Sign in to follow this  
vasmkd

Favourite Aircraft to fly

Hi guyz

just thought id'e ask what your favourite planes and helicopters are in the game and what do u like about them?

Mine are

Su-34: Just a beast and is well armed

F-35: Can take off quickly but a handy little plane thats pretty easy to fly

Ka-52: brilliant attack helicopter

Mi-8MTV-3: Love the amount of FFAR and blasting ground troops. also love been the door gunner and loading my troops up

cheers

Default: A-10 (love flying close air support)

Mod: F-16 (two words - loadout options)

Pretty much any helicopter that can shoot back, and some that don't. The other day I was having fun flying solo with the Cobra near the harbor of Elektro in a Dom server. I spotted a Shilka stuffed next to one of the warehouses so fired off a hellfire that travelled between the legs of 2 cranes before hitting the AA. Took me a moment to realise just how cool that shot was.

Having fun with addons featuring CH-53's, Comanche's, Littlebirds. ADuke's helicopter pack has been a real joy with all the H-60 variants. I just like my whirly birds.

First place - Mi-24 (the most powerful beast in the world :) )

Second place - UH-1Y

A-10, all the way. That cannon is just unbeatable in destroying... well, anything.

The AV8B is a close second, it flies pretty well at high speed.

Here's hoping for an Su-27/MiG-29 at some point though. :)

Sooo slooooooow

I agree need more top speed as it is faster than a hind or apache in real life but its still my favourite and some added speed would make it even better

Su-34 and Cobra for me. Ka-52 is good but boring to fly. Cobras to be good with them you gotta use the hills etc for cover; bob up and fire.

Mi-24V, Su-25, and A-10, mainly like the A-10 for its Gau-8, but i like the Mi-24V and Su-25 since they have a large amount of S-8 rockets, they tear up infantry and vehicles alike, and you cant go wrong with 80 of them.

C-130 upside down over the runway on domination missions then push over and do an outside loop, it will do it.

Planes:

- A-10: Mavericks FTW

-C-130: Like LeftSkidLow said, you'd be amazed at what it can do and it's just fun to do it :D

Choppers:

- Blackhawk

- Cobra

- Ka52

Edited by Flightster

as boring as it sounds, I really enjoy flying transport missions / extractions with the MH-60, it is actually the only role I play in Arma 2

uh-1 and ah-1 are my favourite choppers by far in vanilla a2, the AH-64 is pretty awesome also.

Planewise it has to be the f-35... Was playing on a map supporting my mate the other day and it's awesome being able to fly behind an obstacle, whack it in vertical flight mode and strafe stuff then bugger off again... Probably a warning against doing that in the rl flight manual but there we go.

Modwise it HAS to be the f16... That thing is amazing especially at near supersonic speeds about 10m above the ground.

Being primarily a grunt I'm pretty poor at fixed or rotor wing flying but recently got hooked when I set up an AI in an SU over Utes and dog fought it with a AV8B using just the GAU. Missiles are soooooo 80s . . . until I add some AA on the island to make it interesting.

Now trying to get a handle on bombing runs over the bigger towns on the mainland, targetting the lighthouse off the coast of Chernogorsk (apologies for sp).

cjph

Cessnas and Pipers... To bad they're not in the game :)

In the game, the Blackhawks are the only thing I fly.

A-10 is great fun but cobra with another play inside is also great fun :)

Loading up troops and making a succefull drop off in a evo or domination or warefare game is also nice :)

A-10 but they HAVE to fix that gun sound its a fricken crime. Also we need FLARES so at least we have a CHANCE of surviving the un-announced SA missles..