Sign in to follow this  
t3lancer2006

Keyboard not working in game.

Hi all,

My keyboard isn't currently working ingame, ever since Steam downloaded the last patch. I have no problem getting ingame, all of my drivers are updated (to include my keyboard), and I have no other probelms in anyother games. I have a razer tarantula keyboard. Is anyone else having this problem? I've reset my computer and reinstalled the game also. Thanks.

My computer specs are in my sig.

Edit, sig isn't showing up:

Intel Core2Duo E6600 @3.4ghz/ 23 C Idle

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

HD4870 512Mb @ 780/1090

4x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 Ram 4-4-4-14 @ 800mhz

WD Raptor X 150Gb, 550Gb Caviar SE, 750Gb WD

X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Championship Series

Thermaltake 1000w Tougherpower

CM Stacker 830 Evolution

4 Case Fans

Ben-Q 24" Widescreen

Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Logitech Z-5500 5.1 System

Same here, works fine for me, but sometimes when I exit out of the steam overlay back into the game, keyboard is nonresponsive.

Hmm... I have just experienced this as well I'll try solving the issue of the locked keyboard.

My hypothesis is the tab key is being left on. (You've seen it when you shift tab before the menu goes crazy.) I'll test this in a moment.

I don't think it has anything to do with the keyboard, because I shift tabbed to tell my friend that my keyboard isn't responding in ArmA, and I have a sh1tty Mini-din keyboard and you all have USB ones. Thus the keyboard is ruled out, along with drivers.

So it is a software problem between Steam and ArmA.

I'll get on trying to escape the issue.

Edit:

Well I've failed you, my keyboard started working again. and I couldn't replicate results after it fixed itself.

Try hitting tab a couple times when you are at the start menu. That seemed to fix it for me.

Edited by b00ce