Sign in to follow this  
Rogue_Trooper

Project Red Bear

As many people have noticed, there is a decided lack of all things Russian in A2. So we have decided to change it.

What this will contain is a CTI style map/Vehicles/Units/weapons some stock and some non stock. The final release will be down-loadable as a complete package.

This is still partially in the planning stage what were looking for is people to come onboard to help create this and see it to the end and as always suggestionsa are greatfully received

The main Mission will be a Mix of domination style play with Warfare style elements and Evolution Style elements to make the game as varied and challenging as possible.

Some of the elements in the Mission/map:

Full use of the Chernarus and Saharani map and islands.

Domination style game play but instead of 1 main target and a secondary there will be 1 main and 2 to 3 secondary missions which will be totally random.

Each Town, totaling 20-30 will be totally random in their content.

Secondary objectives will be totally random,side missions with varying levels of difficulty and content and you'll never know how they might impact the main mission.

Instead of low to non-exist ant air cover.The air cover from enemy will be more realistic.

counter attacks will be apart of each main mission and can come in waves.

Possible features will include;

The need to spend Rubles to buy and repair your gear and buy ammo so each commander will have to be on his game. Or;

Have supply routes throughout the map to feed player bases with regular updated kit and equipment. With limited or no supplies reaching the players base if/when the routes are captured or intercepted.

Also you may find that more than one town or secondary objective might become active at the same time, creating a second front.

The aim of Operation Red Bear, is to put the Russian armed forces against the CDF.

We also aim to have properly fortified towns instead of pieces of kit here there and every where.

Proper AA sites and Working Mobile artillery.

Tactical minefields(depending on fps hit)

Air reinforcements paratroop ed in with C-130 or equivalent instead of unrealistic helicopter. Or if a working Fast Rope system can be implemented.

more realistic ballistic system and load-outs for each soldier class.

Proper webbing and ammo storage system if plausible.

This would be a total coop mission with a TvT release at some point.

Full and comprehensive range card list.

Units Available to Opfor:

All the standard ones that come with ARMA 2 but there will be:

Armour: BTR 80's/T-80's/T-90 command/CHIORNY ORIOL (BLACK EAGLE) Main Battle Tank/2 S 19152 mm HowSP2 (art mobile) the GAZ-2975 "Tigr"

Air (rotor): Mi-28/ka-50/Mi-26. Plus new variants of the Hind.

Fixed wing: MiG 29/An-225/AN-70/SU-35

We will also try to authentically replicate all camouflage patterns/load-outs for all ground/air vehicles.

Ground troops will also be using authenticate setups i.e.

Spetsnaz squads/engineers/pilots/Armour crews/gunners/sniper teams all with proper camouflage.

We will try to make sure that all weapons currently used by the Russian army/air force is applied.

As we go along more things will be added to this list with in the next few weeks and months we hope to create a to-do list for all to check in on.

We are Actively Looking for several people to become involved in this project including:

Artists

3d Modelers

Scripter's

Missions writers

Story writers

Researchers

Please Visit our Site at www.13th-soag.co.uk links to our forum and wiki are there.

Also you can emal me at rogue.trooper@live.com

I like the sound of this one

Some nice vehicles/aircraft i have been requesting in forums in there:yay:

Edited by vasmkd

Sounds like a very good idea. We do need more Russian everything in ArmA2.

Watch this space doing an update(teaser) with our first 3d model later today. It aint complete but looks pretty good.

One update theres more vies on our site:

mi63dshot.jpg

Edited by Rogue_Trooper

Cool

That one wasn't in ur 1st post list

Any more suprises:yay:;)

We aim to please Vasmkd give us a few more days and see what the dev team can rustle up, Stagler cheers but i reckon the wife might complain a bit lol. Oh while i remember were currently still open to suggestion of equipment/vehicles etc for the mod so if we don't have it on our list suggestions welcome.

We aim to please Vasmkd give us a few more days and see what the dev team can rustle up, Stagler cheers but i reckon the wife might complain a bit lol. Oh while i remember were currently still open to suggestion of equipment/vehicles etc for the mod so if we don't have it on our list suggestions welcome.

Any addon u make would be a bonus and joy to play, i'm not complaining if they don't ever get made:) The list u have is already a dream

Some other addons that would please me;)

Don't feel pressured:D

Ka-60 with some FFAR and in this camo http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Kamov-Ka-60/1570802/&sid=5bb0662bfaf195a4efcfe2cee7fbe029

MiG-Skat (ucav) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3499/3470178037_db6cd6162c_o.jpg

Smerch Multiple rocket launcher

BMP-T Terminator

Yak-130

SA-13 Gopher

Buk-M SA-11

Soem nice toys mate i suggest you head over to our forum and stick them on our list were going to close of the list next week so if we think we can do what ur suggesting they may make it in.

Soem nice toys mate i suggest you head over to our forum and stick them on our list were going to close of the list next week so if we think we can do what ur suggesting they may make it in.

Posted some suggestions, thanks for the info

is this the right thread "stuff you would like to see in the mod"

thank you

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

there are no letters on my mail and i cant confirm my account, so cant answer at your's forum(((((((((((((((((((((((

it was written me that on my mail soobschnie will send with podtverdeniem account

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I am sorry for my English

Edited by Russian_Knight

The following is the entire todo list that Project Red bear will feature.

Personel:

* Spetsnatz~(Officer/medic/at/demo/marksman/fire team leader/machine gunner)

* Pilots

* Tank crews

* Engineers

Armour/Vehicles:

* btr 80/90's

* T-72B

* T-80's

* BMP-T Terminator

* Smerch Multiple rocket launcher

* T-90/T-90 command

* Buk-M1-2 air defence system

* SA-13 Gopher

* CHIORNY ORIOL (BLACK EAGLE) Main Battle Tank

* btr 60 - 70

* T-55

* Bmp 1+2

* BMD

* Sa-6 gainful

* Strela-10M air defence missle system

* 2S19152mmHowSP2(art mobile)

* GAZ-3937 GAZ-39371"Tigr"

* Tunguska

* Shilka

* BMP-3

* BRDM

* BMD

Air(rotor):

* Mi-2

* Mi-6

* mi-17

* mi-8

* Mi-28

* ka-27

* ka-50/2

* Ka-60

* mi-26

* mi-8

* new variants of the Hind Mi-24VM(35)

Air(fixed):

* SU-23

* SU-25

* SU-34

* SU-35

* An-2

* An-12

* An-26

* An-70(atlas)

* mig-35(fulcrum)

* mig-29

* su-2

* su-34

* su-35

* MiG-Skat UCAV

* Yak-130

* An-72/74

* Il-76

* Mig-29(smt)

* TU-95(bear)

Camoflage:

Floral

Urban

Desert

Weapons:

* AEK-971 rifle

* AN-94 "Abakan" assault rifle

* "Groza" OC-14

* OTs-14 assault rifle

* ADS dual-medium

* amphibious underwater assault rifle

* OSV-96 large caliber sniper

* anti-materiel rifle

* SSK Vychlop ("Exhaust") silenced sniper rifle

* PP-2000

* SR-3 Veresk

* ak47 pso

* k47 underslung

* ak47/74 with side fold stocks

Equipment:

* Webbing system

* 4D-2MV PRO(nv)

* 1D26 ATOLL SMALL-SIZE

* LASER RANGER DESIGNATOR

* Kornet-E at guided missile system

* KHRIZENTEMA-S sp anti-tank guided missile system

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be aware this is only possible becouse of the community taking part we have many projects to complete and we hope you will all par take, This will be one of the best addons and projects for arma 2.

So if you have some spare time and are looking for a challange dont forget were allways here and needing help, if you can do anything thats above then please get in touch and we will be more then happy to help you with anything we can help you with.

We will also need some mission maker's becouse whats the point in having all these addons and mods if we dont have any mission's to test them with? So if you dont mind using opfor troops and equipment then please contact us at once and we will be happy to bring you in.

13TH-soag

Wooohooo

Am i dreaming:icon_dj:

That is awesome and i just requested many many of those:yay:

Su-23? a typo. Is it meant to be Su-24?

Thanks BMGDragon

Edited by vasmkd