Sign in to follow this  
-RIP- Luhgnut

Seriously FFS. PLAY THE DEMO!

I have an answer to so many people:

1) Will the Game play on my computer? - "Play the Demo"

2) I bought this. And it doesn't run well on my machine - "Play the Demo First!"

3) This game is full of bugs.. can I get a refund? - "Play the Demo first before you buy ANY GAME. (Scrubbed this one.)

4) How does the game play? I like COD4, is it like that? "Play the Demo".

Seriously, you people that buy games, that either A) Don't like them. B) Your machine is too weak to play it. C) has some sort of minor "doomsday bug" that you can't sleep at night if it's in the game. - If you buy a game these days from no matter where, if you buy it without playing the Demo and it's not what you want? Or can't be played?

Ready for this? IT'S YOUR FAULT! - PLAY THE DEMO'S FIRST!

Playing the Demo before you buy, saves yourself and EVERYBODY so much time.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

I agree with all but 3. The demo isn't 1.04 and patches up to 1.04 fixed quite a few problems from the start. :)

Basically people need to realize that BIS games do tend to have bugs at the start and they are almost entirely squashed in time. Even with bugs ArmA2 is fantastic and will only get better! :)

What kylania said. BIS games start out very buggy, but are generally fixed within patches. One could also argue with "Well, I get bad FPS bla bla bla", then they don't purchase the game. I do agree with them all but 3. Patches are a God send.

I agree pretty much except ofcourse for what the others have said: demo isnt up to fully patched state, so ofcourse has more bugs then 1.04 will.

+ i don't think that the demo is that great for testing your machine's power to handle the game, because not the entire width of Chernarus is available to you, just a part.

I think try the demo is a universal concept, as the demo will give you a general idea of how the game plays.

With further investigation into a game that you want to buy such as Arma2 potential buyers should know that this type of game is not one to just "buy" and jump into it like you would any other game cough..cod, wolfenstein, medal of honer, ect.,

the whole OFP series is a very in depth game that you really need to get an "idea" as to how the game plays, how the controls are setup, the demo is not so much a final product, as we know it is not, it is merely a glimse into what the game is and how well it may run for you and if you would be interested enough to play this "type" of game.

Best to take your time, get the demo and go from there.

Be weary young skywalker, lol, it isa game that requires your time and patience, as its not linear scoped run and gun childsplay.

play the demo first!

If the demo was kept patched against the latest build, I would wholeheartedly agree. Especially with point 1.

The demo was good enough to make me buy the game. Anyone wondering if performance is better in the full game can just come here and ask...

I agree with all but 3. The demo isn't 1.04 and patches up to 1.04 fixed quite a few problems from the start. :)

Basically people need to realize that BIS games do tend to have bugs at the start and they are almost entirely squashed in time. Even with bugs ArmA2 is fantastic and will only get better! :)

true... ok forget 3... you're right.

I tried the demo, it was great. Then I bought the game in order to play the co-op campaign, and of course the campaign was really, really buggy and broken. So yeah. Demos aren't that always a great guide to how the actual game is going to be.

I fail to see how the 'bugs' are the fault of the consumer. Number 3 needs to be scrubbed from your list.

I fail to see how the 'bugs' are the fault of the consumer. Number 3 needs to be scrubbed from your list.

If the consumer had tried the demo, they would of noticed a great many bugs that would of stopped them from buying the game if the bugs were too aggrivating for them.

It isn't to mean that the bugs are the fault of the consumer, it's just the consumer's fault that they failed to try the demo first to realise if these bugs were going to be a problem for them or not. This is actually how I got into ArmA1. I tried the demo, and liked it even though there were a lot of bugs (and at that time the demo was a much older patch version than what was actually current.

If the consumer had tried the demo, they would of noticed a great many bugs that would of stopped them from buying the game if the bugs were too aggrivating for them.

It isn't to mean that the bugs are the fault of the consumer, it's just the consumer's fault that they failed to try the demo first to realise if these bugs were going to be a problem for them or not. This is actually how I got into ArmA1. I tried the demo, and liked it even though there were a lot of bugs (and at that time the demo was a much older patch version than what was actually current.

True but most demo's, people relize that bugs are in the demo's (for the most part.) but you can at least see if your machine will run it, and how the gameplay is.

I just can't understand why someone would shell out $50 US (and more depending on your location) install it, play it for a couple hours, then get on the forums and rag that the gameplay is not to their liking, or their machine won't run it, or they don't like the blur, or whatever. Or the most extreme doofas's saying they are going to "bring a lawsuit" against the company cause it made them sick. Give me a break.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Yeah you're right. Scrubbed.

Gotta agree.

Also people, don't forget http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

It's a big help!

I think a lot of it is that a good % of people also own consoles, and expect a $50+ game to run with little to no effort. Then they buy a game for a PC and might have to do some tweaking to get it to run good, and complain they have to do "all these extra steps". Oh no, I might have to learn something!!! This game SUCKS!!!

I know I'm a PC gamer because I LIKE tweaking my system and actually LEARNING more about computers...they have so much potential but most people only use 25% of it. Look how much worthless crap (to the avg user) that comes with software on most pre-built PC's that just take up resources and sometimes can interfere with programs...but the typical user just leaves it there probably never using it

Personally, I've learned a lot about PC's (both hardware and software) just from trying to get games to run (clear back from 1994), and I don't regret it one bit. It's allowed me to better build my systems, choose the right hardware, and keep my system "clean"; so I typically NEVER have these problems people talk about with other games (not just Arma2)

People don't realize that just because they have a problem it doesn't mean everyone does, and that the developer NEEDS to fix it...how can they fix something that can't be reproduced on every system?

Edited by No Use For A Name