Sign in to follow this  
SpiritedMachine

Importing 3ds or OBJ

Is anyone else doing work in other programs and saving as 3ds or obj and getting load errors? I can't open any of the models I'm working on in Oxygen2.

The following only (possibly) applies to the issue you may be having with importing .3DS files, it probably wont explain the issues you're having with importing .OBJ. Anyway, back in the day, when I was importing .3DS into O2, I used to find some would work, some wouldn't, it would depend what program I had used to create said .3DS file. After much forum searching I found out the solution was lack of "KFDATA" within the .3DS file.

Check Google for a program called Anim8or (or something similar). This little app isn't exactly perfect, but its free, or at least it was when I used to use it. Using the debug menu up the top, you can add "dummy KFDATA" allowing you to re-export the model as.3DS and successfully import the .3DS into O2. Hopefully.

I hope that helps.

Oh my, it worked. You sir, are a lifesaver.

I'd expect nothing less from a fellow Famke Janssen fan. She rocks my world, the only reason for watching the Xmen movies... Anyway, I digress. Thanks so much.