Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

Here are some suggestions for the next patch/patches:

• Make soldiers less fragile, so they don't get injured at the slightest things.
  • Instead of having to order medics to heal wounded soldiers, make it so you have to order the wounded soldier to go to the medic. (Otherwise, your wounded men can't heal at medics from other squads!)
  • Make the vehicle controls less sensitive, so cars don't swerve off the road at the slightest turn.
  • Make it so the camera follows the vehicles you're driving/flying.
  • Make the folding of the Osprey, Cobra, and other aircraft a built-in feature.
  • Make it so that when placing objects on the aircraft carrier, it'll by default be placed on deck.
  • Correct the bug where AI-controlled C-130s crash into trees right after takeoff.
  • Correct the bug where AI-controlled units "get stuck" running into choppers.
  • A couple of more vehicles would be nice. Such as civilian planes, a gunship variant of the C-130, a couple of more weapons on the UH-60, etc.

Edited by webman1200

Fix the respawn=4 and respawn=5 (group and side, respectively) to work with ANYONE in that group or on that side, not just the ones set to playable. Or at least fix "setplayable" so that we don't have a cluttered screen when picking our teams for certain missions.

Fix the tracers so they are visable at all angles.

Tracers burn only from behind, you can't see them on the receiving end. At least that's what I heard.

Fix the tracers so they are visable at all angles.
Tracers burn only from behind, you can't see them on the receiving end. At least that's what I heard.

Correct. It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;)

Well, Wiki tells us another story.

For those on the receiving end of tracer ammunition, there is a well-known optical illusion whereby the tracer rounds appear to be traveling slowly, but as they get closer, they appear to speed up considerably.
There are three types of tracers: bright tracer, subdued tracer and dim tracer. Bright tracers are the standard type, which start burning immediately after exiting the muzzle. A disadvantage of bright tracers is that they give away the shooter's location to the enemy; as a military adage puts it, "tracers work both ways".

To eleminate this problem, the US patented a new technique:

A recent patent U.S. Patent Application 20040099173 covers the use of an LED and capacitor, instead of a pyrotechnic compound, in an attempt to stop the tracer being seen from the front.

I doubt that the ingame tracer rounds use LEDs and capacitors in their bullets.

Correct. It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;)
It's a bug, not a feature.

I fixed it for ya.

Mindless F@nb0!

I concur.

Edited by Curry

I believe that tracers are visible from all angles due to a sort of rocket like effect where the phosphorus burns in the air behind the round not actually inside the concave back end (after all, there wont be enough oxygen inside to maintain the burn)

the bullet will get in the way to some extent, but not 'that' much.

p.s. check out the beta log, some of the stuff asked for here has been addressed, thanks BI :)

I believe that tracers are visible from all angles due to a sort of rocket like effect where the phosphorus burns in the air behind the round not actually inside the concave back end (after all, there wont be enough oxygen inside to maintain the burn)

the bullet will get in the way to some extent, but not 'that' much.

p.s. check out the beta log, some of the stuff asked for here has been addressed, thanks BI :)

tracers are only visible from the side and from the shooter's point of view, not from receiving end, know this from a wise old srmy veteran xD

This might be a weird request, but...

Is it possible to change it so that windspeed is the driving factor of ocean waves, instead of the overcast value? Windspeed affects smoke very nice (except the particle system don't handle gale force and above very good, but that matters less), and also grass will be bend according to wind direction (I love the attention to detail here :)), but not the waves?

BIS please make it so AI can't tell you to Disembark your vehicle I get killed alot by this!

Since when does AI have more authority than an acutal player, I know this is command and chain but this is damn right stupid! :mad:

properly identify memory on gfx cards, and fixing the 8 gig problem

Edited by -=JackHorner=-

And make top secret tactics available to server admin, who might be an enemy in upcoming clan match?

Edit: Oh, never mind. Who the hell uses chat? :)

two things which should be fairly simple:

1: stop the packed missions showing up in subdirectories when in the scenario selection page.

2: on the scenario selection page, add a text field showing the dependancy information in the mission config file (save us trying to load the mission we simply cant).

tracers are only visible from the side and from the shooter's point of view, not from receiving end

yeah, thats what i meant by the bullet getting in the way... id probably use the cosine of the angle for the brilliance... or something similar

These kind of thread are useless if they are created by the community and not the developers themselves.

actually, no... their not like any other software house iv ever experienced, most hide from their users and treat them as bug generating inconveniences, but BI do actually seem to be listening.

Edited by OOPz

i would like to have an american/russsian equivalent of this.

It is an ARV

and i want/need it because the AI vehicles too often end up in a deep ditch/ravine and cant get out of it on their own.

But of course it should be available in MP too.

I think it should be disabled that whenever you go into water you lose your gear. this causes nothing but problems when trying to collect it because as soon as you have it back its gone after 3 seconds. And trying to get ai to recollect their weapons is a nightmare. Not to mention that the majority of the time people like playing as special forces and Real Marines don't lose equipment when they do a water approach to a target. (another thing you cant really make in the editor as by the time you reach land you got nothing to fight with.)

-Make the folding of the Osprey, Cobra, and other aircraft a built-in feature.

-Make it so that when placing objects on the aircraft carrier, it'll by default be placed on deck.

Note: From now on I'll just edit my first post, so check there for more suggestions.

Edited by webman1200

i would like to have an american/russsian equivalent of this.

that would be a mod, not something for a patch.

From now on I'll just edit my first post, so check there for more suggestions.

yeah... thats just not going to happen, thats not how fora work

Rearrange the multiplayer menus and chatboxes. Right now everything is just on top of each other which makes the lobby and browser look very crowded and confusing. For example when there's lots of chat a big portion of the lobby menu is blocked. Same thing happens in server browser when you disconnect from a chat heavy game.

So in short make the menus more organized, right now they feel like a quickly thrown addition.

When I get home I'll sketch something that should look improved :).

Suggestion

- Tighter Turn Circle For C-130 on the Ground

Currently cant taxi from taxiway to runaway without having too cut off onto the grass really silly considering C-130s have a tight turning circle in real life

My problem is, when the C-130 takes off, its fly directly in to the trees and crash.. please fix it, so we can make some nice para missions ;)

oh and please make it possible to holster the pistol.. sick of using that script just to holster a pistol.. please make it so :)

Dennis

Edited by Dennistp

Please correct the hand position of most of the Pilots in Arma 2:

in the helicopters (liks the Mi-24 or Ka-52) the pilot has both hands in the Joystick (Cyclic) and none in the Collective/Throttle

and in the Airplanes (like Su-25) the pilot has both hands in the Joystick and none in the Throttle

Please correct the hand position of most of the Pilots in Arma 2:

in the helicopters (liks the Mi-24 or Ka-52) the pilot has both hands in the Joystick (Cyclic) and none in the Collective/Throttle

and in the Airplanes (like Su-25) the pilot has both hands in the Joystick and none in the Throttle

yup, i once asked for dynamic hand and moving hands while piloting choppers, planes and vehicles.

Rearrange the multiplayer menus and chatboxes. Right now everything is just on top of each other which makes the lobby and browser look very crowded and confusing. For example when there's lots of chat a big portion of the lobby menu is blocked. Same thing happens in server browser when you disconnect from a chat heavy game.

So in short make the menus more organized, right now they feel like a quickly thrown addition.

When I get home I'll sketch something that should look improved :).

BIS should just redo the Multiplayer interface it looks like its a Beta version right now.

The Co-Pilot or in some cases the observer of a helicopter should be a

"REAL" Pilot. Being able to take control of the helicopter at any given time.