Sign in to follow this  
rpdap

Unique AI :-) No scripts :-) ! LIE !

No scripts, no pre defined pathways :-)... bla bla bla... Let's try to finish Mantahttan mission ... It's only one way to go to the Manhattan hill without killing by AI script ... bum bum & red ... it is so stupid :-(

No scripts, no pre defined pathways :-)... bla bla bla... Let's try to finish Mantahttan mission ... It's only one way to go to the Manhattan hill without killing by AI script ... bum bum & red ... it is so stupid :-(

explain better please, I'm curious...:)

His post is silly, It doesn't make any sense, I'm up to the Manhattan mission but don't know what you're talking about.

Is this the documents mission where you have to go to a house and get some documents and kill some bad guys. but sometimes you seem to get killed by invisible snipers. i had this happen to me on the Manhatten mission too.

SD

yeah, Mantahttan Mission is impossible...

to pronounce.

There is a (quite large) operation radius.

If you stray out of it you will be killed.

It has nothing to do with AI BTW - player setDamage 1 and play a sound (either AK fire if on foot, or RPG rocket if in a vehicle).

It's bullshit, really.

They just need to record a dialog line saying "return to AO" and end the mission with you going AWOL if you don't. Like every other game.

Arma2 is NOT like every other game.

Yeah, sometimes it's worse.

Cliquish responses are always on a context-free hairtrigger. I love the internet.

i wandered far from the AO in The Manhattan missions and didn't get killed. I went to the big airfield and found a bunch of angry woodsmen with rifles.

ok, I really must admit here that the entire Harvest Red campaign ISN'T a good representative of what ArmA2 is all about. I started having serious fun with ArmA2 only after I started with user made missions. The official EW mini campaign did give me quite a few wow moments too so that's representative as well.

By the way, NO SCRIPTS isn't a lie. You just looked for it in the wrong place. There are many fully dynamic user made missions that truly is made in that spirit. HARVEST RED ISN'T NO SCRIPTS. In fact, it is so scripted that if you don't do certain missions in a certain way, it won't play out correctly.

So, again, ArmA2 rocks, not Harvest Red. Harvest Red's only one campaign in a sea of missions for ArmA2.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Yeah, sometimes it's worse.

Cliquish responses are always on a context-free hairtrigger. I love the internet.

Ok, because clearly if ArmA doesn't do it like other games, it's worse.

Ok, because clearly if ArmA doesn't do it like other games, it's worse.

Now, this isn't my argument in any way, but god damn you're a clueless moron.

Proceed.