check it out). It has now graduated into a full warfare modification. We make regular changes to it that are suggested by the community. We are very concerned with what the community thinks and we try to please the general populace.

That's from our MODDB site

Well i get to the point. Someone told me how this mission was basiclly a rip of bennys and you took the credits for it and saying things like benny didnt make it and just made a few changes which is way of the mark. And seems to me you never even played the first arma or you would know that bennys warfare design is nothing like the original version. And when first released it was buggy and had none of the current features you see in warfare be today like command menu. command center and upgrade menu. arty menu. support menu. headbug fix and many other things.

Bennys upgrade system. Bis version didnt have one and never will have.

ccupg.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=69700 First version known as Warfare RBT

Then the name was changed to Warfare BEA and alot more updates and Code optimizations was done.

Quote from that thread with the changelog

Warfare BEA 1.26

Posting this on behalf of benny

Quote:

Changelog (Main things) of V4 & Missions:

- Added: Ability to remove wall by striking 'Delete' Button of your keyboard.

- Added: Ability to select Supply/Salvager respawn location (Command centers).

- Added: Ability to spawn at every buildings.

- Added: AI Markers on map with AI Squad Number.

- Added: Airport units availability inside Aircraft Factory.

- Added: Boat 'push' function.

- Added: Cargo Ejection (based of cr), for cargo choppers.

- Added: Class Actions (Repair/Place Bombs...) inside the Class GUI.

- Added: Command Center act as a 'resupply' point.

- Added: Command Center in an Options Tab (replaced help tab).

- Added: Fast Travel from nearby Command Center.

- Added: 'Graphics' GUI. Player can set View Distance & Terrain Grid.

- Added: Headbug fix button.

- Added: HQ Can be repaired with a repair truck.

- Added: M113 Ambu/ BMP2 Ambu act as Forward Respawn point.

- Added: Mando hitching.

- Added: Misc Addons & tweaked the config to balance the game for both side.

- Added: New outro camera.

- Added: New Walls/Roof.

- Added: Nuke (experimental, Commander only).

- Added: RACS Town patrol scripts.

- Added: RACS will keep sending units wave to BLUFOR & OPFOR Bases as long as the town belong to the RACS side.

- Added: Roof have an auto align in function of nearby wall.

- Added: Supply/Salvager respawn button (Commander only).

- Added: Unit/Sat cam.

- Added: Upgrade System.

- Added: Vehicles bought by player spawned locked, player can lock/unlock them indefinetly.

- Added: Walls have an Align function (based off cr cti).

- ArmAlib: NVG Auto Adjust.

- ArmAlib: Statistics availability (toggleable in InitMission.sqf).

- ArmAlib: TrackIR 6 DOF Support.

- Modified: AI Team leader behaviour (They'll buy light/units/air) in function of their cash.

- Modified: Code optimization (removed unecessary scripts from original warfare).

- Modified: Extended vehicles spawn range from MHQ (starter vehicles/supply/salvager)

- Modified: Game no longer end after MHQ Destruction.

- Modified: GEAR Menu to allow the customization of the player's AI.

- Modified: Revisited some prices.

- Modified: Spawn time 30 seconds.

- Modified: SQF Converting. Most of the server side scripts are SQF'ed (optimization).

- Modified: Town defense patrols (Behaviour:safe, random units).

- Modified: Unflip button now unflip nearby vehicles too, you don't have to be in a vehicle to use it.

- Modified: Walls / Roof cannot be set next to a depot / camp.

- Statistics: Statistics Tracking display: http://xrserver.com/stats click on player name to see there stats

Missions available on:

- SAP Everon 2.0

- Sahrani

- Barbuda

- Alameda

Credits:

- Addons: All credits goes to their originals makers.

- Mission: Mission made by Benny, based of Warfare 1.1.

- Special Thanks:

ZMEY for porting some OFP Models to ArmA.

McFly, for being... him .

Britxr,Scorpionzi,Johnnie Walker,exe,Chris and all the Hotshots clan for their support.

And to all that i forgot to mention .

Basiclly the version bis supplyed never got updated. Had no features. game would end if hq died when moving. Even if you had base. It was buggy and me and many people didnt bother with arma till benny made this and it was the #1 warfare map played. 40 players day and nite.

Sence then when arma 2 was released he started his work on his warfare project and built it from scarch. The menu system. the layout of the factory menu/ wepon menu. command menu. upgrade menu. arty menu. All of that and the mission he built. Not a port. Anyone can tell you the bis warfare on arma had a totally different menu setup where u had to press the T button to access it and was 1 big menu

Now the only bis warfare on arma 2 is known as Superpowers which has totally different menu setup and lacks many features that warfare be has. And the Warfare AWP version you made is basiclly a edited version bennys version which he built was scarch. Because i tested your mission And bennys menu and scripts and all over it. Same option menu and layout and design, Just everythink within the option menu that he built is the same. And if you serious think he didnt build it from scarch then look at the original warfare setup and features then go test superpowers and you will see

So your quote where it says

AwpaholicA Warfare is a modification of the Warfare gamemode originally created by Mike Melvin. It originally started as a small tweaking release of Benny's Warfare BE Lite (Go check it out). It has now graduated into a full warfare modification
Is very wrong. Bennys map aint a small modification of warfare. Its in fact a fully rebuilt modification from scarch based on Mike Melvin warfare. Not ported what so ever.

Bis options menu and wepon menu which is nothing like bennys menu#s and setup

593 kb

Factory menu

383 kb

Thats it. No team menu to ajust certain options or to unflip vehicles or fix headbug. no command menu and special menu which has more menus inside like the arty target menu, support menu and upgrade and so on. What you see in superpowers was pretty much how warfare was on arma but with 1 big menu and tabs.

So i suggust you go check your facts next time before making out didnt build the mission and just modded it when infact thats all you done. When you build a map from scatch at 0kb based on Mike Melvin warfare then you have thr right to call Warfare AWP

By saying what you did. It was like saying benny deserved no credit for the mission you modded when it was his work you modded. You calling warfare a small tweak release and your mission a full warfare mod is just a joke imo when infact its the other way around.

Not only that but half the changes you made to the map you ended up on asking for bennys help on how to do this and that on our forums as zaboo.

Benny doesnt actually mind if people mod his mission and he wasnt really bothered about what you did and said but some of us though it was pretty lame the way you use his mission and basiclly make out it wasnt really his mission. So i decided to say somethink

There be no warfare on arma 2 if he didnt rebuild it. Instead you be playing buggy crcti or superpowers

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100kb

I believe you posted this as a result of poor reading.

Gossamer never said that Benny didn't make it from scratch but that AWP warfare was made as a small modification to Benny's mod which was inspired by Mike Melvin's original warfare.

AWP warfare started as a small mod to benny's much larger warfare but then Gossamer took it and supports changes to it and modifications are all made by him and Al Capwn.

Whats BE?

AWP is excellent, just wish there was a published user guide.

We're working on it, it's just taking a VERY long time :)

@BRIT~XR: Exactly what molson said, except adding on that we are actually coding our own original features for a while now. Anybody that has played is familiar with the Camp Insertion upgrade (it is a REALLY popular feature). I never said that benny didn't make anything too, I'm not taking credit for his work.

You just misinterpreted my sentence. It says [AWP WARFARE] started as a SMALL TWEAK for Warfare BE. It does NOT say Warfare BE is a SMALL TWEAK of Mike Melvin's Warfare.

Edited by GossamerS

I believe you posted this as a result of poor reading.

Gossamer never said that Benny didn't make it from scratch but that AWP warfare was made as a small modification to Benny's mod which was inspired by Mike Melvin's original warfare.

AWP warfare started as a small mod to Benny's much larger warfare but then Gossamer took it and supports changes to it and modifications are all made by him and Al Capwn.

You obviously don't know the background of all this... look at our forums.. its regarding a post zaboo a.k.a. gossamer made there that started this..

http://hotshots.folkersma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2016

(He wanted to be anonymous to fetch any kind valuable information regarding to editing warfareBE into AWP warfare or something !??? like the tons of questions to benny regarding editing and tweaking? and such..,?)

There he states the following:

"even though benny created warfare BE, he doesn't actually own it at all. Warfare BE is scripted using stuff BIS Made. So this basically means people can always just go take anything anybody creates on ArmA II and do what they want with it."

So basicly its like stating the following:

"I could just go download and edit BAS or Mapfact islands without ther permission because BIS made the game and released tools to edit the stuff. Afterwards i just claim it to be made by me."

I guess he only used this statement as an excuse to use Bennys mission (instead of BIS warfare, which is obviously not good enough for mr.?) as template for his own "slightly, minor" tweaked edition of it., then claim it to be AWP warfare. since credit to Benny is nowhere to be found.

Then also, in your mission you have these beautiful information popups.. saying "thanks goes out to the community that helped testing.."

i suppose you meant testing warfareBE with that, since its 99,99% core of your mission ?

Its a sad story people go run around with other peoples work, not even bothering to ask the maker for permission or to give him some credit for his work. (referring to gossamer/zaboo guy's post on our forums, and mission content where the name Benny is nowhere to be found, instead..theres AWP everywhere.).

Show some respect towards others, give them credit if you decide to w*nk around with THER stuff, and if you don't want to.. make your own stuff from scratch, just like benny did... its the least you can do.

Edited by Scorpionzi

"even though benny created warfare BE, he doesn't actually own it at all. Warfare BE is scripted using stuff BIS Made. So this basically means people can always just go take anything anybody creates on ArmA II and do what they want with it."

So your saying he doesn't use the warfare modules and scripts created by BIS? Well that's a load of crap since I know it is. I know what Benny does and I believe I've thanked him on multiple occasions for his work.

And by the way, people can legally take anything they like and do whatever they want with it. Nobody has intellectual property on this game's user created content.

By the way, I've contacted a moderate to remove your post as I'm not going to sit here and read your hate-mongering bullcrap. You can PM me if you have a personal issue with me.

Like I said earlier, it started out as a small tweaking version... and it used to be called Warfare BE [AWP] Lite, but since then we've changed a lot of stuff and added in brand new features that makes it our own.

(He wanted to be anonymous to fetch any kind valuable information regarding to editing warfareBE into AWP warfare or something !??? like the tons of questions to benny regarding editing and tweaking? and such..,?)

It's called asking a developer for help, happens a lot with programmers...

Edited by GossamerS

So your saying he doesn't use the warfare modules and scripts created by BIS? Well that's a load of crap since I know it is. I know what Benny does and I believe I've thanked him on multiple occasions for his work.

And by the way, people can legally take anything they like and do whatever they want with it. Nobody has intellectual property on this game's user created content.

By the way, I've contacted a moderate to remove your post as I'm not going to sit here and read your hate-mongering bullcrap. You can PM me if you have a personal issue with me.

Like I said earlier, it started out as a small tweaking version... and it used to be called Warfare BE [AWP] Lite, but since then we've changed a lot of stuff and added in brand new features that makes it our own.

It's called asking a developer for help, happens a lot with programmers...

Im not saying anything hate-mongoring, im only saying your being quite rude by the things you have done "so far". But sure, let a moderator decide, i have no problems with that.

For the rest..

You should know better.. as you depbo'ed the mission, had a peek in the mission.. Benny only used the constuction menu (wich has been recoded) and high command, for the rest.. no modules whatsoever... all hardcoded from scratch.. one of the reasons why the mission runs this smooth.

asking for help you say?.. i would rather use the term leeching information the way you (ab)use(d) it...

Edited by Scorpionzi

Why the need to get upset?

Everyone who plays AWP Warfare will know it's based on Benny's work, and we at AWP all appreciate what he's done for the community.

brit takes exception to one sentence Gossamer wrote, which he misinterpreted, and now you Scorpionzi (with all of 2 posts before this thread) come in here and attack him too.

What do you want, the name to be reverted to "Warfare BE [AWP]"?

its a principal problem as you have noticed (started by that one and only sentence Gossamer/zaboo posted on our forums, nothing personal, nothing against AWP, nothing else), its not fair towards Benny to use his work and rename it and add some adjustments.. leaving him out of the scene.. whilest the overal majority of the mission is still his work. its the reason why i make such a problem out of it.

Renaming the mission file back.. or add credits to him in the mission briefing or something.. is the least you can do..

Atleast someone cares to show some respect/dignity.. (BigMorgan):)

Edited by Scorpionzi

its a principal problem as you have noticed (started by that one and only sentence Gossamer/zaboo posted on our forums, nothing personal, nothing against AWP, nothing else), its not fair towards Benny to use his work and rename it and add some adjustments.. leaving him out of the scene.. whilest the overal majority of the mission is still his work. its the reason why i make such a problem out of it.

Renaming the mission file back.. or add credits to him in the mission briefing or something.. is the least you can do..

Atleast someone cares to show some respect/dignity.. (BigMorgan):)

I'll add a credit line at mission load then to thank him.

BTW: I have plenty of respect and dignity

Edited by GossamerS

You should rename the mission to Warfare BE (be version) - AWP (AWP version)

Its done like that for ages (MFCTI @CR anyone?) and you should follow that convention

Its just rude to take someone else's work and stick your own name over the original author dont you think?

I could just do the same with your mission, start a new thread and say its mine. You wouldnt like that eh?

You should rename the mission to Warfare BE (be version) - AWP (AWP version)

Its done like that for ages (MFCTI @CR anyone?) and you should follow that convention

Its just rude to take someone else's work and stick your own name over the original author dont you think?

I could just do the same with your mission, start a new thread and say its mine. You wouldnt like that eh?

actually, funny story. Somebody already took awp warfare and called it his own. I don't care though, it's not my right to say to somebody who connects to my server and likes my additions and he wants to add his own and call it his own. That's his decision and not mine to make.

its obvious you don't care.. you already used someone else's work as base for your version... so why would you bother...lol..

But i guess that "IF" you ever bothered to make a mission from scratch.. and put many, many hours of work in it.. you would have spoken different..

Edited by Scorpionzi

Honestly I don't see why it really matters. He gave credit where it was due and it's not like he is making a profit out of it. I've played both game modes and each one has something better than the other.I think that if you have a preferance for one then just concentrate on one and put it on your server and just ignore the other. We don't want a huge argument over a program. I say that it should just be forgotten, because I honestly play both programs on my dedicated server and both get the same amount of people and regulars. Both are fine modifications and we should enjoy what we have altogether.

You guys dont get it do ya,

Its not about wich mission is better, I really don't care, and I don't even play that much.

And Scorp is right, I made a bad example lol.

I don't care though, it's not my right to say to somebody who connects to my server and likes my additions and he wants to add his own and call it his own. That's his decision and not mine to make.

Ofc you cant stop him from doing that, there are no laws in gaming and in the same way we cant stop you, BUT you could be a bit more mature and admit its an addition to the work of someone else.

I guess you are new to releasing stuff here, but check the threads here discussing this verry same theme over and over, with an obvious outcome.

Edited by rundll.exe

...BUT you could be a bit more mature and admit its an addition to the work of someone else.

When has GossamerS ever claimed that AWP Warfare is entirely his own creation? No one has claimed that AWP Warfare is totally their own work, that would be a bald-faced lie.

If a start message giving Benny credit is added, what does it matter what the name is? Frankly renaming it Warfare BE [AWP] would: a. confuse players, since there are several significant differences to each mode; and b. not acknowledge / de-emphasize the amount of time and effort GossamerS and AlCapwn have put into their version.

Have those criticizing GossamerS actually played AWP Warfare? I'd like to invite you guys to join us on the AWP server. Come play with us and let us show you some of the unique changes that GossamerS and AlCapwn have worked so hard to put into their version. I just worry that you guys think that AWP Warfare is nothing but changes to prices and tech-level structure, its much more than that. Additionally, Benny's version has progressed (in some ways) well beyond AWP's version. This would be a different situation if every change in every new release of Benny's mission was incorporated into AWP's, but that's simply not the case.

So again, no one wants to rob Benny of his credit; but renaming it to Warfare BE [AWP] would take due credit away from the AWP scripters who have worked so hard to expand on Benny's work.

Edited by BigMorgan

When has GossamerS ever claimed that AWP Warfare is entirely his own creation? No one has claimed that AWP Warfare is totally their own work, that would be a bald-faced lie.

He said that benny's mission was a mod of BIS warfare, (wich is not the case. It uses some default modules but not the core mission) so anyone could take it and call it his own. Thats bullcrap offcourse

And about renaming the mission: Its just a common convention we always enforced troughout the history of CTI... And it would be good to follow it, unless you base your mission on the standard BIS Warfare.

If proper credit is given in the mission itself its fine by me (but who am I..). Its just quite lame to do, but go ahead.

Confusion is not an issue, if you name the mission consistently people will know its your mod of another warfare mission.

Note that this has nothing to do with the content of the mission and how much time the makers put into it, so it doesnt even matter If I played the missions or not.

Yeah please rename your mission. You dont want to be known for bad manner, do you?

He said that benny's mission was a mod of BIS warfare, (wich is not the case. It uses some default modules but not the core mission) so anyone could take it and call it his own. Thats bullcrap offcourse

So 100% of Benny's code is fully written by himself and he didn't use any of BIS' code?

That's what I thought

Yeah please rename your mission.

I will not, I already said what I'd do and I'm sticking by that.

So 100% of Benny's code is fully written by himself and he didn't use any of BIS' code?

That's what I thought

I will not, I already said what I'd do and I'm sticking by that.

Heres the answer one more time, specialy for you. Having problems reading i suppose?

Im not saying anything hate-mongoring, im only saying your being quite rude by the things you have done "so far". But sure, let a moderator decide, i have no problems with that.

For the rest..

You should know better.. as you depbo'ed the mission, had a peek in the mission.. Benny only used the constuction menu (wich has been recoded) and high command, for the rest.. no modules whatsoever... all hardcoded from scratch.. one of the reasons why the mission runs this smooth.

asking for help you say?.. i would rather use the term leeching information the way you (ab)use(d) it...

High command isn't something specially designed for warfare (rather an multi purpose / universal module) so you can't use that as an excuse to use the mission the way you did.

Also, i don't understand why you don't see what we are trying to say... everybody with "*just a little bit*" common sence would understand..

Edited by Scorpionzi

You both aren't understanding each-other.

You say that he should change the mission or call it Benny's warfare, and for a time it was. But he has put as many man hours into editing and coding changes to the mode that it become something different entirely able to stand with Benny's warfare and be able to be distinguished and recognized as unique and different.

What Gossamer is trying to say is that Benny didn't make the base warfare from scratch but had the modules to edit and expand upon not degrading Benny's work in anyway but merely trying to exemplify that what Benny has done is almost the same as what Gossamer has done in the long run. If you want Benny to have credit he has agreed to put his name in and it would be a message seen by anyone who joins the server.

I believe you both got off on the wrong foot, Gossamer does not respond well to insults to his work or degradations to his character or manor. Gossamer is not trying to steal anyones work and market it as his own but just show that he has made a unique mod out of Benny's warfare. He has in-fact ask for help from Benny with his old account 'Zaboo' this was not a "spy" or anything like that but merely his old user name from a time gone past.

I do believe that you came in here very rudely and inappropriately, if you had a problem you should have PM'ed Gossamer privately.

If you have anything more to say I respectfully request that you do not post it in this thread but instead contact the person the message is directed towards privately to stop this senseless misunderstanding and misplaced grievances