Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

USAF C-130H Hercules

UPDATE: now the AI can finally "Land & TakeOff"! plus you can now drive up the ramp, plus additional model updates and fixes.

Now uses ACE2 Flares!

arma22010-02-2220-46-38-05.jpg

LINK: http://www.filefront.com/15651245/usaf_c130h_final1.zip

credits: Snakeman, EddyD, Rocket, Soldier2390

p.s. all other Herc's from me and Crash will be released later, by me or crash!

Edited by soldier2390

well at least with it in this state people are less likely to want to crucify us

well at least with it in this state people are less likely to want to crucify us

hahaha good point! hope everyone likes them!

This looks very sweet, gonna download & try it out, and hope it reaches ACEX2 someday ;)

EDIT: The PBO file is corrupt, going to try redownloading, but doubt it would work, since BISGIN file and folders were created properly upon unpacking

Edited by Kristian

UPDATE: now the AI can finally "Land & TakeOff"! plus you can now drive up the ramp, plus additional model updates and fixes.

Now uses ACE2 Flares!

credits: Snakeman, EddyD, Rocket, Soldier2390

p.s. all other Herc's from me and Crash will be released later, by me or crash!

Thanks bud! Good to see this updated to use ACE2 but is there away to disabled the ACE2 flares on this plane? If I place the ACE2 No Countermeasures Module on the map will they be disabled like they are with all other planes/helis when I'm playing ACE2? Hope so cause I much more prefer using MMA's or even the awesome RKSL CM system.(But they gotta do something about the little annoying bugs that have been there for months. Damn I wish I had the skills so I could lend them a hand.)

Heres a hopefully uncorrupted link :/

http://www.filefront.com/15651767/USAF_C130H_FINAL.7z

Thanks to you as well bud. I appreciate it.

Can anyone confirm no corruption this time around? :)(sic)

Gimme a few more seconds and I'll let you know.

EDIT:

Yup, it's all good bud. File works.

Edited by Manzilla

Whats the command to open up the ramp? I presume its something like

"c130test animate ["ramp_top", 1]; or something similar to BIS :)

a little offtopic, can anyone tell me how to exec a HALO parajump script when "this" hits certain height?

...awesome RKSL CM system.(But they gotta do something about the little annoying bugs that have been there for months. Damn I wish I had the skills so I could lend them a hand.)

Well if people tell us what "little annoying bugs" are we tend to fix them. But we cant fix anything if we dont know about.

RKSL Bugtracker

Edited by RKSL-Rock

When trying to take off on Utes' date=' this fat albert seems to not want to take off![/quote']

I guess you'll need bigger runway.. well obviously, unless you use attachto and attach it to F35 xD

would like to decrease runway it uses to takeoff but when i alter the envelope to do such the old ai issues rear their ugly head so for now the envelope will remain the same until either soldier2390, me or wld427 can improve upon it

Well if people tell us what "little annoying bugs" are we tend to fix them. But we cant fix anything if we dont know about.

RKSL Bugtracker

I don't even have the mod installed. Others said they were gonna do it in other discussions. I don't report bugs for Mods I'm not using.

And it was mentioned in one of the RKSL threads. I'm really not gonna post bug reports for stuff I don't use and that is already mentioned in the proper thread. I got enough bugs to fix in my missions.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

is there away to disabled the ACE2 flares on this plane? If I place the ACE2 No Countermeasures Module on the map will they be disabled like they are with all other planes/helis when I'm playing ACE2?

Guess not, eh?

Edited by Manzilla

thanks guys for the support, ill try to answer any questions that remain once i get back! if crash dont answer them...btw big thanks too crash!!! great team we make bud! everyone will see more and i dont just mean hercs... as im sure most want to hang me and crash if we mention hercs again lol! so keep an eye out!

When i drive an ATV or something else in the back of the C130 and start the engines for takeoff the ATV still stays on the ground. Is there a way to fix that?

It would be nice if someone could lay on the ramp during the flight and shoot with a machine gun or something like that.

ok too answer some questions!

@RossCrispin: theres some already in the works by other..i myself am not skilled enough to make a proper AC-130! how ever if someone can they can use our model! i had a KC-130H going but since ace is did one i just stoped..if anyone still wants too see it i may continue, wont be as good as the one ace has in the works now tho..hell maby they want to work with me and have an "H" version in thier mod, then you guys get an "H" and "J" model in-game!

@Kristian: not sure atm bud, will look into it for you tho!

@PSYCHOSIM: yeah man as crash said, thats abit out of our capabilitys till something else can be figured out!(funny as c-130s are known for the ability to takeoff from short runways in RL, but guess thats not the case in BIS's Arma2)

@Manzilla: not sure yet bud? and do you mean from ingame or by modifiying stuff? as i will try to make it that way, if not for those who dont want the ace2 stuff i can make a seperate config and all! or do something to help you guys out!

@MadMike.48th: thats about the same as in any other arma vehicle lol, i think? but anyways i know what you mean and am currently trying to find a solution! for now i use the attachto command..for only on the mv22 tho, and thats still to fast to be affective, specilly with AI, all they seem to want to do is get out, and they cant, but still try..its sometimes annoying lol

did i miss anyone else? if so im sorry just just let me know!

also as i said before any requests and ideas are welcome, if you want to see your countrys skin on our hercs let us know, ill even do it asap! please provide ref. to exactly how you want it!

Well I have succesfully began making a mission with this. I plan also to film the beginning including this plane and adding the vid here, only thing keeping me from continueing on mission is that I dont know the ramp opening animations. :(

Hope you find them soon.

Also, there is a bug if you shoot inside cargo, the muzzleflash turns all white.

in the model the ramps are called cargo_ramp1 and cargo_ramp2 if it helps Kristian

in the model the ramps are called cargo_ramp1 and cargo_ramp2 if it helps Kristian

Sorry, not working. The ramps got animations (ofc they do) Try looking at scripts the addons use. For example when the ramp is

openned via action menu it should execute the animation on rear ramp.

Edited by Kristian