Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Is there anyone with this kind of problem ?

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ztbtrp.jpg

It looks like building shadows..or I dont know, but its very annoying, hope it will be fixed in the next version, if the problem is not on my side.

Happens on just about every user Island so far. Try turning your shadows to High/Very High.

@Pauliesss

I've seen that effect a few times too - it isn't at your end... seen it on Sahrani/Rhamadi with CAA1 too...

Sort of like a "displaced" or "inverted" building shadow.... Only on certain buildings.....

I THINK it's something to do with certain Arma 1 buildings in Arma 2, since it happens in CAA1 as well...

B

Is there anyone with this kind of problem ?

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ztbtrp.jpg

Yep ive seen it once. From the river it looked like either my boat produced them or some house maybe.

Been testing this map out some more and its fucking brilliant (excuse language). :) So many places that look very different gives a lot of variation. Coupled with EMERYS buggys and some Zodiacs laying around the river sides here and there its just fun to get around on it.

Great work.

Truely great island Icebreakr, i'm really enjoying it. As i did in ArmA 1 :)

I have a little issue though : when lauching it with CAA1 and CBA i have this message :

Addon 'caa1_c_enablePorto' requires addon 'caa1_p_roads'

Does anyone have this warning message too ? If it's a known problem then i apologize, but i haven't found reports/info about this yet.

Well this means Icebreakr made also an pbo with prefix ca\roads.

So it conflicts with the CAA1 one.

What do you mean by tags andersson?

PBO-filenames do no matter at all, when prefix is used.

I just pointed out that there are missing tags on some pbo's in the island pack, so one could guess there are probably tags (prefixes) missing inside to.

As you know they should be used on both places. Right now his roads.pbo could overwrite another creators "roads.pbo". I know that you use tag caa1_, as it supposed to be, so that is not the problem now. But the problem is, as you say, the same prefix. And one should use a registered tag as prefix per community standard.

Edited by andersson
spelling

Well we both use the ca\prefix for good reasons.

Hopefully Icebreakr will repath them with moveObject as caa1 is supposed to make

worlds not needed to be edited.

probably the best custom made WRP I've ever played across the Arma Series. A few dodgy textures here and there that you probably already know about.

Cant' wait for a well design PVP CTI/Warfare. The rivers/terrain/bridges and enterable buildings will really give it a new dimension. Plus the map is particularly awesome for CAS.

Edited by PeterEyres

Noticed when u shoot into small dams the impact effect is different from river or sea. U can hardly see anything but cloud vapor. U probably know about it already anyway but i'm really enjoying the map

Hvala lepa

very neat island, thanks! could see this being a great platform for infantry / air transport/amphib intensive warfare missions with remote firebases in the highlands. armour may rule the valleys, but the mountains belong to the rifleman! i have noticed that ai heavy armour has issues getting around and may not be a good idea here. anyone happen to be working on a warfare for this?

The central mountains can be a great practice for Takistan... if only we have TrueRange AI from ARMA1, it would be awesome. Even so, as it is... its really great playing with SOM, really adds value to ARMA series. Good job everyone.

Panthera: Tour of Duty :D

man this island has become my default. it is so good.

2 comments. the grass seems overly green - is that an custom texture?

my AI have a hard time crossing the river and bridges. Anyone else have that problem?

amazing stuff.

tried crossing bridges with ai drivers and it wasnt a problem. plus they have pretty good road pathfinding. havent tried it with soldiers on foot yet, but if its anything like arma1, they have to AT LEAST be in a column formation or it'll be a disaster.

is the island compatible with other addons?

If you mean addons like units, vehicles, effects, soundmods, graphic tweaks etc etc etc - then Yes.

If you mean addons like units, vehicles, effects, soundmods, graphic tweaks etc etc etc - then Yes.

thx for answer.which addons do you suggest to play with in this island?

Well, I'm back from Tuscany (with couple of new map ideas heh) :)

Nixo91: No, it should not interfere with any other mods, except CAA1 when using roads.pbo (you can use CAA1 instead, its the same!), I'll make use of A2 roads in upcoming v2.1 so old roads.pbo won't be needed anymore.

Kju: I use A1 roads (included), but will replace them with A2

Orton: keys are planned for v2.1

Skooma: hey no prob, just cut back on the skooma a bit, m'kay? ;)

dale0404 & just about anyone posting so far: thanks, it means a lot to me!

Upcoming v2.1 features:

- add server keys

- default use of roads2 and getting rid of old roads

- bumpmapping issue with pebble texture

- landing points ILS (need help with that, how to read coordinates and make config for all 4 big airports!)

- replace some trees with green ones

- sat texture fix to make it less "smeared" in couple of places

- removed palm tree from desert road

- fixed missing paa error window (hand_okna_ca.paa)

I'll let you know when its done.

Pauliesss: send me PM with location info where would you send woodcutters in and I'll see if I can convince Pantheran authorities to cut down 2 or 3000 trees =)

personally I like the dense forest... and I mean really-really like it. would be sad to lose some of the density