Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

USAF C-130H Hercules

sorry guys we will try to get them working, i should also be releasing my Maryland Air National Guard Herc tonite! hopefully. and as i said before any one how wants to see there state on your very own herc just say so, for those of ya who i made them one ang versions for(texas, min., and another one i belive) just repleace your textures(from the version before) with the ones in the version im releasing soon!

actually just edit the config and add in yr own version as multi textures are enabled

Hello guyz..and gratzz on your effort.

(I wrote in Armaholic comments section..but i ll write here also..)

*and btw i think MY issue is affiliated with Madmike's

I just put the Aircraft in editor-placed a inf.unit (me) and a UAZ.

I Drive IN Cargo bay nicely-closed the ramp..but the Aircraft wont "roll"

unless i unload it.. :(

I m sure lots of ppl here awaiting for Vehicles (air/ground/sea??!!)that can be REALLY been loaded with various stuff.. and not just scripts.

I wish u guyz the best :)

actually just edit the config and add in yr own version as multi textures are enabled

oh yeah i should have known that, will get on it!

Hello guyz..and gratzz on your effort.

(I wrote in Armaholic comments section..but i ll write here also..)

*and btw i think MY issue is affiliated with Madmike's

I just put the Aircraft in editor-placed a inf.unit (me) and a UAZ.

I Drive IN Cargo bay nicely-closed the ramp..but the Aircraft wont "roll"

unless i unload it.. :(

I m sure lots of ppl here awaiting for Vehicles (air/ground/sea??!!)that can be REALLY been loaded with various stuff.. and not just scripts.

I wish u guyz the best :)

It is impossible to load a vehicle onto a boat, another vehicle, or an aircraft without a script. Plain and simple. If you want to load vehicles into the back of the C-130 you must use AttachTo or create your own script.

A few days back NZDF_CRASH asked me to try and add some functionality to their C130 addon. This is the result of my labour to date. Ultimately these scripts will be hard-coded into an updated version of the addon, but in the hope of getting some community feed back and bug testing I thought I'd post the work in progress scripts here. Please let me know if you run into any problems or you have any suggestions.

Download: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/c130/c130_testACE2b.utes.rar (NB: although the scripts can be used in vanilla ArmA2 the downloadable test mission is for ACE2 only)

readMe

Vehicle in cargo and short take off scripts for c130

Version 0.1 beta

© FEBRUARY 2010 - norrin

These scripts are to be used with NZDF_CRASH's and soldier2390's excellent C-130 addon

Description:

Allows you to load-vehicles onto the C130, by driving towards the rear ramp while it is lowered. Loaded vehicles can be unloaded on the ground or while in flight (the vehicle will be ejected from the rear of the aircraft and a parachute will be deployed and the vehilce will float gently to the ground). The scripts also significantly reduce the take-off distance of the c-130.

To implement in missions:

1. Copy the scripts folder into your mission directory

2. Create a C-130 in the editor and name it eg. c130

3. In the init.sqf you'll need to put the following 3 entries in for each C130 aircraft that uses the scripts

[c130] execVM "scripts\openRamp\openRamp_init.sqf";
[c130] execVM "scripts\vclInCargo\vclInCargo_init.sqf";
[c130] execVM "scripts\STO\STO_init.sqf";

where c130 is the name of the aircraft.

To use the scripts:

Cargo script

1. Lower the rear ramp of the C130

2. Drive one of the vehicles from the test mission towards the rear of the ramp and it will be automatically placed on board the aircraft. The distance away from the ramp varies for the different vehicles based on their various geo lods - these may need some tweaking. NB: So far the script has only been set-up and tested with the vehicles in the test mission, if you try using others you may run into problems.

3. You can load to 2 HMMWVs or one of any of the other vehicles on the c130

4. While on the ground you can unload the vehicle by using the unload action that appears in the action menu while along side the aircraft

5. If the ramp is not lowered when you use the unload action then it will auto-open.

6. You can also unload while in flight, its recommended that you only do this while you are either flying level or climbing (this should remove the chance of an adverse geo lod interaction which would send the aircraft plummenting to the ground).

The short take-off script (STO)

Runs automatically when you attempt to take off - it essentially increases the rate of acceleration of the aircraft while on the ground so that you get airborne much faster - once in flight the boost script switches off

License:

These scripts are not to be altered or used for commercial purposes without the author's prior consent.

Edited by norrin

i think it would be cool if someone could make a movie of this for everyone to see ingame how nice it is lol, i would do it myself however i dont have a video recording program! could also be put on the offical dl page on other websites!

btw thx so much norrin for your help and support, we thank you!

Sounds great have downloaded and can't work out how to eject the vehicles in the air or on the ground. It also doesn't let me type the code into the c130 init line. Can anybody help?

Sounds great have downloaded and can't work out how to eject the vehicles in the air or on the ground. It also doesn't let me type the code into the c130 init line. Can anybody help?

If you haven't already create an init.sqf in your mission directory using a text editor (eg notepad). Then add the code lines in there. Or you can possibly copy and paste the init.sqf from the test mission if thats easier - just make sure you name your herc c130 in the mission editor if you do this or change the code in the init.sqf to reflect the name you've given to the aircraft.

The action to eject a vehicle should just automatically appear once its loaded if you are along side or inside the aircraft - eg the pilot should get this action - you might need to scroll down to the bottom of the action list though to see it.

same problem here, nothing in the action menu for eject the vehicles. Using the sample mission.

cu

chriz

i can say same for me.. sample mission.. loading works great.. but unload or eject actions are not there..

i can say same for me.. sample mission.. loading works great.. but unload or eject actions are not there..

Yea this is my problem that i was refering to, i dont think the scripts are linked properly. I had a look but couldnt find anything. Oh and i fixed the init problem just a typo. Could someone who can get it to work upload a new mission?

Thanks

Just checked again on a dedicated server and its working here. Doesn't mean the problem isn't real just that I need some more info regarding the problems you're having with the unload action. To help things I'm posting 2 vids to demonstrate how it should work.

Loading and unloading while on the ground

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6nt2qABeHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6nt2qABeHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Short take off and unloading while in flight

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE6m2ATpwvU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE6m2ATpwvU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object

For those of you not gettting the unload action can you please let me know

1. Were you along side the rear of the C130 when the action didn't appear?

2. Did the problem only occur while in flight?

3. Did the action not appear while you were in the pilot's position?

If there's anything else you think of that may be useful in reproducing this bug please let me know.

One thing I have noticed is that the attachTo position ofr the ACE2 M1 and the vanilla M1 is different (at the moment its set up for the vanilla M1) so I'll try and get an updated scrip out in the next couple of days.

Edited by norrin

I love all things air, so this is excellent! Will give it a full run tonight with the crew. Many thanks for the work guys! Will make good use of this.

Regards,

Gnome

Norrin

Nice vids by the way. In answer to your questions the options never appear any where around the plane, in flight or in the pilots seat. Bassically it doestnt exist in mine. I've redownloaded and it still doesn't work.

I'm going to try hardcode norrins scripts into the herc which will hopefully fix these issues people are getting in their missions

Nice idea that would make life alot easier for mission makers.... Good luck.

Hi NORRIN,

Not sure if this will help you guys but:

You do not get a "Unload Vehicle" if you are testing in the Editor. However I did test with many AddOns on a Dedi Server and in Local Multiplayer and it works fine.

Vengeance

Hi NORRIN,

Not sure if this will help you guys but:

You do not get a "Unload Vehicle" if you are testing in the Editor. However I did test with many AddOns on a Dedi Server and in Local Multiplayer and it works fine.

Vengeance

Thanks mate, that might explain it - I only ever test things either on a local MP or a dedicated server - I figure if it works in MP it works in SP so in future I'll check the SP behaviour as well just to be on the safe side.

sorry I was unable to run your script could

if you help me please you.