Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

OMON Units

Yep also tested these now (and the super hard mission lol) and the units are great Binkowski! Little more variation could be nice, but thats a detail atm. They look very cool.

Only gripe i have with these is the BIS standard voices lol. Telling my AI to move in formation and they reply with the whimpiest of voices makes me chuckle. Im 100% sure that if a OMON unit had such a voice in reality - he would be beaten - to death. Those guys are pure hardcore for those that doesnt know. Russian SWAT is not to be messed with.

Alex

Expect an update tonight guys adding more variety, new camo patterns, and patches. And Scubaman for whatever reason I didn't have any clarity issues with these, maybe it's an issue with my models? Anyway, expect an update today or tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Excuse me for double post, but the new version is here. Check the front page for more information. Mirrors appreciated!

Issues? What issues? I cant see any problems with them. And thanks for updating! Cant wait. :)

EDIT: Wohoo! Your fast man!

Thanks for these units too, awesome and hard work you do for community is appreciated! ;)

Thanks! Yes, that's way better than the first release. Now a black beret variant for both Camo versions and I'm happy and stfu ;)

And while you're at it...

militarywomanrussiapolit.th.jpg

... cough :inlove:

Edited by W0lle

If I had the model to a woman, I would 110% make that. Thanks everyone for the mirrors, also, black beret will come soon...

Great! Thanks for that neat update!

Btw. I took the following picture in Russia this year. It shows an OMON operator in a different camo and with camo patches. May be an idea for the future.

picture.php?albumid=1342&pictureid=16432

picture.php?albumid=1342&pictureid=16431

As you can see the patch "OMON" belongs on the right breast and only on the clothing not the vest.

Edited by DiFool

Excellent update to these units. They are coming along nicely. I wasn't sure if you were even going to release this at all, but now that you have, they are turning out great. Can wait for the berets. Nice work man.

if your require pictures... well:

kamysh_urbanqvo2.jpg

This camo is called "Urban Kamysh (Tigr)" Dont mind the MVD Patch.

(Rex-Designs Manufacturer)

kamysh_tigerzwki.jpg

This camo is called " Kamysh (or Kamysh Tigr)".

(ANA Manufacturer)

and as allready in the game:

u_reedz8qv.jpg

"Urban Reed" camouflage; (Manufacturer NPO-SM).

Some advices:

* Go for a black vest, instead of an olive drab Version.

* If you add a black-beret version, limit it to Makarow (street-duty)

* What about a Faceshield for the regular Versions with body armor ?

There are 2 popular face-shields for russian helmets; here you go:

maska_helmet.jpg

MASKA with face-cover; aka "the Bender-Helmet".

..and another Version with a glass-cover, that I can not find in google right now. It is the typicall "riot police" glass-cover for the helmet.

+ this may also be of help, when it comes to russian gear/info/pictures:

http://ra.spetsnaz.su/wiki/Main_Page

+ http://ra.spetsnaz.su/wiki/OMON

concerning helmets - Binkowski made reskin (cause BIS not gave us A2 MLODs) so asks concerning new helmets is not proper without BIS MLODs release :)

Vlad - you don't mix Kamysh with Tyen/Tigr ?

OMON should have in my opinion grey tones tigr, not Kamysh

as OMON is part of few different forces of MVD

you are American so you may not know divisions of Russian structures and that every structure has it's uniform and uniforms also differ because of part of Russia

your reskin more fit Internal Troops of MVD than OMON

OMON and SOBR are police forces (OMON mostly beat demonstrators while SOBR is like SWAT) but your reskin of BIS Kamysh more fit "MVD troops" in Chechnya without OMON patch

native Russians should say here is it proper to use Kamysh on OMON policeman

but in my opinion you should do urban tiger camo for them instead of using BIS Kamysh pattern if you want do policeman

BIS gave this camo to rebels that may look like taken from Chechnya or even MVD troops from Chechnya

so it is valid for Chernarus which is somewhere near

BIS made partisan camo for army specnaz which is also good

but if you do policeman in my opinion you should use grey urban tiger camo

or you can use Russian woodland copy to make SOBR (SWAT) policeman

or you can remove OMON patch and call it Internal Trooper MVD

because under MVD there are many forces and agencies and divisions

OMON is just one of them

MVD Internal Troops are second

SOBR other ...

and also Militia and... some other

in USA there are many many agencies, but probably DEA, FBI, Police, whatever other - all use the same black BDU

but Marines, USAF and GI use different camo types , right ?

but in Russia variation of cammo types and uniforms is much much bigger than in well unified western forces

Edited by vilas

Vlad - you don't mix Kamysh with Tyen/Tigr ?

OMON should have in my opinion grey tones tigr, not Kamysh

as OMON is part of few different forces of MVD

you are American so you may not know divisions of Russian structures and that every structure has it's uniform and uniforms also differ because of part of Russia

your reskin more fit Internal Troops of MVD than OMON

OMON and SOBR are police forces (OMON mostly beat demonstrators while SOBR is like SWAT) but your reskin of BIS Kamysh more fit "MVD troops" in Chechnya without OMON patch

Makes sense because the Kamysh jacket shown got an MVD VV (Interior Troops) patch on it (unit/division ODON).

To the pictures I posted above is to say that this is the one and only OMON policeman I've ever seen not clad in the blue-white pattern. Mabe it's his personal style. For exaple he wore not the commonly used telnyashka but a private owned black T-Shirt with "Shtorm" on it.

VV units might be a great idea for an addon though. I don't speak of the VV spetsnaz because we already have recieved great units with ArmA2. But regular interior troops units in camo would be great.

Edited by DiFool

and in my opinion VLAD named camo wrongly

KAMYSH is in english REED

and TIGR/TYEN is Tigr

so "tigr kamysh" is like "acu dcu marpat of USAF"

VV units might be a great idea for an addon though. I don't speak of the VV spetsnaz because we already have recieved great units with ArmA2. But regular interior troops units in camo would be great.

Yes, indeed!

and in my opinion VLAD named camo wrongly

KAMYSH is in english REED

and TIGR/TYEN is Tigr

so "tigr kamysh" is like "acu dcu marpat of USAF"

Then I obviously messed something up. Thats weired :)

Just an update, new textures are already being worked on. I will post up some screenshots when I get the chance. The new Tyen camo is looking good.

binkowsky,really i need omon,good idea.but are u going to make some new spetsnaz?i saw many units on youtube,i miss them in game now...........

binkowsky,really i need omon,good idea.but are u going to make some new spetsnaz?i saw many units on youtube,i miss them in game now...........

Really I'd like to see that, too. But honestly an addon maker should fucus one thing at a time to make high quality addons.

As for other Russian special forces: There are so many units and so much equipment. You'll never get all there is.

Really I'd like to see that, too. But honestly an addon maker should fucus one thing at a time to make high quality addons.

As for other Russian special forces: There are so many units and so much equipment. You'll never get all there is.

yes but the more the better..it s a shame i am unable to post links here,i found a spets sniper very cool

Well it's been forever since I've updated these, and I finally just did. Hopefully you guys like them, more information on the front page.