Sign in to follow this  
riffleman

Little campaign-Lost solder

Will i succeed in build in good campaign which iam trying.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will i succeed in build in good campaign which iam trying.

Hello everyone i am making a campaign which is base on true story,in it i use pak infantry addon and indian infantry.i also modify BIS BRDM with help of sanctuary advise.in it 5 mission are there.iam a simple campaign maker,i need help in building cutescene.anyone help me in it much appreciated.

ist mission of campaign

http://www.filefront.com/15892961/patrolling%20party.Abel.pbo

2nd one is safe edge

3rd one destroy dump

4th one enemy edge

5th one here or there all is my land.

Edited by riffleman
mission comes

Purpose of poll is that,first time i trying to do something in ofp.so it is intresting what people think about my success or not.

Riffleman,

First before you take on a daunting task such as a campaign, why not first try a few simple missions that encompass the following.

1. A good plot (story)

2. Clean and easliy understood briefing, including tickable objectives and notes area.

3. Intro cut scene.

4. Sound track? (optional)

5. Seccession of objectives to complete.

6. Special effects...ie Weather, Enviroment Sounds, Anonymous Voices etc.

(maybe some fire and burn scripts if you're up for it)

7. Multiple ending scenerios.

8. Outro.

Once you've complied a few missions they can be built into a campaign. Some campaigns are launched as a "DEMO" using the first mission of the campaign as an SP mission.

You might try this approach and let us judge your skill based on the first mission.

As iam working on this for 3 months,cutescene are big problem for me.i think one day i will succed.

Focus on proper mission build (briefing,mission itself, add a script or two, maybe some extra sounds ,but NO music during fights. Music generally is very boring. Intro isn't important at all, a good briefing setting can replace the intro. Intro Should be omitted, takes to much time to create for non skilled mission maker. As recent polls on forums have showed that many playes watch intro only once, then it's skipped so.

Edited by Sudayev

Music during fighting can be really a troublesome. Music can disturb your aiming. What is my point here :Avoid music during fighting scenes. About briefings :Good briefing is much better then a cut scene. Maybe you can trigger a camera during the beginning. Like Setting :Around and Top position.

Edited by 33BO11OF00

Hello,

Much of what's been suggested in the preceding posts I'd agree

with.And in particular,having a good story. I think most people who

visit these boards really appreciate a good story.Which I suppose,is

what a campaign is.But I don't know if it's something you should try for

a first foray into mission building.

It might be better to do as Zulu1 suggested,and begin with single missions.

Gain some experience and build your confidence,before taking on

something as big as a campaign.

I don't think you should worry too much about cutscenes.At least not

for your first missions.Although they will add that extra touch of polish,

the main thing is that the mission itself is solid.

Anyway.Good luck with your project.

:)

... and it's me again.

Q: Have you done anything with teh mission so far ? There were many "attepmts and projects" here on board but only very few of them were released.

Poll closed.

riffleman

For the last time now, stop adding pointless polls to almost each of your threads. Have you ever seen someone else here making stupid polls asking if he succeeds with his campaign/mission or not?

One mission ready,need to upload it.where are free uploading sites.try to send to filefront and ofpr.but rejected.what to do.

My first mission is here simple task,give your reviews ,comment.

http://ifile.it/68xiz95/revenge-1.Abel.pbo

Honestly? I do not want to sound rude but it was terrible.

To me this looks like a mission created in 5 minutes.

No briefing - "Kill all spetsnaz" is not enough to encourage other to play. No Intel. Zero atmosphere. Dumb task.

I opened the mission with editor and there was only a few units with few waypoints placed in. Such things can be done for fun and thats what I like to do actually - place some units with waypoints and shoot them.

Sorry - 1/10. Better luck next time, try implementing the ideas we gave you.

I am not gonna rate this

Chopper is useless against the infantry, so in your mission it is useless.

Do you know what "cycle" command is for ? It is not a waypoint thats for sure. Cycle is used to create a loop. If you want chopper to patrol an area yiou have to give him par example a path consisting of four "move" waypoints and finish it the path with last waypoint which is "cycle". You chopper should be sweeping over a designated perimeter.

Try implementing new ideas like weapons section - some players like it with sniper while some of them prefer silent take downs with a MP5 :) It is always different when you are equipping your team with more diverse weapons.

I'm pretty sure you will find how to add choosable weapons to the weapon section.

You can always experiment with weather script that will change the weather and daytime everytime you launch your mission.

Also try unpacking some missions made by other people and try to understand its build, it really helps a lot beacuse it is like learning from others. You can always find ready solution in other people mission and implement these ideas into your mission. This really helps and I am talking from my experience.

Read editor faqs, improve, implement. Good luck.

Here are some links:

http://www.ofpec.com/index.php source for top missions and scripts

example editor faqs

http://www.combatsim.com/memb123/htm/2002/09/opflash-me/

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor_User_Interface_%28OFP%29

Have anyone try my mission.reviews by anyone.

Have build another mission,but will release in 2 days.

Edited by riffleman
Info

Campaign completed,but stuck with how to put all missions in campaign any help.

I can help you with cutscenes on the weekend give me links for the AddOns tell me what you want for cutscenes and then I build it for you this should increase the quality of your campaign extremely contact me here via private message...

I will also teach you how create cutscenes.. I teached that in the last years at least 5 persons... All those 5 people became good camscripters and missionmakers because if you know how to make good movies you automaticly create nicer and better missions because you're more determined.

You wont believe how easy and fast camscripting works...

Like I said I can only help on the weekend.

I want to learn that,but my school teacher give me lot of work.at weekend i am busy with all my persentation and assignment.

My campaign have 5 missions.first one is patrol party

2nd one is safe edge

3rd one destroy dump

4th one enemy edge

5th one here or there all is my land.

Edited by riffleman
Info

I try to make campaign by packing all these my mission,when i have a folder than i copy it to campaign folder.but it say no campaign discription.

Riffleman,

The Description.ext file is similar to sinlge player mission file. It's used to define special stuff. For camapaigns you need to define each mission of your campaign in the Description.ext file.

First download and read this:

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=25&game=ArmA

Then download this utility, it will help you:

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=589&game=ArmA