Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

AWP Warfare [www.awpaholica.com]

Gossamer is only using the arguments like "Benny used BIS modules" to justify that its legit to use benny's mission for own purposes.. without crediting him for it (untill now, because we made note of it.)

Gossamer saw the mission code.. so " shud" know how its build.. and still says such things..

I do believe that you came in here very rudely and inappropriately, if you had a problem you should have PM'ed Gossamer privately.

Isn't it obvious why ? still didn't get the point?? he did something inappropriate and this is the result of it. simple as that.

Im already satisfied with Bennys name in mission briefing, but rundll also has a point..

Besides.. the replies Gossamer makes, makes my fingers twinkle to write a reply.. (mainly because hes attitude towards other people (and work) and the ease of how he does his things with it.)

Edited by Scorpionzi

If Benny has a problem with Gossamer using is mod to create his own mod, he should talk to Gossamer himself. Since he's not doing that I think it's clear that he doesn't really care about it. I don't care either, it's just a game and it's about having fun, not moaning about other peoples problems.

You both aren't understanding each-other.

You say that he should change the mission or call it Benny's warfare, and for a time it was. But he has put as many man hours into editing and coding changes to the mode that it become something different entirely able to stand with Benny's warfare and be able to be distinguished and recognized as unique and different.

What Gossamer is trying to say is that Benny didn't make the base warfare from scratch but had the modules to edit and expand upon

Well your facts are actually wrong. Benny used no modules to edit and expand. Bis modules was just to simply buggy to use at the time he built this mission which was when the game first came out back in early july. We actually did a test around that time using bis modules which was simply buggy and laged like hell. no way the mission could of handle so many players and ran bug free if he did use them modules.

Instead he rebuild his own modules and the and scripted this map from 0kb to around 1100kb. Over a period of months when he had the time. His also optimized the code and JIP and then converted most scripts to SQF or somethink.

During that time his also added a number of features. arty menu. support menu. upgrade menu and other useful things. Everythink you use for factory menu to team menu to change your vd etc is his work and not a bis module.

Fact that his map has gone from 0.01 to 0.50 kinda tells you how much work his put into it . And you guys take all this work to start your edited version on and totally rename the mission and all you done to the mission is mainly change things around or removed certain stuff.

And the point most people are trying to make is if i was to edit someones map like crcti which stands for cleanrock and mfcti made by mike melvin then they would be named

CRCTI @ XR

MFCTI @ XR

And not

XRCTI

By removing the name benny gave to his missions is like me renaming crcti to xrcti

When edited versions of warfare should be like

Warfare BE @ XR or Warfare BE @ [AWP] Sence it is a modified version of warfare be.

But benny doesnt care about you using his mission so i leave it at that. But saying things like Benny didn't make the base warfare from scratch but had the modules to edit and expand upon and removing his name from the mission he built is seen as disrespectful to the original author

Im not going to use PM, because everyone should see that this is the wrong way to deal with mods.

I know benny doesnt care much, but that is not my point (in contradiction with Scorp or Brit) Its the point of simply labeling stuff as your own, not specific of benny's but from everyone.

Funny thing is, GossamerS apparently doesnt care much about credits, but he refuses to change the name, so only his own credits are important? Weird stuff.

He has in-fact ask for help from Benny with his old account 'Zaboo' this was not a "spy" or anything like that but merely his old user name from a time gone past.

We never said that, he even has GossamerSolid in his signature, so don't make stuff up.

Edited by rundll.exe
zaboo = GossamerS

Name is irrelevant, but you must have prior permission from whoever originally released the mission/scripts/modules/whatever in the exact same way as you must have permission to use someone's textures/addon or whatever in your own mod, did you have that permission?

The thread gets closed until the issue is resolved.