Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

OMON Units

You know, you don't have to download the replacement pack. It's a purely optional thing.

You know, you don't have to download the replacement pack. It's a purely optional thing.

I second this motion.

lol...confusion

Sorry was tired last night, i meant i'm downloading the 1.2 version released just before this one as a standard addon that doesn't replace anything.

Anybody using GL4 with is mission?

My heli keeps flying over the first base, gets fired upon, makes its way back to the downed copter, but soon crashes into trees.

Without GL4, seems to work fine.........

Comments?

Hi,

I just downloaded this mod and I wonder how I get the green camo? They're always blue when I place them D:

They look really nice btw :)

Edited by shadows734

Weird! Since latest version they're all dressed in green camo while I want the blue camo back.

You can get version 1.1 by downloading from FTP #2 at armaholic. That's what I did. I'll try out 1.2, thanks :)

Edit: Well, I downloaded 1.2 and they are still blue D:

Any idea?

Edited by shadows734

the ftps possibly do not have the updated version. i will look into it.

Would it be weird from a realism point of view if I used your soldiers and the ones in stock ArmA2 in the same mission?

I believe OMON get deployed to combat with troops, although I think only probably border conflicts, might be wrong about this though. I know they are in Chechnya, however.

So here wo go. Binkowski, I hope you don't mind if I explain about OMON in a few sentences.

OMON are the special purpose militia units of the local interior ministry administrations (GUVD). So each city or region got it's own. They don't belong to the para-military Interior Troops (VV) like the BIS MVD (=interior ministry) special units apparently do.

So all are special units of the MVD but different.

OMON are mainly used for riot control or as SWAT-teams.

In bigger anti-terror operations the serve as a kind of back up for the VV or FSB (Federal Security Service) special forces.

At the hostage crises in Beslan for example, there were a lot of different Russian MVD, FSB and even Army units present. So why not use these great OMON units together with the BIS units. If the situation fits....

Edited by DiFool

So here wo go. Binkowski, I hope you don't mind if I explain about OMON in a few sentences.

OMON are the special purpose militia units of the local interior ministry administrations (GUVD). So each city or region got it's own. They don't belong to the para-military Interior Troops (VV) like the BIS MVD (=interior ministry) special units apparently do.

So all are special units of the MVD but different.

OMON are mainly used for riot control or as SWAT-teams.

In bigger anti-terror operations the serve as a kind of back up for the VV or FSB (Federal Security Service) special forces.

At the hostage crises in Beslan for example, there were a lot of different Russian MVD, FSB and even Army units present. So why not use these great OMON units together with the BIS units. If the situation fits....

lolwut?

This thread is about 2 years old, what was the point of this bump?

ok, before u open fire on me for necroposting, sorry for that.

i have one tiny question, can these units work normally under the ace2?

cause they freaking look awesome and i wanna use them.

thanks

Hummm... I wanna suggest you to test by yourself and tell us. Your Arma 2 install doesn't run a high risk doing so. ;-)

I had played just 10min with those units and ACE2 in the editor and I did not found anything strange but you can test further if you want.