Sign in to follow this  
mrjingo

How to make Russians target and kill Insurgent ai?

I'm working on a mission where there is a low ranking insurgent named 'spy' grouped with a high ranking BLUFOR with presence set to 0%. I have a conversation with the titletext command and a gamelogic take place when the player approaches. At the end of the conversation I want the spy to walk away and then have some OPFOR approach him and kill him.

The problem I have is that the OPFOR won't kill him. I thought that grouping a low ranked OPFOR with a high ranked BLUFOR with presence set to 0% would basically turn them into a BLUFOR, but apparently not. I tried using the unit addrating -10000 command in the init of the spy, and I tried using the doTarget and doFire commands on the OPFOR's but those didn't work either. The closest I came was the OPFORS would target him, but they never fired.

This seems like something that would be easy to do but I'm pretty new at this so i'm stumped. I came across a hunter script but, I couldn't get that to work either. Can anyone help me out?

thx

Doesn't the setFriend command turn the whole side friend or enemy? Or can you use it on a single unit? Also, why doesn't grouping them with a BLUFOR work?

Yeah, it's the entire side. I just skimmed the title of this posted before searched thread. Sorry. :)

In that case ditch the hidden blufor guy and search for "setCaptive".

Use doTarget and doFire when you wanna take the guy down.

Hmm... The OPFOR get in extremely close range to the spy, a perfect scene for an execution, but they still don't fire. I have the doTarget and the doFire command in each of the OPFOR's init. Is that the correct way to do it?

EDIT: Hey I got it to work! I made a 3m wide trigger with the dofire command on activation over the spy's last waypoint. Thanks for your help!

Edited by mrjingo

Nope, not in the init, that's why it didn't work I bet. So it's one insurgent and multiple OPFOR right? What makes them shoot? A trigger or something? Are all the OPFOR in the same group? Is the player BLUFOR or OPFOR?

This code in a trigger would get the whole squad to shoot the guy. First name him spy or whatever. In your OPFOR group leader's init put fs = group this; then this code in the trigger onAct:

{_x doFire spy;} foreach units fs;

Edited by kylania