Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Hello. May I have permission to adjust 'required version' inside Panthera config for Take on Helicopters and distribute? I have been asked, but hesitate to respond until permissions are given.

thanks

Can you make a new patch pbo file without touching my original .pbo file? In that case yes.

Otherwise - no. I don't allow any alterations of my work and basically every readme of my islands state that island can be only used for Arma game. I have bad experience with particular people of certain "Life" mods.

Since ToH is a fine BIS product I will allow the use of island, but please let me do the changes and release a new version of the island that will be compatible with both games? What changes are needed, what version is required in ToH?

I'm ignorant on the batch file pbo method, sorry. I will have to decline the requests and refer them to this thread instead.

ToH is currently version 1.02 with a 1.03 release maybe this week(?)

I am unaware of any issues other than required version. I can produce an RPT if you wish.

Hi IceBreakr

Last time I checked Panthera to use it for a promotional mission for PedagneMOD I had to dismiss it as unusable.

It would just be fantastic to use it cause, well you know it's the place you'd expect Aplini to be.

The main issue I had was AI flipping vehicles on bridges and the island is full of bridges!

Could you tell me is a newer version is out where AI doesn't flip over every bridge? I've 2.61 it's a shame this Island can't be used.

We are recieving reports of heavy snowstorm in Panthera. Local army forces are helping to clear the roads and trying to get to villagers with food supplies. More on this when we recieve next report (Panthera 2.7 inc. Snow Edition version).

Edited by NathalieVern

Not much I can do about it. I guess you want to make a complex mission where AI travels a lot from one part to another?

Easy solution would be to block the bridge with mission items?

too bad, cutting off all the bridges isn't much of a solution, it would result in only one route being allowed for AI and none for some particular areas, not good when you're suppoed to guess the enemy route, maybe I'll come out with some other mission in Duala or Lingor ,ah... I seem to miss quite a few buildings in Lingor,towers placed mid air? What am I possibily lacking?

1. Have Arrowhed that is required?

2. Have A2 that is required?

3. Have all required addons (ibr_plants & MBD Buildings #2)?

4. Have a screenshot?

I've not seen problems with AI flipping out. Perhaps I'm too busy killing things to notice?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes/downloaded again ( on the armaholic page is listed MBG building 2, not MBD, typo?), maybe I've installed MBG #1 instead, will try this weekend and let you know.

@Kremator

not sure what you've tested, I just got into an AI truck and pickup and let it drive all around the island, tested mainly three routes, starting from ports in the SE,SW,NW and arriving in the central zone with the mountains, every time I ecnountered a bridge the vechile just flipped and the AI got out.

If I drive the very same vechile, no problem.

is this island require a MBG buildings ?:yay:

Hello I am quite new to all this. Do i need to upload the island to my dedicated server as well>? and if so where? and still in its @Panthera folder?

That is correct. Dedicated has a game folder and you put @Panthera inside. Then you run the dedicated with -mod=@Panthera line. Adding more mods can be done by putting ; in between names.

I recently added Island Panthera and I'm getting script errors when ever I join a server running it or try to use it in single player. In addition the game takes at a minimum 5 minutes to load and I'm greeted with this error:

Pa7esl.jpg

Then when I'm about to get into the map:

http://i.imgur.com/Ys264.jpg 575 kb!

These vary but almost always exist.

But the biggest problem is that I now spawn below the map on any map, its like I'm swimming and when I'm on multiplayer people tell me I look normal to them but this is what I see :

http://i.imgur.com/vzOyc.jpg 160 kb

I'm not sure if Six Updater is putting the mods in order when the game is launched in but I had no troubles other then the odd script error every once in a while. Now its every time I start the game since I've add Island Panthera.

Any input that could shed some light on whats going on would be greatly helpful, thanks.

Edited by W0lle
Images over 100 kb

PvtHudson

Please watch your file sizes, the max. allowed image size is 100 kb as said in the forum rules you accepted just now.

Also the troubleshooting forum is not for problems with addons and mods. Clearly said in the description of that forum.

I know you want fix your problem quickly, but by just ignoring rules here you get even more problems in the end. :)

PvtHudson: I'm pretty sure your error is in connection with some other mods that feature units. Panthera has no units so it should work - like 99.99% ppl use it without any issues.

p.s. Sixupdater is famous for "spliting up mods" in various @folders, so be careful when using it.

Try using one of links on my website (click on signature pic) instead.

I'm glad Panthera is recieving some feedback after a long time, thanks to the DayZ unofficial mod:

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/97961-dayz-meets-panthera-island-updated-to-version-1-3/

p.s. I'm recieving info that someone modified my island (military barracks that have trouble with players stuck, I think?), does anyone have more info or link to the illegally modified such content?

New version of Panthera is coming, change log so far:

- new clearing for setting up bases

- smoothed terrain of various regions of the map, more added detail

- fixed buildings such as military barracks that player get stuck in

- updated satellite image

;)

Edited by IceBreakr

This is a fantastic map, as are all of your other maps - thank you!

Indeed it is a fantastic map, great vegetation, but I think that the terrain needs to be smoothed out a bit, In my point of view, too many mountains heh but obviously this is based on real life mountain in Slovakia/Slovenia if I am not wrong :P

Nevertheless cannot wait for new version.

NW Slovenia yeah. Problem with heights is that the map is a 1:6-1:7 scale of RL, its my first map... I'll do a bigger one for A3. I'll smooth it out, maybe even lower some heights.

Tnx for all the good reviews, its nice to see that ppl still play this old map of mine (probably tnx to Dayz hehe). We did zombie missions on this map 2-3 years ago, tnx to Charon and his Undead mod ;) not to mention Arma1 content even before that =)

As a matter of fact my friends and I play GITS Evo on Panthera quite often!