Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

I can't wait to try this out--downloading now. Been sick so haven't had a chance to try it till now. Looks wonderful already from what I've seen. Excellent, excellent job! :D

My favorite feature of this island is the fact that 99.99% of all the buildings are accessible! This will be a MUST for anything related with CQB / MOUT! And I must say, my OMON units look damn nice on it.

For some reason, alot of scripts don't work on your island, such as dostop nameofunit and nameofunit land "land", which are central in alot of my missions.

Haven't had to chance to try it in MP. Very much looking forward to it though!

IceBreakr people told me AI is capable of using roads fairly well on it.

Did you use use a2 roads and binarize it or anything else? Cheers!

Amazing map. We have it uploaded on our server (http://www.srr-hq.com/) and we are currently making some quick and simple missions to play on it; hopefully, in coordination with the SLX mod. You're all welcome to come and play with us. :)

Yeah this island isscreaming ta a good Coop/AAS team taunting at em saying you'll never survive Panthera just do it make a map on me, I dare you. Just stirring up my limated mission editing. The area I visited on it yesterdat SE of the airfield looking n n/w in the valley below with town just smells ripe for a fight.

Not to take away but think aslot of players here dream of of flying behind enemy lines in a (if I dare say) fast attack boat (Zodiac should do fine) guess I just watchted too many Navy Seal training(mil.com) exrcises goin inland to remote isand etc inserting completeing there mission an gettin the F outta dodge. Or maybne i just aint explored the whole map yet. Sorry lil off top had a brain warp to a fictional mission sombody once makes 8)

8) I found my river inlet took a lil helo ride via wp's to every interesting spot jmo this could be best map of 09 hands down! Gonna put out Zodiac an go for a lil boat ride now 8) Inlet @ grid 03-08 an 05-08

Edited by Call_911

This island is far too nice to make war over! :p

Two Bugs I found:

-The Pebble texture look really wierd ingame, I don't know if this is just the settings I'm using, but it's looks like something Dali would be responsible for.

-There's grass on the runways

Also, not really bugs, but worth fixing anyway, the grassy riverbanks (I love the rivers btw, not used enough in the engine IMO) look really off, you should consider changing them to be rock or dirt in the steep sections and pebbles in some of the softer ones. Also, the Autumn-ey chernarus trees look kinda disconcerting, they'd look a lot better if replaced with green ones.

Still, an extremely nice island! I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Amazing work! Been waiting on this, great stuff, many thanks for your hard work.

One question i copied the pbo files to the addon folder of the server but the island won't show up anyone could help me a bit?

It is a rental server.

I just changed up your demo mission a little and made it a river patrol mission with your new units and gotta say -really nice! There was something soothing about the color of you units and riding up the river, really has that distinct flavor that makes you feel like your actually there. Also, the ability to jack everything to very-high and have great fps don't hurt either.

:)

Edit-correction, it was Binkowski's Oman units and demo on your map.

Edited by froggyluv

I just changed up your demo mission a little and made it a river patrol mission with your new units and gotta say -really nice! There was something soothing about the color of you units and riding up the river, really has that distinct flavor that makes you feel like your actually there. Also, the ability to jack everything to very-high and have great fps don't hurt either.

:)

Edit-correction, it was Binkowski's Oman units and demo on your map.

Did u get the Zodiacs riding high on the water in your mission too? Just curious.

Did u get the Zodiacs riding high on the water in your mission too? Just curious.

Yes, I just noticed it at high speeds. Thought it was just hydroplaning till I saw the engine out of the water :D

Looking very impressive so far!!!

The pebble/rock texture thing is known and hopefully will be fixed... I'd like to add my vote/concern about the dreaded arma2 brown trees too... they clash a little with the overall "feel" of the island...

The AI (with sakura chan's driving fix) seem to keep to the road pretty well and don't stress out about bridges, which is pretty impressive! - and some of the sudden dips and slants in the road make for a fairly wild and fun ride!...

Try riding as gunner in an AI-driven humvee and just give them a waypoint a few miles away! the white-knuckle way to see the sights!!!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Amazing island, the only thing I dont like is that in some areas there is too much trees, or better said, big density of trees which cause FPS drop.

Maybe you could remove some trees in the next version for better FPS...but thats only my opinion, best island so far anyway. :)

Little bug(some part of this bad texture is also in water):

http://i37.tinypic.com/2z3xkc8.jpg

Near bridge in Most na Soci...little funny, I know Most=Bridge. :D

Yeah I was just gonna post that Pauliesss, that's the only bug that I can see so far. I really am enjoying this island, great firefights!

Could some one please explain how i put this on the server i copieed all the file's to the addon map but it is not in there.

Other than the slight FPS drop when driving through areas with a massive chunk of trees, I'm enjoying this map a lot. It's just extremely beautiful--I like driving around and checking out the scenery hehe. Fantastic work hands down. :D

Great Island. Its funny, it sort of looks bigger than it really is .... but then again you can't drive across in in 5 minutes thats for sure!

On the buildings, any chance we Terrain Builders can get a list of your "enterable buildings" ?

Have had a good go on this island now and i have to say its great! very nice when your down on the ground and seeing those mountains with pine trees on. Very immersive. Also flying really high when the textures becomes 1:1 sharp and it looks real. And the rivers! Whoa it adds so much to missions.

The only thing in my opinion is that the textures could be bigger(?). I mean sharper when a bit lower. Flying a helo not high enough makes the ground look pretty blurry/blobby. Im wondering, is it possible to have 2 textures on maps in ARMA2 so that when your lower you see one, and when going higher it blends into the other one?

Anyway i dont mean to crap on your awesome island. Its superb! Just if there was one thing that could be a bit better i would say making the textures bigger. But it might not be possible as i know absolutely nothing about making islands. Its far beyond my skills.

Thank you again for your hard superb work IceBreakr!

Alex