Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

Bots still can see you (and shoot) through foliage of the tumbled down tree. It would be great to disable their "wallhack".

The way wheeled vehicles drive at present state simply feels wrong. It's unresponsive and very prone to oversteering. A1 had it pretty good for keyboard+mouse.

This really needs fixing, I can't imagine it would be that difficult.

I wish beeny edition warefare version could add field hospitals to camps again, Like it was in Arma 1 version.

Then I wish I could win the lottery or find a job, any 1 of those options sounds good right now :)

i suggest the possibility to put on/off the "Vsync" in the video option panel in the game.

Since the game refers to us Aussies it would be good to see some player skins, Steyrs, those 6-wheel LRPV and Winged Daggers.. Probably too much to ask for though

I keep having the text from the actionmenu in front of my view. When I scroll up or down once and click the right mouse button, it's gone. But it'll pop up very soon after a while and I have to repeat the same steps again.

I.E.: The text also always shows up when I enter a vehicle and go driving. Then I'll have something like "lock" or "options" in front of me and it won't go away until I repeat the above step. Note that I'm not sure if this happens in singleplayer mode cause I never play singleplayer but it happens every time I play warfare.

Also, I think the new quick command menu is very annoying. Normally, you would get a commandlist with all options, now you'll get a shorter command list with the most used options and you can get the full list by pressing the backspace key first and then selecting your units. I think I'd rather have the old ArmA 1 command menu back.

The most annoying thing however, is that I always get the command menu when viewing the map. It overlays the map screen so I can't use it. I have to follow weird steps to get the command menu gone so I can start moving and zooming the map again.

ArmA 2 is the best game ever but it would be even better if the annoying commandscreen would start acting like it should and the text in the middle of your screen should go away after 2 seconds or so without having to use the scrollkey + mouseclick or pressing backspace. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and it isn't ArmA 2's fault. In that case, please help me get rid of the annoying pop up text from the action menu.

Also, fix performance. I have a fast rig and get decent framerates somewhere around 30fps in Warfare but ArmA 1 was much smoother and I feel sorry for the people who don't have a fast PC. Also, please bring back the Little Bird or another agile chopper. The airunits that come with ArmA 2 are all very nice but very sluggish. I'd love to see the quick and responsive Little Bird back (not having the LB isn't a bug of course).

I hope one day we'll get countermeasures for aircraft. Nothing is more annoying than buying an expensive Kamov in warfare, lifting off with it and getting a missile up your a** without knowing you were locked and without having the ability to do something about it. Makes aircraft a bit useless, i.m.o. Apart from these little annoyances, I just love ArmA 2, so don't get me wrong :-)

I'd love to see the quick and responsive Little Bird back

This can be downloaded and used already as addon, and its coming in Operation Arrowhead if you missed that. Countermeasures excist in ARMA2 as addon as well. So im just saying that you can have all that right now if you want.

However this thread is for requesting something that could make it into patch 1.05 - next patch. I dont think they will rework the whole game and add new vehicles in a month or two.

For many people the game is unplayable due to artifacts, CTD's, and a whole bunch of other problems.

I would even be happy knowing that these bugs would be fixed in an upcomming patch, even if it is not 1.05.

wfGea5Bl5I0

1SitcAf48zA

(I did not make these videos.)

These is a thread that is currently 77 pages long about these problems here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73235

Edited by Abc94

This can be downloaded and used already as addon, and its coming in Operation Arrowhead if you missed that. Countermeasures excist in ARMA2 as addon as well. So im just saying that you can have all that right now if you want.

However this thread is for requesting something that could make it into patch 1.05 - next patch. I dont think they will rework the whole game and add new vehicles in a month or two.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I didn't know the Little Bird was featured in the expansion pack, so thanks for letting me know. I don't really like to download addons cause they most likely won't be used in the warfare servers anyway and that's what I play most. And I know this topic is a request for what to add in the coming patch and I really didn't expect BIS to add a Little Bird in their next patch, maybe 5 patches later. But I do know sometimes extra content like aircraft gets added with a patch. They've done that before with Flashpoint and ArmA so it's not entirely useless to request the Little Bird i.m.o. :). But since the Little Bird is already coming for the expansion pack (what I didn't know), I'm sure it won't get added to ArmA 2 in a patch.

The rest of what I mentioned however, I do see as bugs and I do hope those issues get fixed.

BIS and community I have been having this strange preformance Issue with the oceans of Arma 2 and the coastlines.

Everytime Im on the islands anywhere except for the big cities and forrests I get a solid 30 FPS.

Now that changes whenever I'm facing the oceans my FPS becomes unplayable especially when im flying and I get near the ocean my fps goes from 30solid to about 5 sometimes drops even LOWER! :eek:

Please BIS can you investigate why I get worse FPS when looking at just a horizon with just an ocean texture in my view thanks.

BTW I have my Texture quality on Very High and 3D Res to 100%.

I NEED THIS FIXED IN NEXT PATCH!! :(

Also just a little but deadly one is that some tanks have the ability to become invisible:confused:

Ever since patch 1.05 I can't spawn as the Driver in any of the hummers, I only spawn as the Gunner. So fixing that would be nice.

AI driving skill would also be nice...

Edited by Hicks15

Stop AI gunners from changing weapons to what they think you should fire when using manual fire.

amen, that drives me up the wall.

Edited by OOPz

I hope we will get an 1.05 patch very soon!!!:mad:

Cause ArmA2 having to many bugs in it and making trouble?

I cannot understand why BIS are working on a new Stand alone Expansion Pack when ArmA2 doesn't runs bug free?:confused::confused:

I cannot believe that Operation Arrowhead will be run better as ArmA2 when its has the same Game Engine????

Sorry Guys but finishing ArmA2 first would be a better disscision and then release an Expansion Pack:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah

1st) as Promised in the manual, it sais "Airstrips contain a special hangar which is marked on your map. This structure enables you to attack planes." I dont see that in any warfare game??? I dont see any special hangar that enables me to have attack planes?

2) it sais structures available to be built in Warfare includes Hangar ( which sais is only available in large scale scenarios, and by airstrips) So I tried the Super Powers Scenario, and I dont see the option?

3) First Aid Tent is another promised structure, I dont see the option to build it either as commander?

4)Anti-air radar - Also promised in the manual but I dont see the option to build it in game

5)Artillery Radar - Another promised structure thats not present

6) UAV terminal - Another Promised Structure thats not present

7) Also sais Aritellery is an available option to be built? yet I still dont see it

8) It also promises in the manual you can buy vehicles unmanned etc. I only get the option to buy the vehicle manned, theres absolutely no option to buy it unmanned etc.

9)I dont know if this is with only my Pc, but it takes ages for the buying equipment/units menu to pop up sometimes, highly frustrating, sometimes have to wait for a whole minute for it to pop up or click on an option and it registers after half a minute

10) I once attacked a convoy killing quite a few, knowing there was a few I never knew about so as I advanced onwards, I was faced with quite a thick ass tree line and bushes, but my guy manages to autoreport exactly where the ai are far behind the treeline etc. was absolutely no way my guy couldve known, and as such I just had to look at my map to know exactly where they were. and I guess its the same mechanism the Ai has in order to spot me? thats why they have xray vision and can see through thick long grass or behind a similiar bush/treeline. So with this one I just stress the waaay further needed AI improvement, and that goes for every Ai issue.

11) I think make Warfare like a Skirmish option like in strategy games instead of the select few scenarios in the game or having to download community based versions of it, also for multiplayer, where you select youre side number of towns to capture, and that it auto places the 2 bases/ starting point in a radius near the towns needed to capture.

12) The First aid simulation sometimes doesnt work, not often though, im not sure if its a bug or if theres a reason why I couldnt give my squadmate first aid, sucks heavily, if there is a reason why I couldnt would be nice if it notifies you with a reason.

12) in the Secops mission when we get dropped off by the heli, sometimes all my squadmates get critically wounded from the landed, as they exit the heli, like they collide with it coming out or something, crap frustrating as I have to give them all first aid, or sometimes happens when I call in reinforcements and as im approaching the landing zone I see the reinforcements hop out only to die before I get there.

13) Another nice feature would be a mission wizard similiar to the Singleplayer scenario ones but in Multiplayer, so I could make an target mission with Ambient combat on high with civilians etc. in a few clicks and play with some friends, or even a secops one.

14) Maybe the option of having the choice of First Aid simulation in Warfare.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Also the AKM doesnt have the pointed firing tip for less recoil :D hahahaha

Nasty Bug I found the other day

I shot a 2ton Half Track right in the back with like 6 Opfor in the back and guess what the Half Track didn't even BLOW UP!!!!! :mad: WTF?!!

And also guess what everybody was alive still even though the Javelin missle hit right on TOP of them!!! :mad:

I would like this patch to FINALLY fix it when a Vehicle blows up and theres anybody inside they don't get that chance (when it lags) to get out when the explosion alread occured!

The Javelin needs to blow up the half track and everyone inside needs to be DEAD!! Why is it when a vehicle gets shot with a missle it takes like 1 or 2 seconds afterwords to kill anyone and be destroyed??? PLEASE fix this its been here the whole time BIS.

Also can you please finally add an Interface for some of the Helos, Jets and for the Javelin, theres no interface for the javelin and also that thing is too easy to use and its able to shoot to quickly, also touch up the model looks wierd and the nobs look like triangles. LOL

:)

need fix the AI commands like "Regroup"

voices comaand

and they will Hill me when i hit by bullet

Ability to disable motion blur but keep the other PP effects - its quite annoying to play with trackIR.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I didn't know the Little Bird was featured in the expansion pack...

The reason to LB's coming is becuase its the US Army we will play in OA. In ARMA2 its the marines. This is why some gear/vehicles are not implemented as they arent usually used by the marines.

So the only way for LB's in ARMA2 is to use addons. Not using addons IMO is missing a lot of what this game is about. If you want to play WARFARE with addons try look for a team that plays it. Inside a team you always have a say and can prop for some addons to be used. In fact most teams do use addons. Every team i know of uses addons since it gives you what the game hasnt. It gives you what you want.

Ok this is about patch 1.05 suggestions...

Sorry for offtopic guys.

The reason to LB's coming is becuase its the US Army we will play in OA. In ARMA2 its the marines. This is why some gear/vehicles are not implemented as they arent usually used by the marines.

That's strange because the US forces in A1 were also marines and they had Little Birds and stuff.

So the only way for LB's in ARMA2 is to use addons. Not using addons IMO is missing a lot of what this game is about. If you want to play WARFARE with addons try look for a team that plays it. Inside a team you always have a say and can prop for some addons to be used. In fact most teams do use addons. Every team i know of uses addons since it gives you what the game hasnt. It gives you what you want.

Addons work only in closed MP communities, you can't have proper public games with missions using anything else than the most mainstream mods. That's why it should be easier to download small addons on the fly and make the addon restriction feature more reasonable. Addons are simply a pain in the ass when you want to join any MP game without thinking what addons a server allows or which missions use which addons.

Yes Celery i think it "should" be easier as well. That isnt how it is though so i just tried to help him with how it is now - today. Teams i played with using addons have never had any problems. Pub server will get you in trouble if you pack addons yes. That he already knows.

And about ArmA1 and marines. Couldnt care less. The reason for it in ARMA2 is what i said. Basically quoted BIS themselves.

none of the guns seem to have enough stopping power but the rifle damage at extended range is way way WAY too low, a typical sniper round at 1km will deliver more energy to the target than a 45magnum at point blank range (only with a hardened, pointy round which will cut thru body armor with ease), but the guys just dont fall over (even from head/high shots), often need 3..4 shots center mass to drop a guy... that is simply B.S. and its really starting to get on my tits :/

For an unknown reason in the campaign mission Manhatten I can only call arty in once and then it is done

this is the only and fundamental "suggestion" I got

When dragging a wounded you can fire your weapon, and it was intended from the beginning that you could use it with very little accuracy to at least somewhat supress enemies while getting your buddy into safety.

However the aim is very low and you hit maybe 3-5 meters into the ground so it doesnt serve the purpose it was said to do from the get go. I remember reading you would be able to at least loosly supress as you dragged your mate.

So my suggestion is to raise the aim to level with the ground/horizon so it does spurt bullets down range instead of into the ground. Small thing this and not very important maybe, but a detail to hopefully get fixed some day.

Link: RED currect aim - GREEN future aim?

Alex