Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - Wacht am Rhein

By way, any allies' list could be referred to? Would be there any M4A3 with long barrel 76mm gun, M10 & M36 anti-tank vehicles?

Of course, dont expect to have them all in the first release.

We aren't releasing any lists about included items just yet :)

A question, will be your updated patch of ARMA1 all the same stuff as the release of converted DDay in ARMA2?

A question, will be your updated patch of ARMA1 all the same stuff as the release of converted DDay in ARMA2?

Not entirely sure, but I do think there will be some additions (depends on what gets done in time). The patch (for ArmA1) should be released today, I'm currently compressing it, then need to upload it.

M4A3 with long barrel 76mm gun, M10 & M36 anti-tank vehicles?

Mmm I'm not sure.. but looking at my 3ds studio max.. it clearly says something with HVSS in it :rolleyes:

As to map, would you make a brand new one for winter Arden? Seems would be a really time consuming thing to make it and whether you'd like to rework on the current BIS map and it's also a typical mountain area very similar to the terrain of Arden and just need some old time buildings.

As to map, would you make a brand new one for winter Arden? Seems would be a really time consuming thing to make it and whether you'd like to rework on the current BIS map and it's also a typical mountain area very similar to the terrain of Arden and just need some old time buildings.

We are called to be a 'total conversion' for ArmA2, so just reworking a BIS map and calling it the Ardennes.. isnt the way we work.

So that is a yes to the question of we are going to make a brand new map for the ardennes.

It's really exiting news.

How quickly you're planning to finish the mod?

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

That mod sounds nice,

I wanted to play a WW2 as a german for so long, however, you mentioned that for the sake of realism you want to keep the swastikas and runes in the game, wich is realy bad news for me, because by that the mod will become ilegal in germany, and I won't be able to play it (crying out loud) or am I wrong? if so, feel free to correct me.

I wish your team all the best with your project

I guess you germans have to improve much in your stupid legislation. WW2 is long gone now, why new and new generations are to pay debts that they not borrowed.

I gotta say,I miss Market Garden

the only reason to install OFP again is to play the mod

We are a 'total conversion' for ArmA2, so just reworking a BIS map and calling it the Ardennes.. isnt the way we work.

So that is a yes to the question of we are going to make a brand new map for the ardennes.

Having said that, Kampfgruppe Peiper only operated in the northern half of the area that the offensive took place in, so the map is probably going to be restricted to that (to save time). Eisenborn, Stavelot, Malmedy, St Vith, La Gleize that general area.

Thanks for all your work. I'm really looking forward to this mod. I'm sure it will be fantastic considering the current improvements with the Arma II engine. I do hope you will recreate the Wacht am Rhein operation as realistic as possible and base you map on real world data (from old maps), especially Malmedy will be interesting.

That mod sounds nice,

I wanted to play a WW2 as a german for so long, however, you mentioned that for the sake of realism you want to keep the swastikas and runes in the game, wich is realy bad news for me, because by that the mod will become ilegal in germany, and I won't be able to play it (crying out loud) or am I wrong? if so, feel free to correct me.

I wish your team all the best with your project

Who is ever going to check that you download a mod? Of course you can play with this mod, the German government cannot and will not ban all download mirrors by the time this mod comes out!

Deeply impressed by your new patch 1.1 just released in ARMA1. Many new stuff added and really a nice fighting experience in game with your top quality Mod. Very confident you would do the same or even better for ARMA2.

ports for the most part. We want to take out these aging relics and replace but two types of people that we could really use are voice-actors (American-English and German) and missionmakers.

What must a missionmaker do to meet your conditions?

What must a missionmaker do to meet your conditions?

In a nutshell, they must be able to make a complete mission to a high level of standards. That means they are able to:

- Make Intros and Outros (camera and scene scripting)

- Set up rough briefings (if people need help w/ English, we understand)

- Call and interact with scripts from addons

- Write, test, and implement custom scripts as needed

- Debug missions thoroughly

- Check for MP compatibility

- Communicate with the team and work under the team leadership

Naturally, everyone has some strong areas and other weak ones (I suck at MP scripting... just never 'got' it), so if you think you can do several of those, feel free to apply. We will expect to see samples of your work, even if its something you never released to the community. :)

@I44_John

Pls contact Vilas for german voices. My self and a few others sent the P85 Team back when it wasn´t broke yet some really nice stuff ;)

Mmm I'm not sure.. but looking at my 3ds studio max.. it clearly says something with HVSS in it :rolleyes:

Marss, your tank work released in ARMA1 is really awesome. Especially like your firefly and M4A3 tank in 76mm gun. Keep going on the nice work for ARMA2!

By way, will you make any IV tank destroyer ( John Christophe once made such stuff in OFP ) or Jagerpanther, even Henzers ?

By way, will you make any IV tank destroyer ( John Christophe once made such stuff in OFP ) or Jagerpanther, even Henzers ?

Quoting myself with the only answer at this time:

We aren't releasing any lists about included items just yet :)

I gotta say,I miss Market Garden

the only reason to install OFP again is to play the mod

tyvm :)

Maybe in the future you guys will take up a mod dealing with the Pacific War. OFP and ArmA never did deal with the Japanese.

Since my Grand Father fought in the pacific. Went from Private first class to Lieutenant in about 2 years. Has shrapnel from a pineapple grenade he threw into a turret hole. They threw it back out and shrapnel flew into his abdomen. Hes still alive and still has the shrapnel in him.

Still can't wait for this one though.

problem with a pacific area for a mod is the sheer amount of work that would be needed for the map, would really have to make entire new models for everything.

Any latest news for reference?

When we have news we want to share, we'll be sure to post it ;)

I personally classify the current project as mid-level difficulty, as the climate setting is different, and so the environment along with it's effect on things (vehicles i.e.) and type of clothing has to be changed to an extent. We can use existing environmental objects, but will need to edit them to reflect the cold and snow.

The Pacific theater would take a really long time to make as Rhodesy77 correctly mentioned, virtually everything would have to be made from scratch, or at least extensively reworked.

Peiper bypassed Bastogne, so there will not be any 101st ABN paratroopers. Panzers accompanied by panzer grenadiers were the main component of Kampfgruppe Peiper, and they will be of this mod.

)

Yes, but Peiper did encounter the 82nd Airborne.